The increasing complexities and growth in the value of financial instruments and their derivatives, puts forward the need to manage investments in these securities prudently and optimally. In order to do that, professionals in Financial Institutions and Corporates need a solid understanding of financial risk measurement and management.
The objective of this course is to familiarize the participants with the various instruments available for risk management. It covers instruments such as options, futures, swaps, and credit derivatives. Besides discussing the pricing of these instruments and hedging principles, the course would also aim at the introduction of some complex instruments such as options on futures and swaps etc. The course is designed to help participants:
- Understand the role of financial risk management as well as the techniques available for its measurement in financial and non-financial corporations.
- Review the set of financial instruments available in modern financial markets as well as the strategies that a firm or and an individual can use to optimize the management of the risks the company may face.
- Build a framework that will help integrate financial risk management into an overall corporate strategy.
Certificate of Completion from IIM Raipur
On successful completion, you will receive certificate of completion from IIM Raipur
Lectures imparted by eminent faculty from IIM Raipur
Program content is designed entirely by IIM Raipur and delivered by the esteemed faculty of the institute
Practical and Application Oriented approach to Learning
Knowledge imparted through class exercises to develop hands on skills that can be applied to practical scenarios
Syllabus in line with International Certification Requirements
Program syllabus coverage overlaps with GARP FRM Level 1 certification requirements
Who should attend
- For Indian Participants – Graduates (10+2+3) or Diploma Holders (only 10+2+3) from a recognized university (UGC/AICTE/DEC/AIU/State Government) in any discipline.
- For International Participants – Graduation or equivalent degree from any recognized University or Institution in their respective country.
- Basic Knowledge of Statistics
- Knowledge of Corporate Finance
Dr. Yogesh Chauhan
Yogesh Chauhan is an assistant professor at IIM Raipur. He completed his MBA and received his Ph.D. degree from IFHE University; during his Ph.D. period, he got an opportunity to spend ten months at the University of Toledo, Ohio State, USA. His research interests lie in the area of corporate finance, particularly emerging markets. He has published more than 20 papers in reputed journals, such as Financial Management, Emerging Market Review, International Review of Economics & Finance, The North American Journal of Economics and Finance, Journal of Contemporary Accounting and Economics, etc. He has conducted various workshops related to econometrics and attended various international conferences.
Dr. Nemiraja Jadiyappa
Dr. Nemiraja Jadiyappa is an Assistant Professor at the Indian Institute of Management Raipur. He holds a Ph.D. degree from ICFAI institute for higher education, India. He was a visiting fellow to the Spears School of Business (OSU), USA. He teaches financial management, investment banking, and financial markets and instruments at the MBA level and Corporate finance at the doctoral level. His research interests include corporate finance, corporate governance, CSR,creditors’ governance, and earnings management. His research papers have been published in top tier international journals like Emerging Markets Review, International Review of Finance, Economics Letters,and International Review of Economics and Finance.
Post the payment of all due fees and upon satisfying the requisite attendance & evaluation criteria of the Professional Certificate Program in Applied Financial Risk Management, participants will be awarded a certificate of completion issued by IIM Raipur. Participants who are unable to clear the evaluation criteria but have the requisite attendance will be awarded a Participation certificate.
Live & Interactive Digital Learning
Live tutored classes not recorded sessions
Scheduled classes at convenient timings for working professionals
Be a part of rich Alumni Network
One on one interactions
All classes are delivered live by the eminent faculty encouraging interactive discussions and query resolution
Mobile platform enabled
Seamless learning on all screens; desktop, laptop, tabs & mobiles through app and browsers
Classroom based learning
Interactive in session peer to peer and with faculty discussions for in-depth learning against isolated learning of recorded sessions
Dedicated Career Advancement Services Team
Leverage innovative strategies for high career growth from Right Management (a ManpowerGroup company)
The delivery would comprise a judicious mix of live virtual lectures, interactive audio-video discussions, in-class exercises and experience sharing through peer discussions. All enrolled students will also be provided access to our SLIQ Cloud Campus through which students may access other learning aids, reference materials, assessments, case studies, projects and assignments as appropriate. Throughout the duration of the course, students will have the flexibility to reach out to the professors, real time during the class or offline via our SLIQ Cloud Campus to raise questions and clear doubts.
Evaluation methodology is the discretion of the faculty. The methodology includes online exams, case analysis, class contribution and any other component as decided by the respective course faculties. A minimum of 75% attendance to the Live Sessions is a prerequisite for the successful completion of this program. There are periodic evaluations built in throughout the duration of the course. These maybe in the form of a quiz, assignment, project, case studies or other objective/subjective assessments. The evaluations are designed ensure continuous student engagement with the course and encourage learning. The participants will have to secure the minimum pass marks in the respective evaluation components.
Participants who successfully complete the same and satisfy the requisite attendance criteria, will be awarded a certificate of completion. Participants who are unable to clear the evaluation criteria but have the requisite attendance will be awarded a Participation certificate.
Indian Institute of Management (IIM) Raipur was set up by the Government of India, Ministry of Human Resource Development in 2010 at Raipur, the capital of Chhattisgarh.
