Automate and Optimize the Business Process with Up-scaled Analytical Skills
Do you deal with annual reports, financial ratios and marketing research based data in your work routine? Or do you aspire to master the art of analytics to manage the overflow of data around you? If these sound business to you, then Postgraduate Certificate in Business Analytics by XLRI which focuses on providing an in depth knowledge of business analysis which can be broken into three main areas; Descriptive analytics, Predictive analytics and Prescriptive analytics, is the right choice for you.
Gartner suggests - 70% of enterprise-level organizations invest in external data and 100% of these organizations are expected to make that investment by 2019, thus, making business analytics a quintessential component of every expert’s skillset.
11 Days on-campus component at XLRI
2 on-campus sessions at commencement and culmination of the course. Opportunity to attend and receive your certificate during the annual Graduation ceremony held at XLRI
Opportunity to select functional area of specialization
Specialize in a functional area of choice. Choose from electives in the areas of Marketing, Finance, HR or Operations and SCM
Hands-on learning with Python, R, MS Excel and Minitab
Get hands-on practical application exposure on popular tools like Python, R, MS Excel, Minitab etc
Opportunity to get Certificate of Completion & Alumni status by XLRI
Upon successful completion of the course, participants will get certificate of completion and alumni status from XLRI
In-depth learning of Text Mining, Machine Learning and Digital Media Analytics
Hands-on learning of leading concepts and techniques like Text Mining, Machine learning, Digital Media Analytics and many more
Classroom sessions from learning centers
Attend the lecture sessions from a learning center near you. Network in-person with other classmates from your city
Who should attend
- For Indian Participants – Bachelors in Engineering (10+2+4) or Graduates in Computers, Science, Commerce or Business (10+2+3) from a recognized university (UGC/AICTE/DEC/AIU/State Government).
- For International Participants – Graduation or equivalent degree from any recognized University or Institution in their respective country.
- Mathematics or Statistics as a subject in Class XII or Graduation with at least 50% marks.
- This course is entirely hands-on and so it is recommended, though not a necessity that students have two devices – one to follow the lecture, and the other for hands-on practice on Python and R (laptop/desktop). A system will be provided at the Learning Centre in your location. However, you may want to carry an additional device with you for the sessions to be able to do simultaneous hand on practice as well.
- Working knowledge of OR experience in at least 1 programming language.
- Participant selection into the course is based on an elaborate selection process including validation of academic performance and work experience, submission of a Statement of Purpose (SOP), and an online personal interview.
- Minimum 3 years of work experience as on Feb 2019.
Dr. Vijayaraghavan is a Professor in the area of Production, Operations Management and Decision Sciences Area & Information Systems at XLRI, Jamshedpur. He also serves as the Associate Dean (International and Corporate Programes) and Chairperson, Center for Logistics and Supply Chain Management at XLRI.
Prof. Pitabas Mohanty
Prof. Pitabas Mohanty is a Fellow of the Indian Institute of Management, Bangalore. He was a Senior Visiting Scholar at Stern School of Business, New York University in 2009-10. A Gold Medalist in MA (Applied Economics), he is also a Chartered Financial Analyst and a cost accountant.
Dr. Supriya Kumar De
Dr. Supriya Kumar De is a Professor in Production, Operations and Decision Sciences area. He has been associated with XLRI for over 15 years. Prior to joining XLRI he was associated with IDRBT for 26 months. He has authored papers in Journals like International Journal of Mechanical, Aerospace, Industrial and Mechatronics Engineering, International Journal of Intelligent Systems, International Journal of Computational Intelligence and Applications, Journal of Fuzzy Mathematics to name a few. He has presented papers 9TH International Conference on Knowledge-Based Intelligent Information & Engineering Systems, Australia; 7th International Conference on Enterprise Information Systems, Miami, USA and various other conferences.
Dr. Rajeev Sharma
Dr. Rajeev Sharma is a Professor in Information Systems and Strategic Management area. He has been associated with XLRI since the last 14 years. He has authored papers in International Journal of Organizational and Collective Intelligence, Journal of Case Research etc. He has presented papers in Conference on Virtuality and Virtualization, Portland, Oregon; International Conference on Management of Globally Distributed Work; Indian Institute of Management Bangalore, India; IFIP ISGLOB03 Athens, Greece and others.
Dr. Munish Kumar Thakur
Dr. Munish Thakur is a Professor in Strategic Management area. Prior to joining XLRI he has worked with Goethe Institute as Associate Consultant and The IAP Company Limited as Assistant Manager. He has authored papers Asian Social Science Journal, The International Journal of Business Insights and Transformation etc. He has presented papers in the Strategic Management Society 2014 Special Conference, Tel Aviv and other conferences.
