Are you one of those organizations that are sceptical about the true impact that digital marketing has on consumers? Or are you in that space where you realize the importance of it and are looking to understand how to use it optimally? For either of these or even both, do check out a good online digital marketing certification to get your knowledge on this aspect updated. It is important to be aware of this trend and how it affects your business.
Here are some major implications of it on customer perception towards digital marketing. Let us take a look at them.
- Brand Creation – Digital marketing has the potential to create a brand. That would mean all aspects of it, whether it is awareness, the values it stands for, the loyalty and overall image. Depending on how you use the digital media you can actually create a very powerful brand, which has a high degree of recall in the minds of the consumers. That is how consumer perception is impacted at the first level. It then shifts to the way the brand is positioned through what its social media platforms share or how the messages to the consumers are passed on. All consumers currently are more tech-savvy than they have been in the past decades. Their connection to the brand comes from their online interaction. And that drives their perception. A brand that focuses on making sure that its social media and digital platforms share messages which resonate with the consumers, is what creates the right perception.
- Business Vision – While consumers are not part of the organization, they are always keen to know what the organization’s vision is or how it’s business strategy will enfold. This is part of the overall brand image and linked to their belief in the organization, as well as its products or services. Digital marketing is an excellent tool to share the business vision, product launches, new growth plans, the future trajectory and so on, with the consumers. It allows the consumers to become a part of the organization in a virtual manner, and the consumer perceives himself or herself to be associated with the business. In some form, the consumer feels a part of the overall success of the organization.
- Communication – When you use the digital media effectively for marketing, you send the message out about the quality of your communication. You also demonstrate how you are effectively using technology to connect with those who matter – your consumers and end-users. Or even potential clients. Consumers see your organization as one which is future-focused and also serious about reaching out to its clients when they see your digital marketing approach. They become aware of the efforts and investment you are putting in, to ensure that the consumers know about the work that it does. They realize that the organization will go the extra mile to get the right messages across to them.
- Information sharing and Complaint Resolution– When a consumer decides to purchase your product or even review the benefits of your service, he or she starts checking all your business pages on the internet, your social media channels, your official website, reviewer sites and even any community groups which might have feedback. Some consumers might even register a query or complaint through your digital media platforms. If you are active on that front, you will be able to manage it in a timely manner and ensure that your consumer perceives you as efficient as well as an organization that values its clients. The perception of your consumer service levels is impacted significantly by this. There are many instances of large as well as small organizations of having used this approach to resolve consumer issues, and effectively at that.
- Customer Engagement – Do you want to run a contest or a quiz about your products? Do you want to do a trial or a pilot test of a new service? Anything that involves, excites and engages customers can be done better with the digital media because it allows you to interact with the consumer. And customers love that kind of engagement. It gives them an opportunity to try out something new and a chance to win or gain something from that exchange. Existing and potential consumers can see the kind of thought process that goes behind such an initiative and that adds to their perception of the brand or organization’s image.
That is the power of digital marketing in terms of the perception it creates in the minds of consumers. Consumers can be located in any part of the world. They can belong to any gender, colour, age or income bracket. Digital marketing and how it is used can make an impact on an individual’s mind through the way it tells the story of the organization. Consumer perception is a fickle thing – if there is a consistent digital marketing strategy, it can ensure that the right perception is created and retained.
Learn to build successful digital marketing strategies by enrolling into digital marketing certification programs. Specialised education has often helped professionals with early success in their career, even more so when it is from a reputed institute. Improve your chances of building a successful career in Digital Marketing, sign up for an online digital marketing course today.