Process of imparting education in India has come a long way from ‘paathshalas’ and ‘gurukuls’ to big prestigious universities and institutions. Today education is not restricted to classroom training and has taken the face of online education, changing the scenario of education drastically. Online education market in India has already crossed 5.9 trillion of worth and is anticipated to grow expeditiously with focus on skill development, executive education and executive training programs.
The reason is that not all universities or colleges offer courses on students’ choice. Students also fail to seek admissions in regular courses, that’s where distance education and online learning courses come to rescue. More than half a billion of India’s population fall between 18-25 years of age, giving online education in India a great future and an opportunity for the various educational startups to offer online certification programs catering to different categories of technical and non-technical education. Online education in India is expected to grow from 20$ billion to 40$ billion this year and figures are already on the increasing mode.
Requirement and scope: One of the benefits of digital education is that even executives during their professional career can also join online courses and enhance their skills. Online education holds a bright future in India and in fact, it is a boon to the education seekers.
- Distance education offers various executive and distinguished certifications and courses that are unavailable in regular college education.
- With growing internet reach, e-learning is becoming the new face of education.
- Not only are professional courses taken care of, but academic assignments, papers and online tutorship are also in vogue in online education. Various educational centres offer online coaching for school as well as college subjects.
- Online education is convenient depending upon the accessibility by the students at any time.
- Along with the course completion, online education portals offer 24-hour helpline and solutions.
- The usage, viewership and subscription of online education portals is increasing day by day because of unlimited sources of learning which is making quality education accessible for those who cannot go for regular courses.
Online education in India is in its initial stage and despite its tremendous benefits, there is only one challenge. All online courses and training programs must be reviewed and evaluated frequently to maintain quality and relevancy. Changes in market, new technological and economic trends propel executives and professionals to upgrade their skills and knowledge to stay ahead of their competition. So, in order to boost their career graph working professionals need to take up executive education online or offline.
However, online education for technical courses is yet to gear up because of various reasons like difficulty in getting quality content, insufficient awareness, value-based learning etc. According to Aditi Awasthi CEO of EMBIBE, it is important to determine the challenges in providing technical online education. Other top leaders have also laid emphasis on the evaluation of problems faced in establishing an online education forum.
Various top universities and institutions have adopted the online learning methodologies and have come up with some of the best executive education programs pertaining to the specialized fields like strategy management, finance, marketing, project management, quality and their specializations such as executive leadership programs. Business schools keep a separate quota of online certification programs and the training is given by only the best professionals and industry experts. These executive courses prove as value addition in an individual’s career and development.
With correct educational strategies and approach, undoubtedly India will become a pioneer in online certification courses and best in executive education.