Enhance business performance with data driven insights
Businesses today are trying to engage with data science in one form or another. Unfortunately, only a few have been able to even grasp the idea of what constitutes data science, let alone implement it usefully and profitably. This online data science course introduces its participants to the world of data science. The objective is to strip away all the distractions around data science – codes, tools, etc., and teach the techniques using practical cases that can be understood and appreciated by someone with an elementary knowledge of mathematics. This course uses hands-on approach to data science where participants get to work with data sets to generate insights for businesses.
Get certified from XLRI
Opportunity to earn Certificate of Completion from XLRI
Learn Python, R and Excel hands-on
Hands-on exposure to popular Business Analytics tools like Python, R and Excel
Work with data sets & generate business insights
Hands-on approach to data science to generate insights for businesses
Gain practical knowledge of tools
This course is completely oriented towards imparting practical knowledge of tools
Learn from the top faculty of XLRI
Lectures imparted by eminent faculty from XLRI and Industry experts
Competency in decoding the art of data science
This course will strip away all the distractions around data science – codes, tools, etc.
Who should attend
- For Indian Participants – Graduates (10+2+3) or Diploma Holders (only 10+2+3) from a recognized university (UGC/AICTE/DEC/AIU/State Government) in any discipline.
- For International Participants – Graduation or equivalent degree from any recognized University or Institution in their respective country.
- Proficiency in English, spoken & written is mandatory.
- Mathematics as a subject up to Class XII.
- Familiarity with Python and R is desirable but not mandatory.
- Knowledge of basic programming concepts will be beneficial.
- This course is entirely hands-on and so it is recommended, though not a necessity that students have two devices – one to follow the lecture, and the other for hands-on practice on Python and R (laptop/desktop) .
Prof. Pitabas Mohanty
Prof. Pitabas Mohanty is a Fellow of the Indian Institute of Management, Bangalore. He was a Senior Visiting Scholar at Stern School of Business, New York University in 2009-10. A Gold Medalist in MA (Applied Economics), he is also a Chartered Financial Analyst and a cost accountant.
On the payment of all due fees and successful completion of the course, participants will be awarded a certificate of completion of the Executive Development Program in Data Science Using Python, Excel and R, issued by XLRI.
Case study learning
Hands-on learning using case studies, projects and simulations
Live & Interactive Digital Learning
Live tutored classes not recorded sessions
Scheduled classes at convenient timings for working professionals
Interactive live sessions with Industry stalwarts
Mobile platform enabled
Seamless learning on all screens; desktop, laptop, tabs & mobiles through app and browsers
Classroom based learning
Interactive in session peer to peer and with faculty discussions for in-depth learning against isolated learning of recorded sessions
The best lectures that I have ever attended! They have truly pulled up my performance standards in office. As a result of the sessions I have been able to create and work on MIS reports for my project. Thank you so much!
Process Lead, Capgemini Technology Services
Feb 2018 Batch
It is an awesome experience, learning through an online program. It has brought together participants from various regions working in different domains. I strongly believe that anyone can learn such courses, if they have interest. Thanks to Talentedge for connecting us with faculty from such a reputed institute – XLRI.
Dr. Lakshmi K
Professor, Sri Venkateswara College of Pharmacy
Nov 2016 Batch
Professor Soumyakanti has really understood the online medium well and is able to connect & pass on his knowledge with supreme ease and effectiveness.
Sr. Manager, State Street Syntel Services Pvt. Ltd
Nov 2016 Batch
Subject contents were excellent and professor was able to explain ground reality logic to our satisfaction. Hats off!
Sreekumar Shivashankaran Nair
Deputy Manager, ICICI Bank Limited
Nov 2016 Batch
Effective peer-to-peer learning and very healthy relationship between the professor and students in terms of information delivery.
Senior Research Associate, Cognizant Technology Solutions
Nov 2016 Batch
I think this is a great interface to share your knowledge and expertise. Such interfaces make you realize that distance is not a parameter when you want to reach people. I have taken in many things that I find useful today in my regular work.
Feb 2015 Batch
Public Relations & Corporate Communications
Louis Vuitton Moët Hennessy India
Deputy Manager - Corporate Marketing (Graphics)
Sr. Manager - Digital Initiatives
Senior Manager - Business Development
Manikaran Power Ltd
Conference Producer and Editor
International Finance Magazine
The primary method of instruction will be through LIVE lectures that will be beamed online via Internet to student desktops/laptops or classrooms. The pedagogy will comprise lectures, case walkthroughs, and analytical exercises imparted by XLRI’s faculty. Concepts will be explained using examples drawn from the real life. All enrolled students will also be provided access to the Cloud Campus through which students may access other learning aids, reference materials and assessments, case studies, projects and assignments as appropriate. Throughout the duration of the course, students will have the flexibility to reach out to the professors, real time during the class or offline via the Cloud Campus to raise questions and clear their doubts.
A minimum of 70% attendance to the LIVE lectures is a prerequisite for the successful completion of this course. There are periodic evaluations built in throughout the duration of the course. These maybe in the form of a quiz, assignment, project, case studies or other objective/subjective assessments. The evaluations are designed to ensure continuous student engagement with the course and encourage learning. Participants who successfully complete the same along with the requisite attendance criteria, an end course assessment and project work will be awarded a certificate of completion by XLRI. Participants who are unable to clear the evaluation criteria but have the requisite attendance will be awarded a participation certificate by XLRI.