Ranked 19th amongst B-Schools in India by Govt of India MHRD-NIRF Rankings 2019, IIM Raipur offers flagship 2 years full-time Post-Graduate Program in Management (MBA) as well as the Post Graduate Program in Management for Working Executives (PGPMWE). IIM Raipur believes in preparing ethical leaders who are not only committed to business, commerce and industry but are also socially conscious towards their contribution in nation-building and bring in name for the country globally. IIM Raipur is also committed to excellence in research and has a strong doctoral (Ph.D.) program along with a supportive ecosystem promoting research within the faculty fraternity.
IIM Raipur has strong international collaborations for student exchange programs with prominent universities and institutes in 13 countries across the globe including Australia, Chile, Germany, France, Greece, South Korea, Mexico, New Zealand, Austria, Peru, Russia, Slovakia and Thailand.
IIM Raipur Online also offers consulting services to design and implement policies, systems and processes in functional and cross-functional areas of business. Besides, regular in-campus and in-company training programs are conducted by IIM Raipur faculty members for supporting industry requirements.
IIM Raipur started functioning out of its sprawling new campus in Atal Nagar, Raipur from 2018. The new campus spread over 200 acres is a state-of-the-art campus offering a blend of modern architecture, culture and heritage of Chhattisgarh.
- Discrete and continuous probability distributions
- Estimating the parameters of distributions
- Population and sample statistics
- Measures of correlation
- Linear regression with single and multiple regressors
- Time series analysis and forecasting
- Estimation of conditional volatility using ARCH and GARCH etc.
- Basic risk types, measurement, and management tools
- Modern Portfolio Theory
- Asset pricing models, such as the Capital Asset Pricing Model, the Multifactor asset pricing model
- Creating value with risk management
- Risk-adjusted performance measurement
- Structures and functions of financial institutions
- Structure and mechanics of over the counter (OTC) and exchange markets
- Structure, mechanics, and valuation of forwards, futures, swaps, and options
- Hedging with derivatives
- Interest rates and measures of interest rate sensitivity
- Foreign exchange risk
- Corporate bonds
- Mortgage-backed securities
- Value-at-Risk (VaR)
- Expected shortfall
- Principles for sound operational risk management
- Operational risk
- Credit risk
- Market risk
- Model risk and model validation
- Risk-adjusted return on capital (RAROC)
- Economic capital frameworks and capital planning
- Stress testing of banks
|For Indian Residents||
Rs. 70,000 + GST
Payment Deadline: 16/07/2020
|For International Students||
Payment Deadline: 16/07/2020
|1st Instalment||2nd Instalment||3rd Instalment|
Rs. 30,000 + GST
Payment Deadline: 16/07/2020
Rs. 15,000 + GST
Payment Deadline: 07/11/2020
Rs. 25,000 + GST
Payment Deadline: 25/01/2021
All applications for this course must be made through an Online Application Form.
In case payment is being made online through Credit Card/Debit Card, please ensure that you have the Credit Card/Debit Card with you at the time of filling out the Application Form. If you have opted to pay the Application Fee/Instalments of the Fee through Demand Draft/Pay Orders, then please ensure that the Demand Draft/Pay Orders for the applicable amount is made favouring “Arrina Education Services Private Limited” payable at Mumbai and is sent to the address provided below along with the downloaded copy of your Application Form. Please ensure that you write your Name, Course Name and Contact number at the back of your Demand Draft/Pay Order.
All Demand Draft/Pay Orders along with a downloaded copy of your Application Form must be sent to.
Student Relationship Manager,
21, Institutional Area, Sector 32,
Gurgaon 122003, Haryana, INDIA.
The course fee is payable in instalments as per the instalment schedule provided. In the event of late payment of Instalment 1 or any other subsequent Instalments, a Late Fee is leviable as follows.
- A Late fee of Rs.1000+GST will be charged to the Participant, if the instalment is paid within 7 days from the due date published on the instalment schedule.
- A Late fee of Rs.2500 + GST will be charged to the Participant, if the instalment is paid between 8 days from the due date to within 14 days from due date as published on the instalment schedule.
- If the Fee Instalment is not received within 14 days from the due date, then the Participant shall be considered a dropout and a Re-joining Fee of Rs.5000 + GST will be charged to the Participant. If the Participant wishes to continue with and complete the program then re-joining can be accommodated as per course guidelines.
Cancellation by the Participant
- Requests for refund of fees on account of cancellation of enrolment shall be considered only if such requests are received prior to the closure of registration or 21 days before the date of course commencement whichever is earlier.
- Even if such valid requests for refund of fees are received, the application money shall be refunded after deducting a penalty of Rs.5000 and applicable taxes for Indian participants & USD 125 for foreign participants.
- In all other cases, no refund shall be made.
- A participant may opt for rescheduling to a later batch of the same program / another program prior to the commencement of the program. However, such intimation must be made by the participant at least fifteen days prior to the commencement of the course. The amounts paid by the participant shall be considered as advance payment towards the next batch/alternative program. Further, the participant shall have to pay an administrative charge of Rs.5000 plus applicable taxes (Indian participants) or USD 125 (foreign participants) for facilitating such rescheduling.
Cancellation by Talentedge & Institute
Talentedge & the Institute reserve the right to cancel courses at any time owing to reasons like insufficient enrolments, trainer indisposition or force majeure events. In the event that Talentedge or the Institute cancels a scheduled course, the student will receive full fee refund for the same. All refunds will be processed within 30 days of receipt of a valid refund request.
This course is designed with an aim to provide students with a 360 degree view of various practical and applicable aspects of marketing and brand management that includes understanding different types of markets, competition, buyer behaviour and...