Unveil the most powerful strategies, and be on your way to professional progress!
The Executive Development Program in Advanced Strategic Management aims to build an in-depth understanding in the participant about strategy and strategic management. Mid-level managers responsible for making strategic decisions in line with the business goals, must be fully aware of the various tools and frameworks that provide a helping hand for the same. Post the completion of this course, the participant will be able to decipher the various intricacies of planning and execution of the most appropriate strategy that will bind the organization at an operational level.
This course would be of immense value to experienced practitioners, managers and business owners, who are ready to step into independent leadership roles and consultants. The ultimate goal of a strategic manager is to implement the most suitable strategy, in the most effective manner, and see it through to successful completion.
The specific objectives of the course are:
- Provide an understanding, from first principles, about “strategy” and “strategic management”
- Enable participants to decipher the context in which strategy is formulated and strategic management practiced
- Provide participants an exposure to models, frameworks and other tools of Strategic Management
- Promote strategic thinking among the participants
Certificate of Completion from IIM Raipur
Opportunity to gain a certificate of completion from IIM Raipur
6-Day On-Campus Immersion Modules
Participate in 2 On-Campus interventions of 3 days each to be held at IIM Raipur, that provide participants with an opportunity to experience the campus, meet the faculty and network with fellow participants
Leading Theoretical Perspectives
Gain in-depth understanding of strategy and strategic management of business
Transition to Higher Levels of Management
Facilitate smooth transition of middle managers to shoulder senior management responsibilities
360-Degree Understanding of Strategic Management
Get an all-round understanding of factors which contribute to achieving high performance, growth and sustainability to business
Qualify to earn Executive Alumni status from IIM Raipur
Participants successfully completing the program and registering with IIM Raipur, by paying an alumni fee will receive an “Executive Alumni status” from IIM Raipur
Who should attend
- For Indian Participants – Graduates (10+2+3) or Diploma Holders (only 10+2+3) from a recognized university (UGC/AICTE/DEC/AIU/State Government) in any discipline
- For International Participants – Graduation or equivalent degree from any recognized University or Institution in their respective country
- Minimum of at least 5 years of work experience
Lt. Col. Dr. Samar Singh
Area: Business Policy and Strategy
His areas of interest in academics are focused on the human element in the field of strategic management and include Strategy as Practice and Leadership as Practice in context of Indian family businesses, Group Relations, Business Ethics, Philosophy, and Role of Innovation in Strategy Emergence/Evolution.
He has served in the Corps of Engineers of the Indian Army for 23 years and has had the opportunity to serve all over India – from Jammu and Kashmir to Kerala – in wide ranging capacities, with different organizations (within and outside Army), in operations and in peace. An avid outdoor activity loving person, he is well versed in different adventure sports such as car rallying, sailing, scuba diving, hang gliding, white water rafting and rowing.
Prof. Satyasiba Das
Area: Business Policy and Strategy
Prof Satyasiba Das is currently working as Associate Professor in Strategic Management at Indian Institute of Management Raipur, where he teaches core, advanced and executive management programs. Prof Das is a highly accomplished academic and consultant with a comprehensive scholastic and professional background in Entrepreneurship and venturing process, Technology and Innovation Management, and Growth Strategy. He has received an MBA degree from Hult Internation Business School, USA; M.Phil in Social Change, and Dr Philos from Norwegian University of Science and Technology, Trondheim, Norway. He is also a recipient of EU Marie Curie Postdoctoral fellowship for 2007-2010 and worked with National University of Ireland Galway and Government of Ireland.
In the early decade long international consulting career, he has led more than fifty multi-disciplinary teams to deliver complex time bound consulting projects for EU member states, preeminent development agencies, and private sector organizations. Some of his clients include World Bank; Asian Development Bank; UNIDO; Government of India (Various Departments); Siemens Healthcare (Laboratory) Diagnostics, USA; The Telegraph, UK; Volkswagen, India; DNV, Norway; ABB; and Indian Oil. Prof Das is associated with multiple medical device start-ups from inception stage to successful commercialization of the products. Prof Das has nearly 75 international publications in international journals, cases, and conferences. He teaches Advanced Competitive Strategy, Strategic Execution and Corporate Restructuring, New Venture Creation, and Digital Strategy for Business at IIM Raipur.
