Facilitate seamless collaboration between the Sales & Marketing functions and deliver superior customer value
Crafting a great product is just the first half of the story of running a successful business because generating revenue is dependent upon making the potential customers aware of the product, its advantages and the reasons why it is better than its competitors. Hence, the second half of your business story requires you to communicate this information effectively to the masses and the responsibility of writing this story rests on the shoulders of the Marketing & Sales teams. Thus, it is evident that the success of a product and an organization relies heavily on the robustness and seamless collaboration between its Marketing & Sales functions.
The certification course in “Marketing & Sales” aims to improve the knowledge and skill sets of working professionals concerning the alignment of marketing and sales functions to deliver superior customer value and to achieve higher profitability. More specifically, the course has been developed in such a way that it deepens the participant’s understanding of marketing management concepts so that they will be able to appreciate the critical role of the same in the sales planning and management functions. This improves the participant's ability to comprehend the ways and means to deliver superior customer value by utilizing the potential of sales. Thus, the successful completion of this course will provide directions to a new career orientation by re-orienting their marketing foundations with a strong base in the area of sales management.
Upon successful completion of this course, participants will be able to:
• Understand the foundations of marketing and be able to connect them with sales
• Have better clarity in terms of basic marketing parameters and its interlinkages with sales functions
• Possess improved knowledge and skill sets that support marketing related planning and execution in organizations through the sales team’s contributions in the areas of product development, pricing, place related decisions, and marketing promotion mix decisions
• Deepen the awareness and understanding of the typical conflicts between marketing and sales, and how to resolve them
• Equip themselves to plan and prepare timely recommendations that support the alignment of sales & marketing
Certificate of Completion from IIM Kozhikode
Upon successful completion of the course, participants will be awarded a certificate of completion from IIM Kozhikode
Learn through Real-Life Examples/Case Studies
Pedagogy comprising real-life examples and case studies by experts across different industries that will allow you to relate to your actual work scenario
Directly Impact Organizational Growth
Acquire knowledge and skill sets to drive sales team contributions that make a direct impact on the organizational growth
2 day On-Campus immersion module
Experience the typical high-intensity classroom and soak-in the unique campus environment of one of the most iconic and sustainable management campuses in India
Benefits from peer learning will enable you to address real challenges that you face on a day to day basis and form meaningful contacts for life
Who should attend
- For Indian Participants – Graduates (10+2+3) or Diploma Holders (only 10+2+3) from a recognized University (UGC/AICTE/DEC/AIU/State Government) in any discipline
- Diploma Holders (10+3) will be considered on a case to case basis subject to having a minimum of 10 Years of work experience in a supervisory role at the time of applying for this course
- For International Participants – Graduation or equivalent degree from any recognized University or Institution in their respective country
- Minimum of 3 years overall experience in Marketing & Sales function or at least 5 years of work experience in a business enterprises in a managerial position
Dr Anandakuttan B Unnithan
Dr. Anandakuttan B. Unnithan obtained his PhD in Marketing from Cochin University of Science and Technology, Kochi, Kerala. His career as a business educator, researcher and administrator has spanned over two decades. Currently, he is the Professor in the Marketing Management Area and Dean (Academic affairs and Development) at Indian Institute of Management Kozhikode. His research interests include consumer behaviour, services marketing, and advertising. His publications have appeared in leading journals in marketing, advertising, and other business disciplines. He has consulted with major corporations and government agencies, and is actively engaged in executive education and management development programs.
Dr. Sreejesh S.
Dr. Sreejesh S is currently working as an Assistant Professor in the Marketing Management Area at Indian Institute of Management Kozhikode. His main research interests include brand management, services marketing, online marketing & advertising. His publications have appeared in the leading journals of marketing, such as European Journal of Marketing, Industrial Marketing Management, Computers in Human Behaviour, Journal of Travel and Tourism Marketing, Marketing Intelligence and Planning, International Journal of Contemporary Hospitality Management, Internet Research, etc. In addition to the chapter contributions in books and case study developments, he has also authored books of international repute with Pearson India and Springer International.
Certificate of Completion for participants successfully passing the evaluation criteria. Certification of participation for the rest.
