Human Resource Management
Nothing we do is more essential than hiring people. At the end of the day, you depend on people, not strategies. This thought is the quintessential idea behind the significant functionality of Human Resource Management in today’s corporate sector. Recruiting the right people is a monumental task that requires vast interpersonal skills and intellectual dexterity. HR online courses equip HR professionals with peer interaction, people management and make their position in the company replete with job security. XLRI Online certified HR management course aims at providing knowledge to HR managers to maintain optimal employee relations and measuring the efficacy of talent management.
In Performance management, before you win in the market place, you should first win in the workplace. Performance management is a perennial process of communication between a supervisor and a subordinate. XLRI Online certified HR management courses seek to continuously measure, identify, and develop the performance of the workforce by devising new methodologies to elevate employee performance. Clarifying expectations and identifying goals are taught in HR online courses from reputed e-learning platforms.
The seminal differences between Performance Management and HR Management lie in their orientation, scope, and treatment of manpower concerning organizational procedures and directives.
- The scope of performance management is limited where workers are regarded as tools. The behaviour of workers can be manipulated according to the organisation’s core needs and they’re replaced when their job is done. On the contrary, HR Management considers employees as valuable assets to the organization. Promotion of mutuality in terms of goals, reward, responsibility is the top-level hallmark attribute of HR management.
- Manpower is treated as machines or tools in Performance management. HR Management considers man/women power as valuable assets to the organization.
- Performance management has routine functions like planning and monitoring. HR management deals with the strategic aspects of the organization’s working such as recruiting, screening, conducting interviews, and also assimilates itself into the overall organizational strategy to attain ascendancy in organizational objectives.
- The basis of remuneration in performance management is job evaluation. In the case of HR management, performance evaluation of employees with its subtle layers of efficiency and productivity in different business sectors are considered for remuneration.
- Labour management in performance management consists of collective bargaining. HR Management deals with individual contracts for employees, the rationale being that each employee is considered as a special asset with differentiated levels of talent and assigned responsibilities.
Human Resource Management has come up with certain improvements over Performance management thus resulting in the eradication of certain shortcomings in Performance management. In this age of intense competition, the organization must prioritize manpower and place their needs at the apex of the company’s core objectives. Human Resource Management has played a pivotal role in eliminating the practice of treating employees as machines. HR Management has taken massive strides in the art of business management to bring synergy between the organization and its employees for working towards a common purpose.