Certificate of Completion will be awarded to participants successfully passing the evaluation criteria and satisfying the attendance requirements. Participants who are unable to clear the evaluation criteria but have the requisite attendance will be awarded a Participation certificate.
Scheduled classes at convenient timings for working professionals
Case study learning
Hands-on learning using case studies, projects and simulations
Be a part of rich Alumni Network
Dedicated Student support
Student relationship managers for dedicated support for all requirements of the students
Live tech support
In session tech support on chat and call for immediate support
Classroom Based Learning
Sessions with peers & faculty for in-depth learning against isolated learning of recorded sessions
Dedicated Career Advancement Services Team
Leverage innovative strategies for high career growth from Right Management (a ManpowerGroup company)
The primary method of conduct of this program will be through ONLINE LIVE lectures. The program will leverage a blended learning approach and utilize a combination of LIVE lectures, case analysis, discussions, exercises, assignments, group/individual presentations, term projects, quizzes and tests. All enrolled students will also be provided access to our institute library through remote access authorization which will enable them to access other learning aids, reference materials, assessments, case studies, projects and assignments as appropriate.
All enrolled students will also be provided access to our SLIQ Cloud Campus through which students may access other learning aids, reference materials, assessments, case studies, projects and assignments as appropriate. Throughout the duration of the course, students will have the flexibility to reach out to the professors, real time during the class or offline via our SLIQ Cloud Campus to raise questions and clear doubts.
Evaluation methodology is the discretion of the faculty. The methodology includes online exams, case analysis, class contribution and any other component as decided by the respective course faculties. A minimum of 75% attendance to Live Sessions is a prerequisite for the successful completion of this program.
The program may require participants to work on individual/group assignments and/or projects. The main objective of such assignments/projects will be to help the participants apply their conceptual learning in the program to actual organizational decision scenarios. The participants will have to secure the minimum pass marks in the respective evaluation components.
Indian Institute of Management (IIM) Raipur was set up by the Government of India, Ministry of Human Resource Development in 2010 at Raipur, the capital of Chhattisgarh.
Ranked 19th amongst B-Schools in India by Govt of India MHRD-NIRF Rankings 2019, IIM Raipur offers flagship 2 years full-time Post-Graduate Program in Management (MBA) as well as the Post Graduate Program in Management for Working Executives (PGPMWE). IIM Raipur believes in preparing ethical leaders who are not only committed to business, commerce and industry but are also socially conscious towards their contribution in nation-building and bring in name for the country globally. IIM Raipur is also committed to excellence in research and has a strong doctoral (Ph.D.) program along with a supportive ecosystem promoting research within the faculty fraternity.
IIM Raipur has strong international collaborations for student exchange programs with prominent universities and institutes in 13 countries across the globe including Australia, Chile, Germany, France, Greece, South Korea, Mexico, New Zealand, Austria, Peru, Russia, Slovakia and Thailand.
IIM Raipur Online also offers consulting services to design and implement policies, systems and processes in functional and cross-functional areas of business. Besides, regular in-campus and in-company training programs are conducted by IIM Raipur faculty members for supporting industry requirements.
IIM Raipur started functioning out of its sprawling new campus in Atal Nagar, Raipur from 2018. The new campus spread over 200 acres is a state-of-the-art campus offering a blend of modern architecture, culture and heritage of Chhattisgarh.
- Origins of strategy: Underlying philosophy and historical trajectory
- Definitions of strategy and its implication
- Strategic thinking under different world views
- Understanding logic of business and business models
- Organizational Aspiration & Strategic Management
- Business Environment and Industry Analysis
- Resource Based View of the Firm
- Corporate Strategy
- Strategy Evaluation – Balanced Score Card
- Competition & Competitive Advantage
- Competitive intelligence
- Competitive Dynamics
- Growth and Diversification
- Models and frameworks for analysis and decision making
- Risks in International Business
- Economic Integration and Cooperation
- Foreign Market Evaluation & Entry
- International Business Strategy & Operations
- Joint venture and alliances
- Motives of M&As
- Understanding M&A process
- M&A valuation and deal structuring
- Post-merger integration
- Innovation as fountainhead of strategy
- Innovation – Content and Process
- Design Thinking
- Technology Strategy
- Business Model Innovation
- Innovation Management
- Organizations – Theory, structure and systems
- Leadership – Traits, Skills and Practice approaches
- Establishing Structural Change
- Change management – The soft side
- Job Design and Understanding Strategic Failure
- Limits of business domain
- What is the right thing to do
- How value system influences decision making
- Role of networks in business strategy
- Firms in Emerging Markets and their Strategies
- Internationalization of emerging market firms
- Business Models in a Knowledge Economy
This program includes two on-campus components of 3 days each which will take place at IIM Raipur campus. On-Campus session 1 will be held at the beginning of Term 2, the specific dates for which will be communicated in due course, in line with Government’s advisory on Covid-19 related situation. On-Campus session 2 will be held towards the end of the program. Attendance to both the On-Campus Components is mandatory for all participants of this course.
