- 2.5 quintillion bytes of data is generated every day – Forbes
- 90 per cent of the data in the world was generated over the last two years alone
- As per a report by McKinsey, the corporations of the world need 1.5 million qualified business analysts to profitably analyse this data
With the advent of information technology, availability of data is no longer a problem. We’re adding to the data stockpile every time we turn to our search engines for answers. Business Analytics is about working with such unstructured data to converting it into a meaningful interpretation which helps in making better management decisions. In order to cater to the needs of the current market, XLRI has launched a new certification course.
XLRI’s Post Graduate Certificate in Business Analytics is a 1-year course which provides the perfect base for professionals to master the art of analytics. The course focuses on providing an in-depth knowledge of business analysis techniques and frameworks and their application in business decisions. The scope of business analytics can be broken into three main areas; Descriptive analytics, Predictive analytics and Prescriptive analytics. In a nutshell, it is the simultaneous application of statistics, computer programming and operations research to achieve the required outcome.
This course is specifically designed to:
- Help analytics professionals gain in-depth knowledge in various areas of analytics and gain managerial insights through data analysis
- Transform analytics professionals into exceptional, cross-functional leaders who integrate all disciplines to achieve the organisation’s strategic goals with the help of advanced analytics
- Help face challenges and complexities in analytics field, thereby equipping those working in analytics field with the necessary skill-sets to adopt an appropriate course of action