Dr. Abhishek Chakraborty
Dr. Abhishek Chakraborty is a Professor in Production, Operations and Decision Sciences area. Prior to joining XLRI he worked as Senior Business Consultant (Strategic Services), JDA Software and Assistant Systems Engineer, TCS. He has authored papers in European Journal of Operational Research, OPSEARCH, International Journal of Production Research, Journal of Operational Research Society to name a few.
Dr. Ajith Kumar J
Dr. Ajit is a Professor in Production, Operations and Decision Sciences area. Prior to joining XLRI he was he was a Professor in T A Pai Management Institute in Operations Management area. He also has a corporate experience and was associated with Nippon Photographics Pvt Ltd for over 3 years. His case titled, "Primacy: Global Design from India", won first prize in the "Innovation" category of ISB-Ivey Global Case Writing Competition, 2012. It was later published by Ivey and is currently available in their case collection. He has authored papers in Journals like International Journal of Business Analytics and Intelligence, International Journal of Operations and Production Management, Journal of Enterprise Information Management. Dr. Ajit has presented papers in POMS 2017 International Conference held at the MacQuarie University, Sydney, Australia; 31st ANZAM Conference held at the RMIT University, Melbourne, Australia and various other conferences.
Dr. Bijaya K Mangaraj
Dr. Bijaya Krushna Mangaraj is a Professor in Production, Operations and Decision Sciences area. Prior to joining XLRI, he was a Professor and Head of the Department of Business Administration at Utkal University, Bhubaneswar, India. He holds M. Sc. and Ph.D. degrees from Indian Institute of Technology, Khadagpur, India and a D. Sc. in Development Anthropology, from Utkal University, India. He has published several papers in national and international journals and edited volumes. His research interests include application of multi-criteria optimization models in management and development research, cultural dimension in sustainable development and business anthropology. He has presented research papers and chaired sessions in conferences both in India and abroad and was a finalist for the Operations Research for Development Award at the IFORS conference in Spain (2014).
Dr. Dipankar Bose
Dr. Dipankar Bose is a Professor of Production, Operations and Decision Sciences area. Prior to joining XLRI he was a Professor of Operations Management in Institute of Management Technology, Nagpur. He was a Plant Engineer in Haldia Petrochemicals Limited for 52 months. He has authored papers in Journal of Modelling in Management, OPSEARCH etc. Dr. Dipankar has presented paper in EURO2016 Conference, Poznan, Poland; EURO2013 Conference, Rome, Italy etc.
On payment of the full course fee and upon successful completion of the course, participants will get a Postgraduate Certificate in Business Analytics and Alumni status from XLRI.
Live & Interactive Digital Learning
Live tutored classes - No recorded sessions.
Scheduled classes at convenient timings for working professionals.
Live tech support
In session tech support on chat and call for immediate support.
Classroom based learning
Interactive in session peer to peer and with faculty discussions for in-depth learning against isolated learning of recorded sessions.
AI & ML Powered Mobile platform enabled
Seamless learning on all screens; desktop, laptop, tabs & mobiles through app and browsers.
One on one interactions
All classes are delivered live by the eminent faculty encouraging interactive discussions and query resolution
Right from the inception of the course, Talentedge coordinators did a wonderful job in combing us together. Frequent follow-ups and support from the faculty have been extraordinary. We gained a lot of insights into the subject matter and over all a five star experience.
N Maniknanda Prabhu
Oct 2016 Batch
I really enjoyed the course and I learned a lot. the screens are easy enough to maneuver once you get the hang of it. It's interactive and interesting. the course was wonderful and it has been an amazing journey. Thanks for all support.
Sr. Manager - Digital Initiatives, RBL Bank
Jan 2016 Batch
The primary method of instruction will be through LIVE lectures that will be beamed online via Internet to TE classrooms across multiple cities. The pedagogy will comprise lectures, case methods, analytical exercises, group work, projects, term papers, assignments and dissertation imparted by XLRI’s faculty. Concepts will be explained using examples drawn from the real life. All enrolled students will also be provided access to the Cloud Campus through which students may access other learning aids, reference materials and assessments, case studies, projects and assignments as appropriate. Throughout the duration of the course, students will have the flexibility to reach out to the professors, real time during the class or offline via the Cloud Campus to raise questions and clear their doubts.
