A research report in the World Economic Forum estimated that 60 percent of children enrolled in primary schools will enter into occupations that do not exist presently. In today’s globalized world, learning soft skills is critical to adapt oneself to new work environments and be aware of new trends.
EdTech Industry in India
- Education in India has slowly shifted to the digital realm with the ascent of the EdTech (education technology) Industry. EdTech has spread its scope past schools and college education content.
- The present focus is on the creation of digital libraries and customized course content for cutting edge technological courses through the introduction of online professional certificate programs.
- Private equity and Venture Capital investments in the Indian EdTech sector reached $1 billion figure in 2020.
Top Job Profiles in EdTech Space
- Edtech industry needs a lot of skilled people to join them and leverage new business opportunities. People who have undergone online professional certificate programs bring innovative ideas and they help build a great company. There are hundreds of jobs available for UX Designers, Cloud Experts, and Data Scientists.
- Online professional certificate programs, higher education online certificate programs, and casual learning are the main drivers that are leading to the enormous growth of education technology in India.
The following are the 3 central reasons as to why India will become an EdTech powerhouse in the 21st century.
E-learning Boost Combined with Digital India Initiative
- With an objective to transform India into a digitally empowered society, the government launched its prestigious Digital India Initiative. The Education sector was revolutionized with the boundless opportunities of e-learning.
- Robust infrastructural facilities like broadband and Wi-Fi are enabling schools and universities to push digital literacy programs for freshmen and experienced professionals. EdTech companies utilized this revolutionary paradigm to introduce state of the art online professional certificate programs in the fields of Management and Big Data Analytics.
Huge User Base for mobile Devices
- With over 900 million mobile phone subscribers in India, smartphones and Tablets have become the classrooms of tomorrow. The current user base for online learning is increasing exponentially with school students and working professionals forming a major chunk of it.
- Mid and Senior-level executives are realizing the potential of EdTech learning to sharpen their existing skills and learn new technologies by enrolling in online certification programs.
Low-Cost substitute for Offline Learning
EdTech offers an excellent way to integrate high level, open-ended, and engaging reading activities into any classroom. The EdTech technology does not only diminish the quality of education but also makes it affordable to the vast multitudes of learners with limited financial means. Online certification programs are valued to be 54% cheaper compared to traditional alternatives.
Edtech Industry creates a knowledge-driven society in a country where the biggest population demography lies between the ages of 17 and 35. By accessing online certification programs, students and working professionals are able to assimilate independence in their learning process.