Register to take the online exam for XLRI's Financial Accounting & Auditing
The primary objective of the course is to enable participants to obtain practical insights into the
application & impact of the Indian Accounting Standards on financial reporting, audit, internal control,
and other financial processes in organizations.
For students who don’t have the pre-requisite experience for a direct entry to the course can appear for a short quiz based exam. Participants who obtain the cut-off score of 50% shall be eligible to enrol in the course.
Registration fees for this exam is INR 1000. The registration fees would be refunded with the course fees for those who enrol. Registration fees would be refunded for the students who take up the exam but don’t clear it. No refund would be made for students who don’t appear for the exam.
4 Day on Campus Module
Interact face to face with batch mates & faculty
Certificate of Completion from XLRI
XLRI - consistently ranked among top 5 institutes in the country
Live & Interactive Online Classes - Not Recorded Sessions
Learn from anywhere in an immersive classroom experience
In depth coverage of Indian Accounting Standards
Standards, its requirements from financial reporting, audit, and internal control point of view, and their implications for corporate financial decision making
Who Should Attend?
To be eligible for this program, the participants must have a background education in a finance/accounting related discipline. This would include professionals such as Chartered Accountants, Cost Accountants, Company Secretaries, MBA’s (with a specialization in Finance), and other Post-Graduate Professional Qualifications in Finance. Semi-qualified professionals who have completed the intermediate stage of their qualifications and Graduates/Post-Graduates in Finance Related Disciplines (e.g. B. Com, M. Com) can also apply.
- Professionally qualified Chartered Accountants, Company Secretaries or Cost Accountants with a minimum of 8 years of work experience in the accounting, audit or corporate finance domains.
- CFO’s and Senior Finance Officials who have completed the intermediate level of the Chartered Accountants, Company Secretaries or Cost Accountants with a minimum of 10 years of work experience in the accounting, audit or corporate finance domains.
Candidates who do not fall in either of the above categories but have at least 3 years of work experience (including practice) in accounting, auditing, compliance, or corporate finance domains, and interested in pursuing this course, may do so by clearing a short quiz. This quiz, covering the fundamentals of accountancy and business finance, shall be administered prior to the commencement of the program on specific dates. Participants who obtain the cut-off score of 50% shall be eligible to enroll into the course.
Dr Santosh Sangem
Joined XLRI Finance Area in 2009. His primary teaching interests include Accounting, Management Control Systems, Bank Management, Financial Markets, and Corporate Finance.
Dr. Ram Kumar Kakani
Dr. Kakani has been associated with XLRI, Jamshedpur for past 16 years. He started his career as a technocrat in the corporate world for three years. He then moved towards the academic sector with focus on aspects related to Finance-Performance-Strategy trilogy at the IIM Calcutta
Prof. Sabyasachi Sengupta
Prof. Sengupta has been associated with XLRI, Jamshedpur for over 2 decades now. His stint with XLRI has made him an extremely popular and respected finance faculty.
On payment of the full course fee and upon satisfying the requisite attendance & evaluation/certification criteria of the Executive Certificate Program in Financial Accounting & Auditing, participants will be awarded a certificate of completion/participation issued by XLRI.
Live & Interactive Digital Learning
Learn from anywhere
Learn without quitting your job
Be a part of rich alumni network
Dedicated Career Advancement Services Team
Leverage innovative strategies for high career growth from Right Management (a ManpowerGroup company)
How it works
This is an online quiz covering the fundamentals of accountancy and business finance and shall be administered prior to the commencement of the course on specific dates. Participants who obtain the cut-off score of 50% shall be eligible to enrol in the course.
Please reach out to our counsellors for exact dates and any other query.
XLRI is one of India’s leading management school based in Jamshedpur, Jharkhand, India. Established in 1949 as the Xavier Labor Relations Institute, by Fr. Quinn Enright, XLRI is acknowledged as India’s oldest business management school.
XLRI with its single vision of Magis, i.e., pursuit of excellence, focuses on three areas: academic excellence, personal values and social concern. XLRI spares no effort to make its curriculum world-class and deliver it in the most effective manner. It constantly scans the developments in business and in society and tries to pro-act to meet the challenges. Its world-class faculty with its commitment and deep sense of service delivers the curriculum very effectively.
