In the last decade, online education has witnessed a rapid evolution. There has been a significant increase in the number and variety of online courses. And, this has been welcomed as a great opportunity by many students all across the globe, however, other students see these courses as less effective than traditional classroom teaching.
Let’s find out which one is it? What are the advantages and disadvantages of online education programs?
Advantages Of Online Education
- Online Courses are Convenient
The biggest advantage of online education programs is that your instructors are available 24*7. Your only excuse for missing class is not getting online, and that is just sad. Who doesn’t want to experience the ease of opening your laptop, sitting on your desk, and learning new things? You can get assignments, notes, and practice quizzes, all from the comfort of your own home.
- Online Courses Offer Flexibility
The best part about certified education courses: You can study at any time you want. You can study at night, in the morning, afternoon, whichever time suits you. What is more, is you can study wearing your sweat pants. Yes! That’s true. Online education programs offer you the flexibility to spend time with family, friends, or any other activity you like. You still have to complete the assigned work though, but for many, flexibility is a great catch.
- Online Education Programs Have Financial Benefits
If you may think that buying a laptop and paying for the internet is pretty expensive, consider all the money you’ll be saving in gas, parking, and traveling to the campus each month. If you have a family, you are already bearing the cost of your child’s education, electricity bills, and whatnot. Online education programs are a godsend for working-class professionals with other commitments.
Disadvantages Of Online Education
- Students learn better in a group setting. At traditional schools, students learn how to interact with others, make friends, play pranks, and indulge in conversations. Competition between colleagues can be very stimulating, but students benefit from it. Online education programs can’t offer human interaction like traditional schools. Although online platforms are able to offer live interaction with other students of the class and instructor you cannot joke around and make friends as you can in traditional schools.
- Another disadvantage of online certified education courses is that they cannot cope with thousands of students that try to join discussions. Also, online certified education courses can be difficult if you don’t have the discipline for it.
Online learning is a complement and extension of the classical form of education. Students who pursue online education programs can effectively manage their time, learn new skills, and complete assignments on their own schedules. By this estimation, students not only encounter all mandatory coursework but also gain the necessary experience with the latest tools and technologies required to stay in the competition.