Learn to manage invariably complex issues in Logistics and Supply Chain
• A dynamic supply chain can decrease purchasing and production costs for both sellers and manufacturers.
• Research has showcased that 79% of companies with robust supply chains achieve revenue growth greater than the average within their industries.
• 24.7% of supply chain professionals say that delivery costs are the biggest challenge for B2C e-commerce companies.
• Transportation management systems can improve freight savings by up to 8%
All organizations need to ensure that their goods are procured/manufactured at the lowest cost and meet the company’s expectations in terms of timely delivery, quality, quantity and location. This is essential for providing the best customer experience and to ensure your superiority over the competition. However, Understanding the problems and issues within the respective fields of logistics and supply chain are invariably complex and require clear reasoning and analysis. More so, the decision making in supply chain management often requires not only technical competencies from those individuals involved, but also requires them to possess competencies of a more managerial nature.
This online course in supply chain management aims to equip participants with the required depth & balance of technical and managerial competencies to succeed in this domain. It is designed to enable participants with the knowledge of functions, management and operations of logistics & supply chain systems.
Build technical & managerial competencies
In this all-encompassing course, learn to apply not only technical but also managerial competencies in complex supply chain business scenarios
Sessions by experienced XLRI faculty & industry experts
In-depth understanding of the various facets of supply chain & their interdependencies along with peer learning from professionals across different geographies & work environments
Hands-on exposure to relevant software and tools
Understand problems & issues within the respective fields of logistics & supply chain and learn to solve them with reasoning & analysis
Most comprehensive course in Logistics & Supply Chain
Gain knowledge of the functions, management & operations of the logistics and supply chain systems in relation to different environments
Certificate of Completion from XLRI
On successful completion of the course, get certified by XLRI Jamshedpur, one of the most premier institutes in the country
3 day immersive On-Campus module at XLRI Jamshedpur
Get an opportunity to interact with XLRI’s faculty face to face and also experience the prestigious campus at XLRI Jamshedpur
Who should attend
- For Indian Participants – Graduates (10+2+3) or Diploma Holders (only 10+2+3) from a recognized university (UGC/AICTE/DEC/AIU/State Government) in any discipline.
- For International Participants – Graduation or equivalent degree from any recognized University or Institution in their respective country.
- Proficiency in English, spoken & written is mandatory.
- Minimum of 2 years of work experience.
Dr. Vijayaraghavan is a Professor in the area of Production, Operations Management and Decision Sciences Area & Information Systems at XLRI, Jamshedpur. He also serves as the Associate Dean (International and Corporate Programes) and Chairperson, Center for Logistics and Supply Chain Management at XLRI.
On the payment of all due fees and upon satisfying the requisite attendance and evaluation/certification criteria of the Executive Certificate Program in Logistics And Supply Chain Management, participants will be awarded a certificate of completion issued by XLRI.
Live & Interactive Digital Learning
Live tutored classes not recorded sessions
Interactive live sessions with Industry stalwarts
Convenient class schedule
Scheduled classes at convenient timings for working professionals
One on one interactions
All classes are delivered live by the eminent faculty encouraging interactive discussions and query resolution
Live tech support
In session tech support on chat and call for immediate support
Classroom based learning
Interactive in session peer to peer and with faculty discussions for in-depth learning against isolated learning of recorded sessions
Dedicated Career Advancement Services Team
Leverage innovative strategies for high career growth from Right Management (a ManpowerGroup company)
The primary method of instruction will be through LIVE lectures that will be beamed online via Internet to student desktops/laptops or classrooms. The pedagogy comprises lectures by XLRI faculty, case discussions, and hands on exposure to relevant software and tools. Concepts will be explained using examples drawn from the real life and will cover current trends and market practices. All enrolled students will also be provided access to our SLIQ Cloud Campus through which students may access other learning aids, reference materials, assessments, case studies, projects and assignments as appropriate. Throughout the duration of the course, students will have the flexibility to reach out to the professors, real time during the class or offline via our SLIQ Cloud Campus to raise questions and clear doubts.
A minimum of 70% attendance to the LIVE lectures is a prerequisite for the successful completion of this course. There are periodic evaluations built in throughout the duration of the course. These maybe in the form of a quiz, assignment, project, case studies or other objective/subjective assessments. The evaluations are designed ensure continuous student engagement with the course and encourage learning. Participants who successfully complete the same along with the requisite attendance criteria, will be awarded a Certificate of Completion by XLRI. Participants who are unable to clear the evaluation criteria but have the requisite attendance will be awarded a participation certificate by XLRI
XLRI is one of India’s leading management school based in Jamshedpur, Jharkhand, India. Established in 1949 as the Xavier Labor Relations Institute, by Fr. Quinn Enright, XLRI is acknowledged as India’s oldest business management school.
XLRI with its single vision of Magis, i.e., pursuit of excellence, focuses on three areas: academic excellence, personal values and social concern. XLRI spares no effort to make its curriculum world-class and deliver it in the most effective manner. It constantly scans the developments in business and in society and tries to pro-act to meet the challenges. Its world-class faculty with its commitment and deep sense of service delivers the curriculum very effectively.
