The pace of technology demands change of pace of careers. More importantly, it demands a regular skill upgrade. 2017 has been the year of big data, analytics, AI, NLP and machine learning. Things that were never thought possible have become a reality. Job functions have seen changes to match up with technology and times. Older skills became increasingly obsolete in 2019. Professionals, as well as those starting out their careers, have had to look at courses that make them more relevant to the current job market. Below are 12 courses that changed people’s career for the better in 2019:
- Ethical Hacking: With the hacking of Uber and Zomato’ s data in 2019, the scare of data privacy has forced enterprises to find innovative solutions. One such solution is to deploy ethical hackers who understand the hacking game and can locate bugs in harmless looking programs much before they can actually cause harm or breach. People who had done an ethical hacking course were therefore much in demand in 2019. People with a certain degree of skill can make decent money in this career.
- Graphic design: With more AI and data analytics coming in, new conversational user interfaces were required to be developed. People with a graphic design course had a year in the field in 2019. The trend will be up in 2020 as well with more UI changes needed across the globe. For people with an interest in design, a graphic design course will lead to better job opportunities in 2020.
- Advanced SEO: The online world is data based and is run through search engine optimization. Navigation to a website of your requirement is dependent on the SEO of the concerned website. Thus, companies looking to enhance their businesses spent a lot of money on advanced SEO and people with a course in advanced SEO had better opportunities in 2019. The rush for advanced search engine optimization also increased in view of big data and advanced analytics tools.
- Internet marketing: We are living in a virtual economy and this trend was on a high in 2019. Though the trend will grow from strength-to-strength in the coming years, 2019 saw employers looking for people with the latest internet marketing skills. Hence, for those in marketing, doing an internet marketing course proved beneficial. More marketing graduates must look to complete an internet marketing course for better career opportunities in future.
- Email marketing: With tons of emails filling spam boxes, the need to craft personalized emails became even more crucial. The year 2019 saw employment opportunities for people with specific skills in email marketing. People have small time windows before they delete your email. It requires a catchy but realistic subject line and a short but relevant message for the reader to click on your emailers.
- High impact business writing: Writing as a career is difficult to break into, especially where business writing is concerned. Businesses require effective writing in B2B as well as B2C scenarios. Internal communication must also be crafted to precision and this has never been more important than now in the era of data and insights. 2019 saw a lot of job opportunities and successful career changes for people with course certification and skills in high impact business writing.
- Language courses: The world is now a global workspace with companies offering jobs to people sitting in remote areas. Technology has enabled remote working capabilities and provided companies.