HR leaders believe that hiring and developing people is most important. Outstanding HR leaders bet on people and not on strategies. Exceptional HR leaders have integrity and basic instincts to care about people. Their motto is to keep the interests of the employees first. Online HR management courses develop emotional intelligence in HR professionals and also inculcate compassionate policymaking.
HR leaders of an organization can be pivotal for driving growth and accomplishing strategic objectives in their application to the human resource function. XLRI HR management certification provides future business executives with a broad base of business knowledge coupled with specific human resource expertise. Individuals who want to acquire advanced knowledge and skills in finance, procurement, and information technology can enroll in Online HR management courses.
Top HR Trends to Watch in 2020
- Holistic HR
- HR is sliding to a more comprehensive approach by using the latest technologies and being human-centric.
- Value addition to all stakeholders and not just confined to management.
- Integrating instincts and thorough analytics
- Work-oriented and reflective of methods used in making decisions.
2. Decreased Focus on Process Improvement
- Old processes are getting redesigned and the introduction of new tools in organizations focusing on restructuring solutions to get employees along in the decision making process.
- Realistic employee-centric solutions are being researched upon and launched on a pilot basis in certain strategic divisions of the organizations
3. Worker Wellbeing is the Topmost Priority
- The enormous disruption of jobs due to automation is creating great consternation among the workforce.
- Worker wellbeing is being evaluated through mental, spiritual, and emotional lenses. Identification of specific practices that create tangible well being was identified and the need to develop resilience was stressed upon by HR workshops.
4. Stay Prepared for the Blended Workforce of humans and bots
- Top companies like Oracle have more than 50% of the workers use different forms of AI at work.
- Learning how to orient, engage, develop, and wok side by side with a bot will be the latest skillset in the digital arsenal of 2020.
5. Adopt Work-Life Balance as the Norm
- Employees are working more than ever and having a clear distinction between the spheres of work and life should be given. Employee burnout is widely being recognized as an employment phenomenon in 2020.
- HR leaders will endeavor to implement healthy boundaries for their employees. Organizations will evolve consistent policy formulations around work hours and conducting increased one-on-one check-ins with HR management. Organizations will strive to avoid the negative consequence of burning out at work.
Modern trends in HR leadership are focusing on building Ethical AI. The latest trend in HR management is to consider the use of soft skills to act as a replacement for power skills in 2020. Emphasis was placed on auditing the workplace environment for creating a healthy workplace which includes fitness centers, meditation rooms and even standing desks.