Optimize the Business Process with Up-scaled Analytical Skills
– 2.5 quintillion bytes of data is generated every day – Forbes
– 90 per cent of the data in the world was generated over the last two years alone
– As per a report by McKinsey, the corporations of the world need 1.5 million qualified business analysts to profitably analyse this data
With the advent of information technology, availability of data is no longer a problem. We’re adding to the data stockpile every time we turn to our search engines for answers. Business Analytics is about working with such unstructured data to converting it into a meaningful interpretation which helps in making better management decisions. In order to cater to the needs of the current market, XLRI has launched a new certification program.
XLRI’s Post Graduate Certificate in Business Analytics is a 1-year course which provides the perfect base for professionals to master the art of analytics. The course focuses on providing an in-depth knowledge of business analysis techniques and frameworks and their application in business decisions. The scope of business analytics can be broken into three main areas; Descriptive analytics, Predictive analytics and Prescriptive analytics. In a nutshell, it is the simultaneous application of statistics, computer programming and operations research to achieve the required outcome.
This course is specifically designed to:
– Help analytics professionals gain in-depth knowledge in various areas of analytics and gain managerial insights through data analysis
– Transform analytics professionals into exceptional, cross-functional leaders who integrate all disciplines to achieve the organisation’s strategic goals with the help of advanced analytics
– Help face challenges and complexities in analytics field, thereby equipping those working in analytics field with the necessary skill-sets to adopt an appropriate course of action
2 week on-campus component at XLRI
On Campus sessions near the commencement and culmination of the course, at XLRI Campus in Jamshedpur
Opportunity to Earn a Certificate of Completion and Alumni Status from XLRI
On the successful completion of the course, participants will earn a Recognized PG certificate and Alumni Status from XLRI Jamshedpur
Get exposure to real life applications of analytics across multiple domains
Learn practical business applications of analytics across a variety of domains like Marketing, Finance, HR, Operations, SCM and Digital Media
Hands-on learning with Python, R, MS Excel & Minitab
Get hands-on practical application exposure on popular tools like Python, R, MS Excel, Minitab etc.
In-depth learning of Text Mining, Machine Learning and Digital Media Analytics
Hands-on learning of leading concepts and techniques like Text Mining, Machine learning, Digital Media Analytics and many more
3-Month Capstone Project
A highly extensive project requiring the participants to apply all of their learning to practical use
Who should attend
- For Indian Participants – Bachelors in Engineering (10+2+4) or Graduates in Computers, Science, Commerce or Business (10+2+3) from a recognized university (UGC/AICTE/DEC/AIU/State Government)
- For International Participants – Graduation or equivalent degree from any recognized University or Institution in their respective country
- Mathematics or Statistics as a subject in Class XII or Graduation with at least 50% marks
- Formal education and knowledge of at least 1 programming language
- This course is entirely hands-on and so it is recommended, though not a necessity that students have two devices – one to follow the lecture, and the other for hands-on practice on Python and R (laptop/desktop)
- Participant selection into the programme is based on an elaborate selection process including validation of academic performance and work experience, submission of a Statement of Purpose (SOP), and a short online multiple-choice Test. The multiple-choice test shall cover topics in Basic Mathematics and Statistics from Class XI and Class XII syllabus
- Minimum 2 years of relevant work experience as on 01 Feb 2020
Dr. Abhishek Chakraborty
Dr. Abhishek Chakraborty is a Professor in Production, Operations and Decision Sciences area. Prior to joining XLRI he worked as Senior Business Consultant (Strategic Services), JDA Software and Assistant Systems Engineer, TCS. He has authored papers in European Journal of Operational Research, OPSEARCH, International Journal of Production Research, Journal of Operational Research Society to name a few.
