With the fast month of 2019 already behind us, we are looking forward to a breezy 2019. All things digital have been on the rise in 2018, especially with the increased use of AI, machine learning and data analytics. As consumers become more digital, they demand an integrated experience. Have a look at the Latest Trends in Digital Marketing 2019:
- Integration of Augmented Reality through social media: It is the era of information and technology where our mobile devices are becoming more feature enabled. With enhanced mobile devices and better integration of mobile apps with AR, the likelihood of companies utilizing AR to engage with their customers will increase. Social media giants like Facebook and Twitter may likely introduce AR to their platforms to be used with mobile devices.
- The fall of the digital influencers: While brands pay their influencers for marketing their products through their social media profiles until now they have not been measuring the impact. With better data analytics tools at their disposal, more brands are likely to measure the impact of the influencers. This will result in the brands keeping only the ones that are actually influencing the market and get rid of others.
- Customer journey mapping: This trend has already emerged in 2018 but will see more takers in 2019. While with data collection software and tools companies have been gathering and analysing customer data, they will now use enhanced data analytics tools to actually create customer journey maps. Digital marketing would comprise of touching the customer as per their different needs on this journey.
- Targeted goal-based ads: 2019 will see specificity in mobile and desktop ads. The user attention span on these devices is short and thus, the ads would be goal-based and specific. They will elicit a specific action from the customer. The likelihood of such mobile ads to grow much higher is immense for 2019.
- Professional Live Videos: Videos have been on trend for many years now. However, 2018 saw an emerging trend, that of live videos. More professionals and brands are now likely to promote themselves through Live videos. The trend will also see a rise as more social media platforms apart from Facebook provide the live video streaming option. This is a great way for brands to connect with their consumers.
- User interfaces that talk: Chatbots and conversational interfaces such as Amazon Alexa, Google Assistant have become popular in 2018. More companies are likely to use this as a digital marketing route to connect with their customers who already connect with these conversational interfaces.
- Personalization of emails and digital ads: Email blasts sent by marketers are impersonal and so are regular online ads. Companies will now have to work to achieve a high degree of personalization by utilizing data analytics insights from customer purchase patterns and other online behaviour.
- Native advertising: Brands and companies with a vision to expand their reach and customer base must incorporate native advertising as part of their digital marketing strategy in 2019. With more digital reach, it is only suitable for brands to leverage digital expansion across the globe. Using native language in digital ads will increase customer engagement and possible online sales.
- The demand for video-on-demand: Great video content has always been loved and instantly viral on social media platforms by the public. So too in 2019. Videos on social media platforms will have high customer engagement in 2019. Digital marketing teams can experiment with different kinds of videos such as live streams and 360-degree videos.
- Integration of digital with offline: Yes, the global economy is becoming virtual but people are still real. Hence, seamless integration of digital campaigns with offline campaigns will become more common in 2019. Digital marketers will have to provide experiences to their customers which start online and culminate in real-life events which they can remember.
- Voice marketing: Another trend to watch out for in 2019 would be voice marketing. Just as people are getting acquainted with Alexa and Cortana, they are using more voice searches. They are now looking for insight from these AI-based systems. With the voice search trend on the upward curve, marketers must create campaigns or content to match these searches.
- Social media stories: Brands tell stories because people love stories. People love stories from when they are little kids and they also love to watch stories. The trend of telling their story online, in any form – written, pictorial or video would be high in 2019. This trend will rise as more media platforms such as Instagram (Instagram Stories) and YouTube (YouTube stories format) come up with story promotion idea.
Digital marketing certification programs would be of great help in 2019 for marketers and non-marketers alike. Build yourself a lasting career in this lucrative domain by enrolling into a digital marketing certification course from a reputed institute and give your resume the push it needs.