This course introduces the concept of big data and how it can help business drive decisions, innovation and productivity. This course will help students to gain an understanding of how managers use big data analytics to draw insights, formulate and solve business problems and to support managerial decision making. They will also learn how to use and apply selected data analytics software. This course will benefit students who plan careers in analytics, targeted marketing, predictive modelling and strategic consulting. During the course, students will work on small projects in the area of data mining and data visualization and gain hands on experience. This course is a beginner level course designed for professionals who want to enter the domain of Big Data and Analytics.
Certificate of Completion from SPJIMR
Opportunity to earn Certificate of Completion from SPJIMR, Top 5 ranked B schools in India.
Hands-on exposure to tools
Hands on practical exposure to Data Mining and Data Visualization tools.
Lectures by eminent faculty from SPJIMR
Lectures imparted by eminent faculty from SPJIMR. Guest lectures by Industry experts to provide practical insights into real life challenges.
Course designed by SPJIMR
Course content and structure designed by SPJIMR.
RightCareerEdge by Right Management
Upon payment of an additional fee, avail personalized career advancement services including job search support from Right Management (a ManpowerGroup company).
- Graduates and Working Professionals who are aspiring to make a career in Big Data Analytics
- Business and Data Analysts who want to sharpen their analytical skills
- Department Heads and other senior managers who want to use the analytics output to improve their decision making
- Marketing Managers seeking to reach intended audience through better analytics
- For Indian Residents:
- Rs 40,000+ taxes
- For International Students
- USD 900
- Date of Course Commencement: 7 Jul 2018
- Duration of the Course: 04 Months
- Schedule of Classes: 2.5 hours every Saturday from 10.30 a.m. to 01.00 p.m. IST
- For Indian Participants – Graduates (10+2+3) from a recognized university (UGC/AICTE/DEC/AIU/State Government) in any discipline.
- For International Participants – Graduation or equivalent degree from any recognized University or Institution in their respective country.
- Working knowledge of RDBMS preferred.
Talentedge is an Ed-Tech firm. We are the first to bring ‘Live & Interactive’ anywhere learning in digital format. Talentedge offers exclusive courses jointly with world leading institutes and corporates. Our ability to recreate classroom type interactions in the virtual world has struck a chord with over 3, 00,000 individuals and corporate learners, facilitating a social collaborative learning experience in digital space. We enable working professionals to plan their future course of action and fast track their careers. Talentedge is changing the way India learns. Talentedge is one of the first Ed-Tech organizations to be credited with an ISO: 9001-2008 certification.
- Introduction to Analytics and the need for Big Data Analytics
- What is Big Data – Introduction, sources, storage and retrieval management
- When is an organization ready for Big Data Analytics?
- Assessing the maturity for Big Data Analytics
- Big Data and Enterprise Master Data Management
- Big Data Governance
- Data Mining for Business – various techniques and relevant use cases
- Hadoop and its ecosystem for Big data – Concepts and Demo
- What is Hadoop?
- The Hadoop Distributed File System
- How MapReduce Works
- Anatomy of a Hadoop Cluster
- Motivation for Hadoop: Requirements for a new approach
- Comparing Hadoop Vs. Traditional systems
- Hadoop Solutions – Big Picture
- NoSQL Databases
- Hadoop ecosystem
- Understanding Text analytics, Sentiment analysis and social network analysis using case studies and hands on exercises using tools
- Using Big Data for decision making, innovation and increasing productivity across functions like marketing, supply chain and operations and finance.
- Understanding Impact of Big Data Analytics on business performance using case studies
- Big Data solutions and challenges on Cloud
- Big Data Visualization using Tableau
About Right Management
Right Management is the global career and talent development expert within ManpowerGroup (NYSE: MAN). We help organizations become more agile, attractive and innovative by creating a culture of career management and learning that nurtures future talent, motivates and engages people, and provides individuals with opportunities to increase their value throughout their careers. We improve time to value through our expertise in organizational effectiveness, career management and individual development. Our approach is centered on the fact that organizations thrive when individuals are successful in their careers. We’ve spent the last 35 years identifying workforce challenges and developing innovative solutions, enabling our globally informed methods to be time-tested across more than 50 countries. For further information, please visit – www.rightmanagement.co.in
Prof. Aditi S. Divatia
She teaches courses around Data Structures, Management Information Systems, Systems Design and Object Oriented Analysis, Software Engineering, Database Management Systems, Object Oriented Analysis and more.