Candidates will be able to attend the classroom sessions from learning centers across 21 cities including Ahmedabad, Amritasar, Bangalore, Bhopal, Bhubaneshwar, Chennai, Delhi, Faridabad, Gurugram, Guwahati, Hyderabad, Indore, Kochi, Kolkata, Lucknow, Mumbai, Nagpur, Noida, Puducherry, Pune and Vizag.
A minimum of 80% attendance to the LIVE lectures at specified classrooms, is a prerequisite for the successful completion of this course. There are periodic evaluations built in throughout the duration of the course. These maybe in the form of a quiz, assignment, term papers, project, case studies, dissertation or other objective/subjective assessments. The evaluations are designed to ensure continuous student engagement with the course and encourage learning. The faculty members teaching their respective courses will choose the method of evaluation most appropriate to the material. An end term examination will be conducted at the respective centers. Participants who successfully complete the same along with the requisite attendance criteria will be awarded a certificate of completion by XLRI. Deficiency in percentage of attendance to live lectures at specified classrooms will result in grade loss and if attendance level falls below 50% then the course has to be repeated with next batch to be eligible for appropriate certificate.
XLRI is one of India’s leading management school based in Jamshedpur, Jharkhand, India. Established in 1949 as the Xavier Labor Relations Institute, by Fr. Quinn Enright, XLRI is acknowledged as India’s oldest business management school.
XLRI with its single vision of Magis, i.e., pursuit of excellence, focuses on three areas: academic excellence, personal values and social concern. XLRI spares no effort to make its curriculum world-class and deliver it in the most effective manner. It constantly scans the developments in business and in society and tries to pro-act to meet the challenges. Its world-class faculty with its commitment and deep sense of service delivers the curriculum very effectively.
Consistently being acknowledged as the Best “HR Course” in Asia–Pacific, it has also been recognized for its research acumen by the London Business School and is ranked among top 5 research schools in India cutting across management and technical institutes. For more details, visit www.xlri.ac.in
XLRI features consistently among the top 5 business schools of the country. In 2012 XLRI was ranked No. 4 among top 75 B-schools in India across Private and Government sector by Outlook India. Among other rankings, it was ranked #5 by the 2012 edition of CNBC-TV18′ s Top B-Schools in India, #4 by the Business Today 50 best business schools of 2012, #3 by Business World B Schools Unplugged.
- Introduction to R and Excel
- Introduction to Python
- Various graphs, charts and basic statistical techniques including data properties (moments)
- Hypothesis Testing
- Discriminant Analysis
- Factor Analysis
- Principal Component Analysis etc.
- Linear Regression Model
- Discrete Choice Models
- Logistic Regression
- Multinomial Logistic Regression
- Probit Regression/Demand Management and Forecasting
- Time Series Models [ARIMA, ARCH, GARCH] etc.
- Data Analytics Life Cycle
- Anomaly Detection
- Association Rule Learning (Dependency Modelling)
- Meta Analytics
- Neural Networks
- Multilayer Perceptron (MLP)
- Support Vector Machines (SVM)
- Nearest Neighbour Algorithm (KNN)
- k-nearest Neighbours
- Introduction to Artificial intelligence and Deep learning
- Information Retrieval
- Lexical Analysis
- Pattern Recognition
- Information Extraction
- Natural Language Processing (NLP)
- Self-paced Learning Modules
- Operations and SCM
- LP Simplex
- GRG and Evolutionary using Excel Solver
- Social Media, App and Other Digital Media
- Communication and Reporting
- Workshop Mode
- Big Data Analysis
- Data Management in Big Data Era
- Concept of Hadoop
- Data Stream Analytics
- Recommender System etc.
- Ethical issues in Data Analytics
|For Indian Residents||
Rs. 270,000+ GST*
Payment Deadline: 10/01/2019
|For International Students||
Payment Deadline: 10/01/2019
|1st Instalment||2nd Instalment||3rd Instalment||4th Instalment||5th Instalment|
Rs. 12,500 + GST*
Payment Deadline: 10/01/2019
Rs. 65,000 + GST*
Payment Deadline: 17/05/2019
Rs. 65,000 + GST*
Payment Deadline: 20/08/2019
Rs. 65,000 + GST*
Payment Deadline: 20/11/2019
Rs. 65,000 + GST*
Payment Deadline: 20/03/2020
|Round 1- Online Registration, 1st Instalment and Shortlisting for Interview||By 23 Feb 19|
|Round 2- Online Interviews||24 Feb 19 to 28 Feb 19|
|Result Declaration||25 Feb 19 to 01 Mar 19|
Candidates interested in the course will be shortlisted based on the following –
- The academic counsellors at Talentedge will check with the interested candidate, for initial eligibility against specified eligibility criteria and course pre-requisites.
