Harness the power of strategic management for effective decision making
Strategic management is no longer the prerogative of top management or corporate headquarter. Middle-level managers are playing a crucial role in the process of organizational decision making. Though they heavily contribute to the strategic decision-making process, which defines the path and the pace of the organization, many middle-level managers are not fully aware of the various tools and frameworks of strategic management. Thinking primarily at the operational level often binds organizations into silos of partitioned thought. A strategic perspective enables liberation from these silos and promotes achievement of goals at the organization level. In recent years, there has been much discussion on organizational competencies and organization resources as the starting point of strategy. Hence, this program intends to explore the confluence of organization-level resources and competencies with industry-level opportunities and challenges associated with today’s rapidly evolving globalized world.
The program specifically aims to enable the participants:
• To understand the tools and frameworks in strategic management,
• To analyze organizational resources and competencies,
• To appreciate the difference between business-level and corporate-level strategies
• To explore the importance of strategic innovation and strategic transformation
• To understand the relevance of macro-level factors such as globalization or policy reforms for
pursuing sustainable growth strategies
Build a strategic roadmap for your organization
Learn to define the direction of your organization by contributing to formulation & implementation of strategy to solve problems.
Leading theoretical perspectives
Exposure to all the relevant frameworks in strategy including leading theoretical perspectives in strategy, process of resource analysis, management and acquisition.
Most comprehensive executive course on strategy
Course covers the entire gamut of strategy - including relevance for small & new ventures and large international firms, and from corporate strategy to operational strategy, and from formulation to implementation.
Broaden your outlook while making business decisions
Pedagogy designed with project work to provide practical implementation of strategic tools and framework.
Opportunity to earn a Certificate of Completion from XLRI
Upon successful completion of the course, participants will get a certificate of completion from XLRI.
Who should attend
- For Indian Participants – Graduates (10+2+3) or Diploma Holders (only 10+2+3) from a recognized University (UGC/AICTE/DEC/AIU/State Government) in any discipline.
- For International Participants – Graduation or equivalent degree from any recognized University or Institution in their respective country.
- Proficiency in English, spoken & written is mandatory.
- Working professionals with a minimum of 4 years of work experience.
Prof. Apalak Khatua
Prof. Apalak Khatua is an Associate Professor in the Strategic Management area at the XLRI–Xavier School of Management, Jamshedpur, India. Earlier, he was a faculty at IIM Tiruchirappalli. He received his Ph.D. from IIM Calcutta, India. His research mostly focuses on corporate decision making, governance issues and globalization challenges of Indian corporate sector. Dr Khatua is also interested in applying machine learning techniques on social media data for investigating various socio-economic issues. He has published and presented his research works at reputed international conferences, and published his research papers in conference proceedings and journals. Dr Khatua teaches Strategic Management, International Business, Innovation Management and Blue Ocean Strategy to MBA students and also mentors in executive programs for working professionals from various public and private sector companies. Before joining the Ph.D. program, Dr Khatua did his graduation from Indian Institute of Engineering Science and Technology (IIEST), Shibpur (formerly B. E. College), and has also worked as an architect.
Post the payment of all due fees and upon satisfying the requisite attendance & evaluation criteria of the Executive Development Program in Strategic Management, participants will be awarded a certificate of completion issued by XLRI Jamshedpur. Rest will be awarded a participation certificate.
Live & Interactive Digital Learning
Live tutored classes, not recorded sessions
Scheduled classes at convenient timings for working professionals
AI & ML Powered Mobile platform enabled
Seamless learning on all screens; desktop, laptop, tabs & mobiles through app and browsers
One on one interactions
All classes are delivered live by the eminent faculty encouraging interactive discussions and query resolution
Dedicated Student support
Student relationship managers for dedicated support for all requirements of the students
Live tech support
In session tech support on chat and call for immediate support
Dedicated Career Advancement Services Team
Leverage innovative strategies for high career growth from Right Management (a ManpowerGroup company)
The primary method of instruction will be through LIVE lectures that will be beamed online via the Internet to student desktops/laptops or classrooms. The pedagogy will comprise lectures by XLRI faculties and will be taught with the help of corporate anecdotes and participative discussion. One textbook will be prescribed for the course. Additionally, each of the faculty teaching the modules may share their material/presentations. All enrolled students will also be provided access to our SLIQ Cloud Campus through which students may access other learning aids, reference materials, assessments, case studies, projects and assignments as appropriate. Throughout the course, students will have the flexibility to reach out to the professors, real-time during the class, or offline via our SLIQ Cloud Campus to raise questions and clear doubts.
