Dr Sesha Iyer
B.Sc(Engg); M.Tech; FICWA; Ph.D
SPJIMR (Formerly SP Jain Institute of Management and Research)
Dr.R.Sesha Iyer is Professor at SPJIMR in the Operations & Supply Chain Management Area. He has been with SPJIMR since 2006. He was the Director of SPJIMR from 2007 to 2015.
Iyer’s academic background is:-
1. B.Sc (Engg.) Mechanical, First Rank in the University (Kerala)
2. M.Tech (Mechanical Production Engg.), First Rank in the University (Cochin)
3. Ph.D in Operations Management from the University of Mumbai
4. FCMA of the Institute of Cost and Works Accountant of India
Dr.Iyer started his career in 1970 in Public Sector Undertaking HMT Limited and then in Kochin Refineries (now BPCL). After 14 years of corporate experience, he moved to academics and took charge as Principal of Fr.ConceiCao Rodrigues College of Engineering affiliated to the University of Mumbai, and has been heading the Institute from its inception.
Dr.Iyer joined SPJIMR in 2006 and has been teaching in all major programmes of SPJIMR-PGDM, PGPM, PG-EMP, GMP and has also been a visiting faculty in many prestigious institutes.
He has conducted a number of corporate training programmes.
His area of specialization are:-
1. Quantitative Techniques
2. Operations Research (Decision Science)
3. Manufacturing, Planning & Control
4. Supply Chain Management
5. Business Ethics
He has been a speaker/panelist in national / international conferences in Management education.