Live & Interactive Digital Learning
Learn from anywhere
Learn without quitting job
Case study learning
Hands-on learning using case studies, projects and simulations
Interactive live sessions with Industry stalwarts
Mobile platform enabled
Seamless learning on all screens; desktop, laptop, tabs & mobiles through app and browsers
Classroom based learning
Interactive in session peer to peer and with faculty discussions for in-depth learning against isolated learning of recorded sessions
The course pedagogy consists of various modes, such as on-campus classroom lectures, lectures through online interactive platforms, case analysis, simulations, exercises, and experience sharing by industry experts. In the majority of the cases, the deliverables will be explained using real-life examples/case studies connected with different industries, and hence, the participants will be able to connect the same with their actual work scenario. Besides this, during the classroom sections, in addition to experience sharing by industry experts, the course also facilitates the participants to share their own experiences, and thereby encourage the debate and discussion within the groups, and hence peer learning is the essential feature of this course.
All enrolled students will also be provided access to our SLIQ Cloud Campus through which students may access other learning aids, reference materials, assessments, case studies, projects and assignments as appropriate. Throughout the duration of the course, students will have the flexibility to reach out to the professors, real time during the class or offline via our SLIQ Cloud Campus to raise questions and clear doubts.
Evaluation methodology is the discretion of the faculty. A minimum of 75% attendance to the sessions (live as well as on-campus modules) is a prerequisite for the successful completion of this course.
During the course, there will be periodic evaluations in the form of quiz, class assignments, project, case analysis, or any other objective/subjective assessment decided by the instructor during the class hours. Hence, the participants are expected to complete the given evaluation components on time. IIM Kozhikode will award the course completion certification to those who complete the assessment components successfully along with the attendance criteria. The main objective of assignments/projects will be to help the participants apply their conceptual learning in the course to actual organizational decision scenarios.
The participants will have to secure the minimum pass marks in the respective evaluation components. Participants who successfully complete the same and satisfy the requisite attendance criteria, will be awarded a certificate of completion. Participants who are unable to clear the evaluation criteria but have the requisite attendance will be awarded a Participation certificate.
About IIM Kozhikode
IIM Kozhikode was the fifth Indian Institute of Management, founded by Government of India in collaboration with Government of Kerala at Calicut in the year 1996. IIMK also holds the credit for having pioneered the Interactive Distance Learning (IDL) Program for working executives in India. Having started with 300 class contact hours in 2001-02, the year-long Executive Management Education is today the richest available in the country having 450 class contact hours. The Institute today is a leader in Faculty Development Programmes (FDP) and is the major QIP (Quality Improvement Programme) Centre of the All Indian Council of Technical Education, in the field of management education.
IIMK is also one of the few Centres for Development of Digital Libraries in the world and is a country leader. The Institute also has a strong International Exchange Programme for students and faculty with several leading Management Institutes in EU and ASEAN countries like SDA, Bacconi, Jonkoping, Sweden, Copenhagen Business School, Denmark, ESCAP-EAP, France; University of Queensland, Austria, Victoria University of Wellington and so on.
An active member of the Strategic Management Forum, IIMK lays stress on organizing Seminar/Conferences and conducts management programs for teachers. Leading Management Institutions like IIM Ahmedabad, Bangalore, Calcutta, Indore and Lucknow along with MDI, Gurgaon, XLRI, Jamshedpur and IIFT, New Delhi join hands to conduct week long faculty development programme on various subjects in the field of Strategic and general management.
IIM Kozhikode is ranked 5th amongst management institutes in India – According to the report by Business Today on India’s Best B Schools 2013.
- Understanding the marketing environment
- Sales vs marketing
- Holistic marketing concept
- Company orientation towards the market place
- Developing marketing strategies and plans
- Mission statement
- Define competition
- Market analysis & Porter’s Model
- Marketing information system
- Measuring marketing productivity
- Forecasting and demand measurement
- Marketing mix modelling
- Connecting with customers
- Analyzing consumer markets
- Analyzing business markets
- Identifying market segments and targets
- Building strong brands
- Developing a brand equity measurement system
- Shaping the market offerings
- Delivering value
- Communicating the customer value
- Value creation and delivery in e-commerce platforms
- Objective and scope of personal selling
- Understanding personal selling situations
- Personal selling process
- Prospecting and objection handling
- Functions and purpose of a sales organization
- Understanding the structure of the sales organization
- Assessing sales performance
- Preparing sales budget
- Need and establishment of sales territory
- Sales forecasting
- Different models in sales forecasting
- Understanding market potential
- Channel management
- Channel design
- Selection of appropriate channels
- Channel motivation
- Understanding distribution
- Components of physical distribution
- Supply chain management
- Putting it all together: What is the right supply chain?