Consistently being acknowledged as the Best “HR Course” in Asia–Pacific, it has also been recognized for its research acumen by the London Business School and is ranked among top 5 research schools in India cutting across management and technical institutes. For more details, visit www.xlri.ac.in
XLRI features consistently among the top 5 business schools of the country. In 2012 XLRI was ranked No. 4 among top 75 B-schools in India across Private and Government sector by Outlook India. Among other rankings, it was ranked #5 by the 2012 edition of CNBC-TV18′ s Top B-Schools in India, #4 by the Business Today 50 best business schools of 2012, #3 by Business World B Schools Unplugged.
Module I: Legal Framework
Module II: Indian Accounting Standards (Ind-AS) in Detail
- Financial Statement Presentation & Reporting Policies
- Select Issues in Reporting of Income Statements
- Specific Issues Related to Balance Sheet Reporting
- Presentation & Reporting of Cash Flow Statements
- Special Considerations in Financial Reporting
Module III: Financial Analysis, Budgeting & Forecasting Technique covering Advanced Financial Analysis, Forecasting Techniques, Interim Financial Statements
Module IV: Statutory Audit – Features & Implications
Module V: Creative Accounting Practices – “Managing” the Numbers
Module VI:The Advanced Concepts in Corporate Accounting
- Consolidated Financial Statements
- Accounting for Business Combinations
Module VII: Analysis of Annual Reports- A Real-Life Case Based Approach
- Case I : Manufacturing Company
- Case II: Trading Company
- Case III: Service Sector Company
Module VIII: Other Audit & Control Mechanisms covering Cost Audit, Internal Audit Mechanism, Tax Audit
|For Indian Residents||
Rs. 1,000+ GST*
Payment Deadline: 14/04/2018
|For International Students||
Payment Deadline: 14/04/2018
All applications for this course must be made through an Online Application Form.
In case payment is being made online through Credit Card/Debit Card, please ensure that you have the Credit Card/Debit Card with you at the time of filling out the Application Form. If you have opted to pay the Application Fee/Instalments of the Fee though Demand Draft/Pay Orders, then please ensure that the Demand Draft/Pay Orders for the applicable amount is made favoring “XLRI Jamshedpur” payable at Jamshedpur and is sent to the address provided below along with the downloaded copy of your Application Form. Please ensure that you write your Name, REGID, Course Name and Contact number at the back of your Demand Draft/Pay Order.
All Demand Draft/Pay Orders along with a downloaded copy of your Application Form must be sent to.
Student Relations Manager,
21, Institutional Area, Sector 32,
Gurgaon 122003, Haryana, INDIA.
The program fee is payable in instalments as per the instalment schedule provided. In the event of late payment of Instalment 1 or any other subsequent Instalments, a Late Fee is leviable as follows.
- A Late fee of Rs.1000 + Tax will be charged to the Participant, if the instalment is paid within 7 days from the due date published on the instalment schedule.
- A Late fee of Rs.2500 + Tax will be charged to the Participant, if the instalment is paid between 8 days from the due date to within 14 days from due date as published on the instalment schedule.
- If the Fee Instalment is not received within 14 days from the due date, then the Participant shall be considered a dropout and a Rejoining Fee of Rs.5000 + tax will be charged to the Participant if the Participant wishes to continue with and complete the program and rejoining can be accommodated as per program guidelines.
Cancellation by the Participant
- Requests for refund of fees on account of cancellation of enrolment shall be considered only if such requests are received prior to closure of registration or 21 days before date of course commencement whichever is earlier.
- In event that such valid requests for refund of fees are received, the application money shall be refunded after deducting a penalty of Rs.5000 and applicable taxes for Indian participants & USD 125 for foreign participants.
- In all other cases, no refund shall be made.
- A participant may opt for rescheduling to a later batch of the same program / another program of prior to commencement of the program. However, such intimation must be made by the participant at least fifteen days prior to the commencement of the program. The amounts paid by the participant shall be considered as advance payment towards the next batch / alternative program. Further, the participant shall have to pay an administrative charge of Rs.5000 plus applicable taxes (Indian participants) or USD 125 (foreign participants) for facilitating such rescheduling.
Cancellation by the Talentedge & Institute
Talentedge & the Institute, reserves the right to cancel courses at any time owing to reasons like insufficient enrolments, trainer indisposition or force majeure events. In the event that Talentedge or the Institute cancels a scheduled course, the student will receive full fee refund for the same. All refunds will be processed within 30 days of receipt of a valid refund request.
This course is designed with an aim to provide students with a 360 degree view of various practical and applicable aspects of marketing and brand management that includes understanding different types of markets, competition, buyer behaviour and...