An advanced financial management course introduces you to the techniques and tools of advanced financial management. The emphasis is on business for both profit and nonprofit organizations. It is an ideal resource for managing all the financial aspects of a corporation where corporate is given to the latest financial tools, practices, and trends.
To understand the components of advanced financial management better, let us take the example of the Executive Development Program in Advanced Financial Management offered by XLRI Jamshedpur on the Talentedge platform.
The advanced financial management course from XLRI has been specially designed for working professionals in the corporate finance domain. It gives an understanding of advanced concepts and techniques required to solve complex financial challenges in an organization. It is structured to expose the learners to factors affecting financial performance, risk minimization strategies, modes of capital management, and guiding principles on investment decisions.
Who should attend?
Finance professionals are ideally suited to attend this course. The eligibility for participants is graduation in any discipline with a minimum of 4 years of work experience in finance. This 5.5-month courses’ pedagogy comprises of lectures, case discussions, and analytical exercises. Industry experts provide practical insights through guest lectures.
The ultimate aim of the syllabus is applying skills, relevant knowledge, and exercise professional judgment as expected of a senior financial executive or advisor, in recommending or making decisions related to the financial management of a business in private and public sectors. The details of the syllabus are as follows:
- Analysis of financial performance
- Risk and return analysis
- Financial structure and funding choices
- Evaluating capital investment and project financing decisions
- Working Capital Management
- Risk evaluation and mitigation in capital investment decisions
- Corporate and financial restructuring
- Financial budgeting
- Corporate finance aspects for international business
- Responsibility center management and transfer pricing decisions
What a course in advanced financial management should give you?
There are several online certification courses on offer. It would be advisable to choose one that would cover all the relevant components of an advanced financial management course as this course is one level higher than a financial management course and more suited for middle management and senior management to advance their careers. The course should enable you to :
- Evaluate the role and responsibility of a senior financial executive or advisor in addressing the conflicting needs of stakeholders.
- Recognize the role of International Financial Institutions in the financial management of multinational
- Assess and evaluate potential investment decisions and their financial and strategic consequences
- Plan and assess acquisitions and mergers as an alternative growth strategy
- Evaluate and apply alternative advanced treasury and risk management techniques.
You should be able to see the practical side of advanced concepts in financial management and prepare yourself for the next step in your career on the successful completion of an advanced financial management course.