- Supply chain management: why only now?
|For Indian Residents||
Rs. 160,000+ GST*
Payment Deadline: 26/09/2019
|For International Students||
Payment Deadline: 26/09/2019
|1st Instalment||2nd Instalment||3rd Instalment||4th Instalment|
Rs. 35,000 + GST*
Payment Deadline: 26/09/2019
Rs. 35,000 + GST*
Payment Deadline: 05/11/2019
Rs. 45,000 + GST*
Payment Deadline: 15/03/2020
Rs. 45,000 + GST*
Payment Deadline: 15/06/2020
All applications for this course must be made through an Online Application Form.
In case payment is being made online through Credit Card/Debit Card, please ensure that you have the Credit Card/Debit Card with you at the time of filling out the Application Form. If you have opted to pay the Application Fee/Instalments of the Fee through Demand Draft/Pay Orders, then please ensure that the Demand Draft/Pay Orders for the applicable amount is made favoring “IIM Kozhikode” payable at Kozhikode and is sent to the address provided below along with the downloaded copy of your Application Form. Please ensure that you write your Name, REGID, Course Name and Contact number at the back of your Demand Draft/Pay Order.
All Demand Draft/Pay Orders along with a downloaded copy of your Application Form must be sent to.
Student Relations Manager,
21, Institutional Area, Sector 32,
Gurgaon 122001, Haryana, INDIA.
The Course fee is payable in instalments as per the instalment schedule provided. In the event of late payment of Instalment 1 or any other subsequent Instalments, a Late Fee is leviable as follows.
- A Late fee of INR 1000 + GST will be charged to the Participant, if the instalment is paid within 7 days from the due date published on the instalment schedule.
- A Late fee of INR 2500 + GST will be charged to the Participant, if the instalment is paid between 8 days from the due date to within 14 days from due date as published on the instalment schedule.
- If the Fee Instalment is not received within 14 days from the due date, then the Participant shall be considered a dropout and a Rejoining Fee of INR 5000 + GST will be charged to the Participant if the Participant wishes to continue with and complete the Course and rejoining can be accommodated as per Course guidelines.
Cancellation by the Participant
- Requests for refund of fees on account of cancellation of enrolment shall be considered only if such requests are received prior to the closure of registration or 21 days before the date of course commencement whichever is earlier.
- In event that such valid requests for refund of fees are received, the application money shall be refunded after deducting a penalty of INR 5,000 + applicable taxes for Indian participants & USD 125 for foreign participants.
- In all other cases, no refund shall be made.
- A participant may opt for rescheduling to a later batch of the same course / another course prior to the commencement of the course. However, such intimation must be made by the participant at least fifteen days prior to the commencement of the course. The amounts paid by the participant shall be considered as advance payment towards the next batch / alternative course. Further, the participant shall have to pay an administrative charge of INR 5000 plus applicable taxes (Indian participants) or USD 125 (foreign participants) for facilitating such rescheduling.
Cancellation by Talentedge & the Institute
Talentedge & the Institute reserve the right to cancel courses at any time owing to reasons like insufficient enrolments, trainer indisposition or force majeure events. In the event that Talentedge or the Institute cancels a scheduled course, the student will receive full fee refund for the same. All refunds will be processed within 30 days of receipt of a valid refund request.
Crafting a great product is just the first half of the story of running a successful business because generating revenue is dependent upon making the potential customers aware of the product, its advantages and the reasons why it is better than its...
Today every business is trying to engage with data science in one form or another. Unfortunately, very few businesses have been able to even grasp the idea of what constitutes data science, let alone a useful or profitable implementation of the...
Senior corporate executives are expected to be “force-multipliers” but faced with the relentless pace and pressure of the business domain can sometimes make them lead their team and organization astray. Therefore, it becomes imperative for the...