Dr. Ajith Kumar J
Dr. Ajit is a Professor in Production, Operations and Decision Sciences area. Prior to joining XLRI he was he was a Professor in T A Pai Management Institute in Operations Management area. He also has a corporate experience and was associated with Nippon Photographics Pvt Ltd for over 3 years. His case titled, “Primacy: Global Design from India”, won first prize in the “Innovation” category of ISB-Ivey Global Case Writing Competition, 2012. It was later published by Ivey and is currently available in their case collection. He has authored papers in Journals like International Journal of Business Analytics and Intelligence, International Journal of Operations and Production Management, Journal of Enterprise Information Management. Dr. Ajit has presented papers in POMS 2017 International Conference held at the MacQuarie University, Sydney, Australia; 31st ANZAM Conference held at the RMIT University, Melbourne, Australia and various other conferences.
Dr. Bijaya K Mangaraj
Dr. Bijaya Krushna Mangaraj is a Professor in Production, Operations and Decision Sciences area. Prior to joining XLRI, he was a Professor and Head of the Department of Business Administration at Utkal University, Bhubaneswar, India. He holds M. Sc. and Ph.D. degrees from Indian Institute of Technology, Khadagpur, India and a D. Sc. in Development Anthropology, from Utkal University, India. He has published several papers in national and international journals and edited volumes. His research interests include application of multi-criteria optimization models in management and development research, cultural dimension in sustainable development and business anthropology. He has presented research papers and chaired sessions in conferences both in India and abroad and was a finalist for the Operations Research for Development Award at the IFORS conference in Spain (2014).
Dr. Munish Kumar Thakur
Dr. Munish Thakur is a Professor in Strategic Management area. Prior to joining XLRI he has worked with Goethe Institute as Associate Consultant and The IAP Company Limited as Assistant Manager. He has authored papers Asian Social Science Journal, The International Journal of Business Insights and Transformation etc. He has presented papers in the Strategic Management Society 2014 Special Conference, Tel Aviv and other conferences.
Prof. Pitabas Mohanty
Prof. Pitabas Mohanty is a Fellow of the Indian Institute of Management, Bangalore. He was a Senior Visiting Scholar at Stern School of Business, New York University in 2009-10. A Gold Medalist in MA (Applied Economics), he is also a Chartered Financial Analyst and a cost accountant.
He has got more than twenty years of teaching experience in Investments and Corporate Finance. He has conducted numerous training programs for companies in India and abroad including companies from Dubai, Qatar, and Kuwait in areas like Company Valuation and Financial Modeling. He is the co-author of books on ‘Investments’ and ‘Principles of Corporate Finance’ published by the McGraw Hill Education. He is actively into research in corporate finance and investments with many publications in books and referred journals. He has consulted a few companies in their valuation. He has won numerous awards at various research conferences.
Dr. Rajeev Sharma
Dr Rajeev Sharma is working as an Associate Professor in the area of Information Systems and Strategic Management with XLRI Jamshedpur. Prof Sharma has been associated with XLRI for more than 16 years after an illustrious career as a Research Analyst. Dr Sharma has published extensively in various journals of national and international repute like International Journal of Organizational and Collective Intelligence, Journal of Case Research etc. and has been an avid speaker at a plethora of International Platforms. He has also presented papers in Conference on Virtuality and Virtualization, Portland, Oregon; International Conference on Management of Globally Distributed Work; Indian Institute of Management Bangalore, India; IFIP ISGLOB03 Athens, Greece, IRMA International Conference and others.
Dr. Supriya Kumar De
Dr. Supriya Kumar De is a Professor in Production, Operations and Decision Sciences area. He has been associated with XLRI for over 15 years. Prior to joining XLRI he was associated with IDRBT for 26 months. He has authored papers in Journals like International Journal of Mechanical, Aerospace, Industrial and Mechatronics Engineering, International Journal of Intelligent Systems, International Journal of Computational Intelligence and Applications, Journal of Fuzzy Mathematics to name a few. He has presented papers 9TH International Conference on Knowledge-Based Intelligent Information & Engineering Systems, Australia; 7th International Conference on Enterprise Information Systems, Miami, USA and various other conferences.
Dr. Vijayaraghavan is a Professor in the area of Production, Operations Management and Decision Sciences Area & Information Systems at XLRI, Jamshedpur. He also serves as the Associate Dean (International and Corporate Programes) and Chairperson, Center for Logistics and Supply Chain Management at XLRI.
On payment of the full course fee and upon successful completion of the course, participants will get a Postgraduate Certificate in Business Analytics and Alumni status from XLRI.
