Being aware of the general business concepts makes you suitable for roles in the wide corporate world. But having an in-depth understanding of the core business principles and concepts will give you the edge and big competitive advantage over others. There are many online business courses in India that you can choose from which will give you comprehensive insights on these. Undergoing the best business management course and applying them into your work situations are great ways to take absorb everything that you learn about business concepts. Apart from the courses, there are other methods of gaining knowledge in this space as well.
- Online courses – There are many courses that exist in the market today. As a practitioner, you need to research those, and then assess which one is the best fit for you. These courses can give you great insights as well as deepen your knowledge base about how businesses operate, the theories that are applied in real-life, the concepts that define each process and so on. The online courses also provide you with case studies and evaluations to assess your ability to grasp and then apply the actual concept.
- Virtual networking communities – There are many discussion boards or forums on platforms like LinkedIn, or even groups on social media sites like Facebook, where you can connect with a set of individuals virtually. It will help you discuss the concepts with them or even get to know of new business concepts that are being used. These communities operate like micro –level centres of excellence which you can learn from.
- Blogs and websites – When you put some keywords related to business into a search engine, the most likely links to show up will be those that are from the blogs and websites that contain articles or thought pieces on that topic. By making a list or set of the best ones to follow in order to learn about business concepts that are essential, you can actually self-learn in a much better and more structured manner. Also, spend time looking up for the top listed ones. For example, an HR person will need to lookup information on the top HR blogs to follow. Some of these lists are shared through platforms like Twitter as well. You can follow these, or even free online learning sites to be able to gain expertise.
- Thought leaders – There are many thought leaders who share their views or interpretation of key business concepts. Learning from them is also a great way to understand business. You can connect with them virtually as well to get more clarity and a better understanding of those concepts. These could be path-breaking global leaders or transformational local leaders too. The idea is to realize that their style of doing business or the concepts they speak about, are relevant for you and your learning process. That is what matters.
- Books – There is a range of books on the different subjects that follow under business concepts. Some of those are available in e-book formats as well. Preparing a list for yourself and going through the ones that you think will increase your knowledge and expertise, is a good way to become aware and improve your theoretical and conceptual know-how.
- Webinars and MOOCs– There are regular webinars, some free and some paid ones, on core business principles. You can register for any of those and start or sustain your learning journey in this area. A lot of millennials also depend on MOOCs to learn more about such concepts since it gives them the flexibility to learn at one’s pace, without compromising on the depth.
- Seminars and Conferences – A variety of business seminars and conferences are now taking place in order to get business professionals to upskill themselves. Such events offer the unique opportunity to learn from experts, as well as, from one’s peers who are attending the conference as well. Most of these are paid events but they give you a bigger view of the corporate arena. They also help to expand your vision of how you think of business in general. Attending the right set of seminars and conferences can truly help you develop your understanding because of the sessions and speakers they have.
- Experience – Seek out projects in your current organization which allow you to apply for your learning. Experience is the best teacher and most effective way to internalize your learning. So focus on becoming part of assignments or initiatives even if they seem challenging, to be able to learn on-the-job. Business concepts only make sense if they can be linked to real-life corporate situations. Ensuring that you get adequate exposure to those is one way to do that.
These are some major ways in which to develop a deep understanding of the essential business concepts. The list above can have several sub-sections depending on what applies to your specific situation and industry segment because while most business concepts are generic, some of them need to be customized to your sector too.