Working in HR is both challenging and rewarding. The HR domain is evolving, with the focus shifting from just the administrative duties to providing strategic input and having a seat at the management table.
HR specialists and leaders need to understand business strategy so that they can help drive business success by engaging employees and by helping them develop and adapt in a constantly changing work environment.
This program in Human Resource (HR)Management has been specifically designed to help participants develop technical HR expertise and leverage it through key behavioral competencies. Upon completion of this program, participants are expected to be able to:
- Apply Human Resource (HR) Management to support organizational development
- Apply appropriate methodologies to employee training and development
- Develop and implement a talent acquisition strategy
- Enhance employee engagement levels
- Map appropriate compensation systems to organizational goals
- Develop and determine relevant KPIs
- Identify key leadership skills for HR Business Partners
- Realign HR strategy that helps achieve organizational strategy
Get Dual Certificates from IIM Shillong and SHRM
On successful completion of the course, participants will earn Certificate of Completion from IIM Shillong & Certificate of Participation from SHRM
Course Based on SHRM’s Knowledge Framework
Learn about the current trends and skills required in HR areas basis knowledge framework offered by SHRM, the largest global body of HR professionals
Learn Globally Relevant aspects of HR
Comprehend contemporary and globally relevant aspects of HR, critical to today’s workplace and environment
Exposure to Critical and Practical HR Skills
Learn about working through a succession planning model, apply motivation techniques, create an HR strategy implementation plan, diagnosing organization’s maturity level in terms of HR analytics etc.
Option to Visit Campus
Opportunity to visit IIM Shillong Campus for program conclusion and Valedictory function
Executive Alumni Status
Opportunity to gain Executive Alumni status of IIM Shillong
Earn PDC’s towards SHRM Recertification
Earn up to 40 Professional Development Credits (PDCs) toward SHRM-CP and SHRM-SCP recertification
Practical Approach to Learning
Benefit from practical case study based learnings, concept implementation strategies and peer to peer interactions
Who should attend
- For Indian Participants – Graduates from a recognized university (UGC/AICTE/DEC/AIU/State Government) in any discipline
- For International Participants – Graduation or equivalent degree from any recognized University or Institution in their respective country
- Proficiency in English, spoken and written, is mandatory
- Minimum of 1 year of relevant work experience
Dr. Rohit Dwivedi
Dr. Rohit teaches Organizational Behavior and Human Resources. His interest is in Consulting and Understanding Psychopathology of Organizations Memetic Analysis of Narratives; Organizational Change and Corporate Social Responsibility; Social Change and Development.
Dr. Ashutosh Murti
Dr. Ashutosh holds Master of Philosophy and Doctor of Philosophy from School of Management and Labour Studies, Tata Institute of Social Sciences, Mumbai, and has more than 10 years of experience in Teaching, Consulting, Management Development Programme and Research. Prior to joining IIM Shillong, he was working with Administrative Staff College of India, Hyderabad, and Tata Institute of Social Sciences as Assistant Professor. His areas of interest and research include -Personnel Economics, Human Resource Management, Labour Market, Skill Gap and Employability.
Dr. Ridhi Arora
Dr. Ridhi has earned her doctorate degree (Ph.D.) in Management (OB/HRM) from the Department of Management Studies at the Indian Institute of Technology Roorkee, India. With more than 5 years’ teaching and research experience across various reputed academic institutions including IIM Amritsar, Bennett University and LM Thapar School of Management (Thapar University), she teaches courses on Human Resource Management, Organizational Behavior, Performance Management, and Negotiation at PGP/ MBA level. Her research interests include personality dynamics, mentoring & career relationships, organizational design & restructuring, and entrepreneurship.
Dr. P. Murugan
P. Murugan is an Assistant Professor at Indian Institute of Management, Shillong. Previously he was with University of Hyderabad (UoH), Hyderabad, Australian Council for Educational Research, New Delhi, and National Institute of Technology, Tiruchirappalli. He has a passion for Research and he has been a resource person for more than 190 workshops and FDP programs held at many universities and B-Schools in India (e.g., Anna University-Chennai, IIT Bombay, SPJIMR-Mumbai, NIT-Trichy).