Live & Interactive Digital Learning
Live tutored classes - No recorded sessions.
Scheduled classes at convenient timings for working professionals.
Live tech support
In session tech support on chat and call for immediate support.
Classroom based learning
Interactive in session peer to peer and with faculty discussions for in-depth learning against isolated learning of recorded sessions.
AI & ML Powered Mobile platform enabled
Seamless learning on all screens; desktop, laptop, tabs & mobiles through app and browsers.
One on one interactions
All classes are delivered live by the eminent faculty encouraging interactive discussions and query resolution
Dedicated Career Advancement Services Team
Leverage innovative strategies for high career growth from Right Management (a ManpowerGroup company)
Right from the inception of the course, Talentedge coordinators did a wonderful job in combing us together. Frequent follow-ups and support from the faculty have been extraordinary. We gained a lot of insights into the subject matter and over all a five star experience.
N Maniknanda Prabhu
Oct 2016 Batch
I really enjoyed the course and I learned a lot. the screens are easy enough to maneuver once you get the hang of it. It's interactive and interesting. the course was wonderful and it has been an amazing journey. Thanks for all support.
Sr. Manager - Digital Initiatives, RBL Bank
Jan 2016 Batch
The primary method of instruction will be through LIVE lectures that will be beamed online via Internet to participant devices like laptop or desktop. The pedagogy will comprise lectures, case methods, analytical exercises, group work, projects, term papers, assignments and dissertation imparted by XLRI’s faculty. Concepts will be explained using examples drawn from real life. All enrolled students will also be provided access to the Cloud Campus through which students may access other learning aids, reference materials and assessments, case studies, projects and assignments as appropriate. Throughout the duration of the course, students will have the flexibility to reach out to the professors, real time during the class or offline via the Cloud Campus to raise questions and clear their doubts.
A minimum of 80% attendance to the LIVE lectures of each course within the program is a prerequisite for the successful completion of this program. In the event that attendance to the live lectures falls below 50% for any given course, participants will be required to repeat the course. There are periodic evaluations built in throughout the duration of the course. These maybe in the form of a quiz, assignment, term papers, project, case studies, dissertation or other objective/subjective assessments. The evaluations are designed ensure continuous student engagement with the course and encourage learning. The faculty members teaching their respective courses will choose the method of evaluation most appropriate to the material. An end term examination will also be conducted. Participants who successfully complete the same along with the requisite attendance criteria will be awarded a certificate of completion by XLRI.
XLRI is one of India’s leading management school based in Jamshedpur, Jharkhand, India. Established in 1949 as the Xavier Labor Relations Institute, by Fr. Quinn Enright, XLRI is acknowledged as India’s oldest business management school.
XLRI with its single vision of Magis, i.e., pursuit of excellence, focuses on three areas: academic excellence, personal values and social concern. XLRI spares no effort to make its curriculum world-class and deliver it in the most effective manner. It constantly scans the developments in business and in society and tries to pro-act to meet the challenges. Its world-class faculty with its commitment and deep sense of service delivers the curriculum very effectively.
Consistently being acknowledged as the Best “HR Course” in Asia–Pacific, it has also been recognized for its research acumen by the London Business School and is ranked among top 5 research schools in India cutting across management and technical institutes. For more details, visit www.xlri.ac.in
XLRI features consistently among the top 5 business schools of the country. In 2012 XLRI was ranked No. 4 among top 75 B-schools in India across Private and Government sector by Outlook India. Among other rankings, it was ranked #5 by the 2012 edition of CNBC-TV18′ s Top B-Schools in India, #4 by the Business Today 50 best business schools of 2012, #3 by Business World B Schools Unplugged.
