Doing business without digital marketing is like nurturing a plant without giving it air, water and sun. Yes, you got it right! If you want to grow your business, digital marketing is the armour in your kitty to do it the right way. Digital marketing is also in-demand career skill if you are a job-seeker or aspiring to make a career shift.
But, before you start shooting the arrow in the dark, you must know the basic concepts of digital marketing. You can join an online program which covers the fundamentals. Ideally, it is recommended to enrol in an advanced digital marketing course which will give you more insight.
Meanwhile, these basics will get you started on the right note.
Understanding the Definition of Digital Marketing
Digital marketing is much more than a website, email and social media. It also encompasses content publication, mobile optimization and data analytics. It is a cocktail of everything, with each ingredient having its unique importance in the mix.
Digital Marketing Concepts
Following are the digital marketing strategies which every marketer should learn:
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO): One of the most specialized and sought after tool, SEO focuses on making your business website rank top in the search engines such as Google, Yahoo, etc.
- Email Marketing: Did you know that email marketing is the cheapest, most preferred and most effective digital medium? It comprises building a subscribers list and sending emails to the target audience.
- Content Optimization: Some digital marketing experts say that content is the silver bullet of digital marketing. Whether it is a website, social media platforms or emails, the quality, consistency, relevance and frequency of updation of content plays a crucial role. Nobody likes information which is poorly written in context and full of grammatical errors!
- Marketing Analytics: Marketing analytics play a very important role in evaluating data to design the complete strategy of marketing. Those who are looking to learn marketing analytics can enrol to the Marketing analytics course by IIM Lucknow.
Do note that content can be published in various ways
- Web pages
- Pay-Per-Click (PPC) Advertising: Well, it doesn’t cost you more bucks if you prefer organic advertising. But, the number of people you can reach is only limited. Whereas, paid advertising, especially on Facebook and Twitter, can increase your digital footprint to a larger audience.
- Mobile Marketing: With 80% of internet users relying on their smartphones to search for information and buy products, mobile marketing is the way to tap them. It is a tool to appeal the mobile device users via SMS, responsive websites, apps and personalized notifications. (Source: Smart Insights)
The beauty of digital marketing lies in the fact that ROI on every penny spent can be tracked. It also monitors the number of leads and conversions.
There are various executive courses in digital marketing that can introduce you to digital marketing concepts through various modules.