Dr. Shibashis Mukherjee
Dr. Shibashis is an Assistant Professor at Indian Institute of Management, Shillong. Previously he was with Indian Institute of Management, Bangalore. He has earned his doctorate degree (Ph.D.) in Management from Indiana University, Bloomington, USA. His research examines forces that provide stability and drive changes within organizations.
Why Virtual Learning
Live & Interactive Digital Learning
Live tutored classes - No recorded sessions.
Scheduled classes at convenient timings for working professionals.
Live tech support
In session tech support on chat and call for immediate support.
Classroom based learning
Interactive in session peer to peer and with faculty discussions for in-depth learning against isolated learning of recorded sessions.
AI & ML Powered Mobile platform enabled
Seamless learning on all screens; desktop, laptop, tabs & mobiles through app and browsers.
One on one interactions
All classes are delivered live by the eminent faculty encouraging interactive discussions and query resolution
Dedicated Career Advancement Services Team
Leverage innovative strategies for high career growth from Right Management (a ManpowerGroup company)
The delivery would comprise a judicious mix of live virtual lectures, interactive audio-video discussions, case studies, in-class exercises, quizzes and experience sharing through peer discussions. Across different modules, participants may be encouraged to apply or relate their in-class learning to live situations at work. Peer learning, therefore, would be a key pillar of the process.
All enrolled students will also be provided access to our SLIQ Cloud Campus through which students may access other learning aids, reference materials, assessments, case studies, projects and assignments as appropriate. Throughout the duration of the course, students will have the flexibility to reach out to the professors, real time during the class or offline via our SLIQ Cloud Campus to raise questions and clear doubts.
Evaluation and Certificate
To get trained as an HR Manager it is imperative to accept the importance of self-learning. The program is so designed that it would require full participation and engagement of the students for all its components. A minimum of 70% attendance to the LIVE lectures is a prerequisite for the successful completion of this course. Participants delivering professionally completed module assignments and demonstrating active engagement and in-session contribution to peer learning and displaying an ability to translate into HR practice would deserve to successfully earn the Certificate of Completion. On the completion of the course, all participants will be eligible to receive a Certificate of Participation from SHRM.
IIM Shillong has been set up with a vision of expansion and mobilization of facilities for offering good quality management education and research in the North Eastern region of India. The decision of coming up with an Indian Institute of Management in the North East was unanimously taken by the Union Minister of Human Resource Development along with the Chief Ministers of the North Eastern States in the Review Meeting held at Shillong during June 2004. Shillong was drafted as the permanent location for the institute after consultation between the Ministry of Development of North Eastern Region (DONER) and the Chief Ministers of States of the region.
SHRM, the Society for Human Resource Management, creates better workplaces where employers and employees thrive together. As the voice of all things work, workers and the workplace, SHRM is the foremost expert, convener and thought leader on issues impacting today’s evolving workplaces. With 300,000+ HR and business executive members in 165 countries, SHRM impacts the lives of more than 115 million workers and families globally.
SHRM’s mission is to empower people and workplaces by advancing HR practices and by maximizing human potential. Having a strong presence in the US, Asia, EMEA & offices in India and UAE, SHRM offers Memberships, Global Certifications, HR Conferences, HR Training Programs, Advisory Solutions and Academic partnerships.
