From WannaCry to Petya, the year 2017 has been a year of ransomware attacks. They created havoc in many organizations across many countries. While the threat of cyber attacks can’t be completely eliminated, you can at least minimize the risk.
Check out this ultimate guide to make sure your business has the right cybersecurity arrangements.
What are the Types of Attacks?
You would be surprised by the variety of cyber threats that are looming on your website.
- Ransomware – It holds your computer and data to ransom. Unless you pay the hackers, they won’t release it.
- Ghostware – It is a type of malware that creeps into your systems without leaving any tracks. It may be too late before you find it out.
- DDoS – Known as Denial of Service, this type of attack that leads to shutting down of websites for hours and weeks.
- Worms– It is malicious software which spreads from one computer network to another like a virus.
- Trojan Horse – It is software which you may find useful to download, only to realize later that it is malicious.
- Blastware – It can completely infect and destroy your system as soon as it attacks.
How do Attacks happen?
- Usually, hackers are continuously scouring the internet to find out which websites are vulnerable to attacks.
- If you are using systems which are not security protected or does not have a secure internet connection, it may lead to an attack.
- A spear-phishing email is also one of the primary originators of the attack. Usually, an internet user receives a fake email claiming it to be from an organization such as a bank/insurance company/e-commerce site, a friend or a known person. It looks so legitimate that users are tempted to click on the URL or an attachment it contains. The moment user clicks, the malicious software gets installed on the system.
How to Implement a Cyber Security Plan?
- First of all, you need to hire cybersecurity Larger organizations to tend to have a full-fledged team because stakes are quite high. You need to make sure that people you hire to hold cybersecurity certifications.
- Then, assess the cyber risk that the business is prone to. Take a look at which data is sensitive, what controls and approvals are in place and what security measures already exist.
- Implement cybersecurity tools and techniques that could make the business secure on all fronts as the requirements may be. Always keep the back of data.
- The business should encourage the IT team to take cybersecurity course or training to stay updated with the latest happenings in the field.
Cyber security ensures that you can prevent the attacks instead of curing it. Enrol into the Certified Cyber Security Course with IIIT Bangalore and build yourself a successful career in Cyber Security. Fill in your details and we will call you back at the earliest with more information on the course.