Operations and SCM
Digital Media Analytics
Sample Screening Test
Please click the Link for sample screening test.
|For Indian Residents||
Rs. 3,00,000 + GST
Payment Deadline: 20/06/2020
|For International Students||
Payment Deadline: 20/06/2020
|1st Instalment||2nd Instalment||3rd Instalment||4th Instalment||5th Instalment||6th Instalment|
Rs. 12,500 + GST
Payment Deadline: 20/06/2020
Rs. 40,000 + GST
Payment Deadline: Within 1 week of Clearing Test
Rs. 40,000 + GST
Payment Deadline: 14/06/2020
Rs. 70,000 + GST
Payment Deadline: 20/09/2020
Rs. 70,000 + GST
Payment Deadline: 20/12/2020
Rs. 70,000 + GST
Payment Deadline: 20/04/2021
Candidates interested in the course will be shortlisted based on the following
- Talentedge counsellors to establish initial eligibility by confirming capability against specified eligibility criteria and course pre-requisites.
- The candidates will complete the application form on XLRI website and also upload the necessary documents for screening including the SoP.
- Candidates, clearing the initial screening will register at Talentedge website by paying Rs.12500 + GST. Rs.2500 + GST will be transferred to XLRI towards the application processing fee and will NOT be refundable to participants.
- After secondary screening of the applications by XLRI for adequacy of documents, candidates will be provided access to the online assessment.
- Candidates who clear the online assessment will be sent offer letters issued by XLRI.
- Candidates will thereafter proceed to pay the fee as per the schedule and move on to commence the course.
If you have any questions about the kind of supporting documents that needs to be uploaded, please speak with our counsellors who will be able to guide you through the process.
Should you require any assistance with financial loans, our counsellors will be happy to support you with the guidelines for the same. However, the decision to grant the loan will depend on the adequacy of documents submitted and will be at the sole discretion of the respective financing agency/bank. The loan itself will be based on a mutual agreement exclusively between the individual candidate and the financing agency/bank and Talentedge will have no role whatsoever in this financing arrangement between the two parties.
Student Relations Manager,
21, Institutional Area, Sector 32,
Gurgaon 122003, Haryana, INDIA.
The course fee is payable in instalments as per the instalment schedule provided. In the event of late payment of Instalment 1 or any other subsequent Instalments, a Late Fee is leviable as follows.
- A late fee of Rs.1000 + GST will be charged to the Participant if the instalment is paid within 7 days from the due date published on the instalment schedule.
- A late fee of Rs.2500 + GST will be charged to the Participant if the instalment is paid between 8 days from the due date to within 14 days from due date as published on the instalment schedule.
- If the fee instalment is not received within 14 days from the due date, then the Participant shall be considered a dropout and a Rejoining Fee of Rs.5000 + GST will be charged to the Participant if the Participant wishes to continue with and complete the course and rejoining can be accommodated as per course guidelines.
Late fine and refunds will be as per XLRI Policy
Cancellation by the Participant
- Requests for refund of fees on account of cancellation of enrolment shall be considered only if such requests are received prior to closure of registration or 21 days before date of course commencement whichever is earlier.
- In event that such valid requests for refund of fees are received, the application money shall be refunded after deducting a penalty of INR 5,000 + applicable taxes and GST for instalment(s) paid for Indian participants & USD 125 for foreign participants.
- In all other cases, no refund shall be made.
- A participant may opt for rescheduling to a later batch of the same course / another course of prior to commencement of the course. However, such intimation must be made by the participant at least fifteen days prior to the commencement of the course. The amounts paid by the participant shall be considered as advance payment towards the next batch / alternative course. Further, the participant shall have to pay an administrative charge of Rs.5000 plus applicable taxes (Indian participants) or USD 125 (foreign participants) for facilitating such rescheduling.
Cancellation by Talentedge & XLRI
Talentedge & XLRI, reserve the right to cancel courses at any time owing to reasons like insufficient enrolments, trainer indisposition or force majeure events. In the event that Talentedge or the XLRI cancels a scheduled course, the student will receive full fee refund for the same. All refunds will be processed within 30 days of receipt of a valid refund request.
Note – Application processing fee of INR 2,500 + GST / USD 50 paid during initial screening will NOT be refunded to candidates. Candidates who fail to clear the online interview process will not be eligible to enrol for this programme.
Late fine and refunds will be as per XLRI Policy
This course is designed with an aim to provide students with a 360 degree view of various practical and applicable aspects of marketing and brand management that includes understanding different types of markets, competition, buyer behaviour and...