HR Management Course Syllabus from IIM Shillong
- Human Resource Development Strategic Connection
- Assessing Organizational Needs
- Learning Methodologies
- Career Development
- Leadership Development
- Talent & Organizational Connection
- Employment Branding
- Sourcing & Targeting
- Evaluation & Selection: Psychological Testing and Assessment
- Succession Planning
- Understanding the Need for Workforce Planning
- Determining Stakeholder Engagement
- Supply and Demand Analysis
- Gap and Solution Analysis
- Implementation and Evaluation
- Understanding Your Organization
- Employee Engagement
- Employee Relations
- Introduction to Compensation
- Legal Concepts that Impact Compensation
- Designing a New Compensation Structure
- Implementing, Administering, and Maintaining a Compensation System
- Compensation Communication
- Incentive Pay
- Compensation for M&A and International Assignments
- What to Measure and How to Collect Data
- Analyzing Data and Interpreting Results
- Modelling for HR
- Human Capital Maturity
- Performance Expectations for HR Business Partners
- Internal Consulting Skills
- Business Acumen
- Align Projects with Strategic Direction
- Leadership Skills for HR Business Partners
- Understanding Organizational Strategy in a Digital World
- Formulating an HR Strategy for Future
- Creating and Executing an HR Implementation Plan
|For Indian Residents||
INR 1,50,000 + GST
Payment Deadline: 23/09/2021
|For International Students||
Payment Deadline: 23/09/2021
Payment Option 1 - Loan
|Down Payment||INR 32,000
At the time of registration
|12 Month Interest free Loan||INR 1,45,000
Before start of the course
|1st Instalment||2nd Instalment||3rd Instalment||4th Instalment|
INR 35,000 + GST
Payment Deadline: 23/09/2021
INR 35,000 + GST
Payment Deadline: 15/12/2021
INR 40,000 + GST
Payment Deadline: 20/04/2022
INR 40,000 + GST
Payment Deadline: 20/08/2022
All applications for this course must be made through an Online Application Form.
In case the payment is being made online through Credit Card/Debit Card, please ensure that you have the Credit Card/Debit Card with you at the time of filling out the Application Form. If you have opted to pay the Application Fee/Instalments of the Fee through Demand Draft/Pay Orders, then please ensure that the Demand Draft/Pay Orders for the applicable amount is made favouring “Arrina Education Services Private Limited” payable at Mumbai and is sent to the address provided below along with the downloaded copy of your Application Form. Please ensure that you write your Name, Course Name and Contact number at the back of your Demand Draft/Pay Order.
All Demand Draft/Pay Orders along with a downloaded copy of your Application Form must be sent to.
Student Relationship Manager,
21, Institutional Area, Sector 32,
Gurgaon 122003, Haryana, INDIA.
The program fee is payable in instalments as per the instalment schedule provided. In the event of late payment of Instalment 1 or any other subsequent Instalments, a Late Fee is leviable as follows.
- A Late fee of Rs. 1000 + Tax will be charged to the Participant, if the instalment is paid within 7 days from the due date published on the instalment schedule.
- A Late fee of Rs. 2500 + Tax will be charged to the Participant, if the instalment is paid between 8 days from the due date to within 14 days from due date as published on the instalment schedule.
- If the Fee Instalment is not received within 14 days from the due date, then the Participant shall be considered a dropout and a Rejoining Fee of Rs. 5000 + tax will be charged to the Participant if the Participant wishes to continue with and complete the program and rejoining can be accommodated as per program guidelines.
Cancellation by the Participant
- Requests for refund of fees on account of cancellation of enrolment shall be considered only if such requests are received prior to closure of registration or 21 days before date of course commencement whichever is earlier.
- In event that such valid requests for refund of fees are received, the application money shall be refunded after deducting a penalty of Rs. 5000 and applicable taxes for Indian participants & USD 125 for foreign participants.
- In all other cases, no refund shall be made.
- A participant may opt for rescheduling to a later batch of the same program / another program of prior to commencement of the program. However, such intimation must be made by the participant at least fifteen days prior to the commencement of the program. The amounts paid by the participant shall be considered as advance payment towards the next batch / alternative program. Further, the participant shall have to pay an administrative charge of Rs.5000 plus applicable taxes (Indian participants) or USD 125 (foreign participants) for facilitating such rescheduling.
Cancellation by the Talentedge & Institute
Talentedge & the Institute, reserves the right to cancel courses at any time owing to reasons like insufficient enrolments, trainer indisposition or force majeure events. In the event that Talentedge or the Institute cancels a scheduled course, the student will receive full fee refund for the same. All refunds will be processed within 30 days of receipt of a valid refund request.
The Advanced Certificate in Managing Brands and Marketing Communication is designed, with an aim to provide students with a 360-degree view of various practical and applicable aspects of marketing and brand management. This includes understanding...