XLRI is one of India’s leading management school based in Jamshedpur, Jharkhand, India. Established in 1949 as the Xavier Labor Relations Institute, by Fr. Quinn Enright, XLRI is acknowledged as India’s oldest business management school.
XLRI with its single vision of Magis, i.e., pursuit of excellence, focuses on three areas: academic excellence, personal values and social concern. XLRI spares no effort to make its curriculum world-class and deliver it in the most effective manner. It constantly scans the developments in business and in society and tries to pro-act to meet the challenges. Its world-class faculty with its commitment and deep sense of service delivers the curriculum very effectively.
Consistently being acknowledged as the Best “HR Course” in Asia–Pacific, it has also been recognized for its research acumen by the London Business School and is ranked among top 5 research schools in India cutting across management and technical institutes. For more details, visit www.xlri.ac.in
XLRI features consistently among the top 5 business schools of the country. In 2012 XLRI was ranked No. 4 among top 75 B-schools in India across Private and Government sector by Outlook India. Among other rankings, it was ranked #5 by the 2012 edition of CNBC-TV18′ s Top B-Schools in India, #4 by the Business Today 50 best business schools of 2012, #3 by Business World B Schools Unplugged.
|For Indian Residents||
Rs. 80,000+ GST*
Payment Deadline: 18/07/2019
|For International Students||
Payment Deadline: 18/07/2019
|1st Instalment||2nd Instalment||3rd Instalment|
Rs. 30,000 + GST*
Payment Deadline: 18/07/2019
Rs. 20,000 + GST*
Payment Deadline: 21/10/2019
Rs. 30,000 + GST*
Payment Deadline: 20/01/2020
All applications for this course must be made through an Online Application Form.
In case payment is being made online through Credit Card/Debit Card, please ensure that you have the Credit Card/Debit Card with you at the time of filling out the Application Form. If you have opted to pay the Application Fee/Instalments of the Fee through Demand Draft/Pay Orders, then please ensure that the Demand Draft/Pay Orders for the applicable amount is made favoring “XLRI Jamshedpur” payable at Jamshedpur and is sent to the address provided below along with the downloaded copy of your Application Form. Please ensure that you write your Name, REGID, Course Name and Contact number at the back of your Demand Draft/Pay Order.
All Demand Draft/Pay Orders along with a downloaded copy of your Application Form must be sent to.
Student Relations Manager,
21, Institutional Area, Sector 32,
Gurgaon 122001, Haryana, INDIA.
The program fee is payable in instalments as per the instalment schedule provided. In the event of late payment of Instalment 1 or any other subsequent Instalments, a Late Fee is leviable as follows.
- A Late fee of Rs.1000 + Tax will be charged to the Participant, if the instalment is paid within 7 days from the due date published on the instalment schedule.
- A Late fee of Rs.2500 + Tax will be charged to the Participant, if the instalment is paid between 8 days from the due date to within 14 days from due date as published on the instalment schedule.
- If the Fee Instalment is not received within 14 days from the due date, then the Participant shall be considered a dropout and a Rejoining Fee of Rs.5000 + tax will be charged to the Participant if the Participant wishes to continue with and complete the program and rejoining can be accommodated as per program guidelines.
Cancellation by the Participant
- Requests for refund of fees on account of cancellation of enrolment shall be considered only if such requests are received prior to closure of registration or 21 days before date of course commencement whichever is earlier.
- In event that such valid requests for refund of fees are received, the application money shall be refunded after deducting a penalty of INR 5,000 + applicable taxes and GST for instalment(s) paid for Indian participants & USD 125 for foreign participants.
- In all other cases, no refund shall be made.
- A participant may opt for rescheduling to a later batch of the same program / another program of prior to commencement of the program. However, such intimation must be made by the participant at least fifteen days prior to the commencement of the program. The amounts paid by the participant shall be considered as advance payment towards the next batch / alternative program. Further, the participant shall have to pay an administrative charge of Rs.5000 plus applicable taxes (Indian participants) or USD 125 (foreign participants) for facilitating such rescheduling.
Cancellation by the Talentedge & Institute
Talentedge & the Institute, reserves the right to cancel courses at any time owing to reasons like insufficient enrolments, trainer indisposition or force majeure events. In the event that Talentedge or the Institute cancels a scheduled course, the student will receive full fee refund for the same. All refunds will be processed within 30 days of receipt of a valid refund request.
2.5 quintillion bytes of data is generated every day. Organizations are investing in tools to gather data at various touchpoints and want to reach newer markets, acquire new customers and get more out of the current resources with the information...
The program on Strategic Performance Management is a multi-functional program. It is targeted at executives with a minimum of 4 years of work experience, predominantly focusing on leadership level and those in the process of preparing for such...
Supply Chain Management has emerged as one of the key areas of management, promising tremendous opportunities for cost optimization and for maximizing customer value. In a competitive marketplace, an organization can gain advantage by working...