Consistently being acknowledged as the Best “HR Course” in Asia–Pacific, it has also been recognized for its research acumen by the London Business School and is ranked among top 5 research schools in India cutting across management and technical institutes. For more details, visit www.xlri.ac.in
XLRI features consistently among the top 5 business schools of the country. In 2012 XLRI was ranked No. 4 among top 75 B-schools in India across Private and Government sector by Outlook India. Among other rankings, it was ranked #5 by the 2012 edition of CNBC-TV18′ s Top B-Schools in India, #4 by the Business Today 50 best business schools of 2012, #3 by Business World B Schools Unplugged.
- Descriptive Statistics
- Statistical Distributions
- Linear Programming
- Transportation Problems
- Assignment Problems
- Fundamentals of Production and Operations Management
- Interface areas with Logistics and Supply chain Areas
- Principles of Project Management
- PERT/CPM etc.
- Legal Aspects of Movement of Goods
- Legal Framework of Business
- GST etc.
- Concepts and Views of Supply Chain Management
- Drivers of Performance
- Efficiency and Responsiveness of SCM
- Strategic Fit
- Basic tools of forecasting like Times Series, Regression etc.
- Concepts and Leverage Principle of Purchasing
- Procurement and Purchasing Principles
- Negotiation and Contracting
- Project Buying etc.
- Basic Notions of Inventory Costs
- Inventory Models
- Service Levels
- Tradeoffs in Inventory Decisions
- JIT and Multi-echelon inventory
- Role of IT in SCM
- IT-enabled SCM
- Latest Developments like Blockchain, IoT etc.
- Basic Role of Warehousing in SCM
- Locational Considerations
- Space Management
- Warehouse Operations and Performance
- Notions of Transportation Decisions
- Tradeoffs in Selecting Modes
- Consolidation and Cross docking
- Network Analysis
- Routing and Scheduling
- Cost Modeling
- Transport Contracting and 3PL
|For Indian Residents||
Rs. 140,000+ GST*
Payment Deadline: 05/03/2020
|For International Students||
Payment Deadline: 05/03/2020
|1st Instalment||2nd Instalment||3rd Instalment||4th Instalment|
Rs. 35,000 + GST*
Payment Deadline: 05/03/2020
Rs. 15,000 + GST*
Payment Deadline: 26/06/2020
Rs. 45,000 + GST*
Payment Deadline: 05/10/2020
Rs. 45,000 + GST*
Payment Deadline: 15/01/2021
All applications for this course must be made through an Online Application Form.
In case payment is being made online through Credit Card/Debit Card, please ensure that you have the Credit Card/Debit Card with you at the time of filling out the Application Form. If you have opted to pay the Application Fee/Instalments of the Fee through Demand Draft/Pay Orders, then please ensure that the Demand Draft/Pay Orders for the applicable amount is made favoring “XLRI Jamshedpur” payable at Jamshedpur and is sent to the address provided below along with the downloaded copy of your Application Form. Please ensure that you write your Name, REGID, Course Name and Contact number at the back of your Demand Draft/Pay Order.
All Demand Draft/Pay Orders along with a downloaded copy of your Application Form must be sent to:
Student Relations Manager,
21, Institutional Area, Sector 32,
Gurgaon 122001, Haryana, INDIA.
The course fee is payable in instalments as per the instalment schedule provided. In the event of late payment of Instalment 1 or any other subsequent Instalments, a Late Fee is leviable as follows.
- A Late fee of INR 1000 + GST will be charged to the Participant, if the instalment is paid within 7 days from the due date published on the instalment schedule.
- A Late fee of INR 2500 + GST will be charged to the Participant, if the instalment is paid between 8 days from the due date to within 14 days from due date as published on the instalment schedule.
- If the Fee Instalment is not received within 14 days from the due date, then the Participant shall be considered a dropout and a Rejoining Fee of INR 5000 + GST will be charged to the Participant if the Participant wishes to continue with and complete the course and rejoining can be accommodated as per course guidelines.
Cancellation by the Participant
- Requests for refund of fees on account of cancellation of enrolment shall be considered only if such requests are received prior to closure of registration or 21 days before date of course commencement whichever is earlier.
- In event that such valid requests for refund of fees are received, the application money shall be refunded after deducting a penalty of INR 5,000 + applicable taxes and GST for instalment(s) paid for Indian participants & USD 125 for foreign participants.
- In all other cases, no refund shall be made.
- A participant may opt for rescheduling to a later batch of the same course / another course of prior to commencement of the course. However, such intimation must be made by the participant at least fifteen days prior to the commencement of the course. The amounts paid by the participant shall be considered as advance payment towards the next batch / alternative course. Further, the participant shall have to pay an administrative charge of INR 5000 plus applicable taxes (Indian participants) or USD 125 (foreign participants) for facilitating such rescheduling.
Cancellation by Talentedge & Institute
Talentedge & the Institute, reserve the right to cancel courses at any time owing to reasons like insufficient enrolments, trainer indisposition or force majeure events. In the event that Talentedge or the Institute cancels a scheduled course, the student will receive full fee refund for the same. All refunds will be processed within 30 days of receipt of a valid refund request.
This course is designed with an aim to provide students with a 360 degree view of various practical and applicable aspects of marketing and brand management that includes understanding different types of markets, competition, buyer behaviour and...