A minimum of 70% attendance to the LIVE lectures is a prerequisite for the successful completion of this course. The evaluation components of the course include one comprehensive end course assessment and a project-based assignment. Participants who successfully complete the same with a minimum of 40% of marks in the two components combined and satisfy the requisite attendance criteria, will be awarded a Certificate of Completion by XLRI. Participants who are unable to clear the evaluation criteria but have the requisite attendance, will be awarded a participation certificate by XLRI.
XLRI is one of India’s leading management school based in Jamshedpur, Jharkhand, India. Established in 1949 as the Xavier Labor Relations Institute, by Fr. Quinn Enright, XLRI is acknowledged as India’s oldest business management school.
XLRI with its single vision of Magis, i.e., pursuit of excellence, focuses on three areas: academic excellence, personal values and social concern. XLRI spares no effort to make its curriculum world-class and deliver it in the most effective manner. It constantly scans the developments in business and in society and tries to pro-act to meet the challenges. Its world-class faculty with its commitment and deep sense of service delivers the curriculum very effectively.
Consistently being acknowledged as the Best “HR Course” in Asia–Pacific, it has also been recognized for its research acumen by the London Business School and is ranked among top 5 research schools in India cutting across management and technical institutes. For more details, visit www.xlri.ac.in
XLRI features consistently among the top 5 business schools of the country. In 2012 XLRI was ranked No. 4 among top 75 B-schools in India across Private and Government sector by Outlook India. Among other rankings, it was ranked #5 by the 2012 edition of CNBC-TV18′ s Top B-Schools in India, #4 by the Business Today 50 best business schools of 2012, #3 by Business World B Schools Unplugged.
|For Indian Residents||
Rs. 75,000+ GST*
Payment Deadline: 24/10/2019
|For International Students||
Payment Deadline: 24/10/2019
|1st Instalment||2nd Instalment||3rd Instalment|
Rs. 30,000 + GST*
Payment Deadline: 24/10/2019
Rs. 15,000 + GST*
Payment Deadline: 27/01/2020
Rs. 30,000 + GST*
Payment Deadline: 20/05/2020
All applications for this course must be made through an Online Application Form.
In case payment is being made online through Credit Card/Debit Card, please ensure that you have the Credit Card/Debit Card with you at the time of filling out the Application Form. If you have opted to pay the Application Fee/Instalments of the Fee through Demand Draft/Pay Orders, then please ensure that the Demand Draft/Pay Orders for the applicable amount is made favoring “Arrina Education Services Private Limited” payable at Mumbai and is sent to the address provided below along with the downloaded copy of your Application Form. Please ensure that you write your Name, Course Name and Contact number at the back of your Demand Draft/Pay Order.
All Demand Draft/Pay Orders along with a downloaded copy of your Application Form must be sent to.
Student Relations Manager,
21, Institutional Area, Sector 32,
Gurgaon 122003, Haryana, INDIA.
The course fee is payable in instalments as per the instalment schedule provided. In the event of late payment of Instalment 1 or any other subsequent Instalments, a Late Fee is leviable as follows.
- A Late fee of INR 1000 + GST will be charged to the Participant, if the instalment is paid within 7 days from the due date published on the instalment schedule.
- A Late fee of INR 2500 + GST will be charged to the Participant, if the instalment is paid between 8 days from the due date to within 14 days from due date as published on the instalment schedule.
- If the Fee Instalment is not received within 14 days from the due date, then the Participant shall be considered a dropout and a Rejoining Fee of INR 5000 + GST will be charged to the Participant if the Participant wishes to continue with and complete the course and rejoining can be accommodated as per course guidelines.
Cancellation by the Participant
- Requests for refund of fees on account of cancellation of enrolment shall be considered only if such requests are received prior to closure of registration or 21 days before date of course commencement whichever is earlier.
- In event that such valid requests for refund of fees are received, the application money shall be refunded after deducting a penalty of INR 5,000 + applicable taxes and GST for instalment(s) paid for Indian participants & USD 125 for foreign participants.
- In all other cases, no refund shall be made.
- A participant may opt for rescheduling to a later batch of the same course / another course of prior to commencement of the course. However, such intimation must be made by the participant at least fifteen days prior to the commencement of the course. The amounts paid by the participant shall be considered as advance payment towards the next batch / alternative course. Further, the participant shall have to pay an administrative charge of INR 5000 plus applicable taxes (Indian participants) or USD 125 (foreign participants) for facilitating such rescheduling.
Cancellation by Talentedge & Institute
Talentedge & the Institute, reserve the right to cancel courses at any time owing to reasons like insufficient enrolments, trainer indisposition or force majeure events. In the event that Talentedge or the Institute cancels a scheduled course, the student will receive full fee refund for the same. All refunds will be processed within 30 days of receipt of a valid refund request.
This course is designed with an aim to provide students with a 360 degree view of various practical and applicable aspects of marketing and brand management that includes understanding different types of markets, competition, buyer behaviour and...