|For Indian Residents||
INR 1,80,000 + GST
Payment Deadline: 04/03/2021
|For International Students||
Payment Deadline: 04/03/2021
|1st Instalment||2nd Instalment||3rd Instalment||4th Instalment|
INR 45,000 + GST
Payment Deadline: 04/03/2021
INR 35,000 + GST
Payment Deadline: 16/06/2021
INR 50,000 + GST
Payment Deadline: 20/10/2021
INR 50,000 + GST
Payment Deadline: 20/02/2022
All applications for this course must be made through an Online Application Form.
In case payment is being made online through Credit Card/Debit Card, please ensure that you have the Credit Card/Debit Card with you at the time of filling out the Application Form. If you have opted to pay the Application Fee/Instalments of the Fee through Demand Draft/Pay Orders, then please ensure that the Demand Draft/Pay Orders for the applicable amount is made favouring “Arrina Education Services Private Limited” payable at Mumbai and is sent to the address provided below along with the downloaded copy of your Application Form. Please ensure that you write your Name, Course Name and Contact number at the back of your Demand Draft/Pay Order.
All Demand Draft/Pay Orders along with a downloaded copy of your Application Form must be sent to.
Student Relationship Manager,
21, Institutional Area, Sector 32,
Gurgaon 122003, Haryana, INDIA.
The course fee is payable in instalments as per the instalment schedule provided. In the event of late payment of Instalment 1 or any other subsequent Instalments, a Late Fee is leviable as follows.
- A Late fee of Rs.1000+GST will be charged to the Participant, if the instalment is paid within 7 days from the due date published on the instalment schedule.
- A Late fee of Rs.2500 + GST will be charged to the Participant, if the instalment is paid between 8 days from the due date to within 14 days from due date as published on the instalment schedule.
- If the Fee Instalment is not received within 14 days from the due date, then the Participant shall be considered a dropout and a Re-joining Fee of Rs.5000 + GST will be charged to the Participant. If the Participant wishes to continue with and complete the program then re-joining can be accommodated as per course guidelines.
Cancellation by the Participant
- Requests for refund of fees on account of cancellation of enrolment shall be considered only if such requests are received prior to the closure of registration or 21 days before the date of course commencement whichever is earlier.
- Even if such valid requests for refund of fees are received, the application money shall be refunded after deducting a penalty of Rs.5000 and applicable taxes for Indian participants & USD 125 for foreign participants.
- In all other cases, no refund shall be made.
- A participant may opt for rescheduling to a later batch of the same program / another program prior to the commencement of the program. However, such intimation must be made by the participant at least fifteen days prior to the commencement of the course. The amounts paid by the participant shall be considered as advance payment towards the next batch/alternative program. Further, the participant shall have to pay an administrative charge of Rs.5000 plus applicable taxes (Indian participants) or USD 125 (foreign participants) for facilitating such rescheduling.
Cancellation by Talentedge & Institute
Talentedge & the Institute reserve the right to cancel courses at any time owing to reasons like insufficient enrolments, trainer indisposition or force majeure events. In the event that Talentedge or the Institute cancels a scheduled course, the student will receive full fee refund for the same. All refunds will be processed within 30 days of receipt of a valid refund request.
The Advanced Certificate in Managing Brands and Marketing Communication is designed, with an aim to provide students with a 360-degree view of various practical and applicable aspects of marketing and brand management. This includes understanding...