- The Candidate will provide the necessary information to Talentedge Counselors.
- Candidates, clearing the initial screening will register at Talentedge website by paying Rs.12500 + GST / USD 250. Of this Rs.2500 + GST / USD 50 is the application processing fee and will NOT be refundable to candidates.
- Candidates will complete the application form on XLRI website and also upload the necessary documents for screening including the Statement of Purpose (SoP).
- After secondary screening of the applications by XLRI for adequacy of documents, candidates will be scheduled for an online interview with XLRI. The online interview will be held as per the published scheduled. Individual time slots will be provided upon interview confirmation.
- Candidates selected post the online interview will be sent offer letters issued by XLRI.
- Candidates will thereafter proceed to pay the fee as per the schedule and move on to commence the course.
- Candidates failing to clear the online interview process will not be eligible to enrol for this course and will be refunded Rs.10000 + GST / USD 200.
All 1st Instalment payments have to be made online through Talentedge website after registering. Thereafter, a detailed online application form needs to be filled on XLRI website and all soft copies of the substantiating documents also need to be uploaded as a part of the application process. If you have any questions about the kind of supporting documents that needs to be uploaded, please speak with our counsellors who will be able to guide you through the process.
Should you require any assistance with financial loans, our counsellors will be happy to support you with the guidelines for the same. However, the decision to grant the loan will depend on the adequacy of documents submitted and will be at the sole discretion of the respective financing agency/bank. The loan itself will be based on a mutual agreement exclusively between the individual candidate and the financing agency/bank and Talentedge will have no role whatsoever in this financing arrangement between the two parties.
Student Relations Manager,
21, Institutional Area, Sector 32,
Gurgaon 122003, Haryana, INDIA.
The course fee is payable in instalments as per the instalment schedule provided. In the event of late payment of Instalment 1 or any other subsequent Instalments, a Late Fee is leviable as follows.
- A late fee of Rs.1000 + GST will be charged to the Participant, if the instalment is paid within 7 days from the due date published on the instalment schedule.
- A late fee of Rs.2500 + GST will be charged to the Participant, if the instalment is paid between 8 days from the due date to within 14 days from due date as published on the instalment schedule.
- If the fee instalment is not received within 14 days from the due date, then the Participant shall be considered a dropout and a Rejoining Fee of Rs.5000 + GST will be charged to the Participant if the Participant wishes to continue with and complete the course and rejoining can be accommodated as per course guidelines.
Cancellation by the Participant
- Requests for refund of fees on account of cancellation of enrolment shall be considered only if such requests are received prior to closure of registration or 21 days before date of course commencement whichever is earlier.
- In event that such valid requests for refund of fees are received, the application money shall be refunded after deducting a penalty of INR 5,000 + applicable taxes and GST for instalment(s) paid for Indian participants & USD 125 for foreign participants.
- In all other cases, no refund shall be made.
- A participant may opt for rescheduling to a later batch of the same course / another course of prior to commencement of the course. However, such intimation must be made by the participant at least fifteen days prior to the commencement of the course. The amounts paid by the participant shall be considered as advance payment towards the next batch / alternative course. Further, the participant shall have to pay an administrative charge of Rs.5000 plus applicable taxes (Indian participants) or USD 125 (foreign participants) for facilitating such rescheduling.
Cancellation by Talentedge & Institute
Talentedge & the Institute, reserve the right to cancel courses at any time owing to reasons like insufficient enrolments, trainer indisposition or force majeure events. In the event that Talentedge or the Institute cancels a scheduled course, the student will receive full fee refund for the same. All refunds will be processed within 30 days of receipt of a valid refund request.
Note – Registration fee of INR 12,500 + GST / USD 250 paid during initial screening, out of which, INR 2500 + GST / USD 50 is the application processing fee and will NOT be refunded to candidates. Candidates who fail to clear the online interview process will not be eligible to enrol for this programme and will be refunded only INR 10,000 + GST / USD 200.
Crafting a great product is just the first half of the story of running a successful business because generating revenue is dependent upon making the potential customers aware of the product, its advantages and the reasons why it is better than its...
Today every business is trying to engage with data science in one form or another. Unfortunately, very few businesses have been able to even grasp the idea of what constitutes data science, let alone a useful or profitable implementation of the...
Senior corporate executives are expected to be “force-multipliers” but faced with the relentless pace and pressure of the business domain can sometimes make them lead their team and organization astray. Therefore, it becomes imperative for the...