Make a difference to your Business with Successful Project Management practices
In today’s world of business, scale and the ability to successfully manage business projects are critical skills for the sustained profitability and existence of organizations. Moreover, most members of organizations are involved in project-related activities in some way or the other. With greater dynamism and complexity of business & macro-environment, project management skills and knowledge have become a requisite across different levels of the organizational structure. Unlike most other courses that take a narrow view of project management, this course covers issues relating to the operational, financial, stakeholder, and legal aspects of project management to develop a holistic approach for the evaluation and management of Businesses & IT Projects.
This course aims to provide a holistic view of Project Management that would not only cover modern tools & techniques, but also topics such as project governance, change management, financial aspects, project audit, and project performance assessment as well. The course also maintains a healthy blend of inputs from highly reputed faculty of XLRI and industry experts.
Certificate from XLRI
Opportunity to earn a Certificate of Completion from XLRI upon successful course completion. XLRI is among the top 5 business schools in India
Learn alongside experienced professionals
Opportunities for peer learning in a group setting of high-experience professionals
Insights into current Project Management trends
Association with an industry collaborator to share current domain trends and contemporary practices
Separate modules for IT and Non-IT Project Managers
Participants can also choose to pursue both custom modules on payment of an additional fee of Rs.18,000 + GST
Study Materials and MS Project License included in the course fee
Hands-on interface with project simulations & practical exercises on tools including MS Project
Who Should Attend
- For Indian Participants – Graduates (10+2+3) or Diploma Holders (only 10+2+3) from a recognized university (UGC/AICTE/DEC/AIU/State Government) in any discipline
- For International Participants – Graduation or equivalent degree from any recognized University or Institution in their respective country
- Proficiency in English, spoken & written is mandatory
- Participants of this program are required to have access to devices (laptop/desktop) with operating systems of Windows 7 or higher (home/student/professional edition of Windows) as you will be required to install MS Project as a part of this program
- Minimum of 8 years of work experience, of which at least 3 years must have been in a project management role OR at least 5 years in a project execution role
Dr Santosh Sangem
Joined XLRI Finance Area in 2009. His primary teaching interests include Accounting, Management Control Systems, Bank Management, Financial Markets, and Corporate Finance.
Professor Rajiv Misra is a mechanical engineer from IIT Roorkee and has done his post-graduation in Industrial Engineering from the State University of New York, Buffalo, USA.
Post the payment of all due fees and upon satisfying the requisite attendance criteria of 70% & clearing the evaluation components, participants will be awarded a certificate of completion issued by XLRI. Participants who are unable to clear the evaluation criteria but have the requisite attendance, will be awarded a certificate of participation by XLRI.
Live & Interactive Digital Learning
Live tutored classes not recorded sessions
One On One Interactions
All classes are delivered live by the eminent faculty encouraging interactive discussions and query resolution
Case Study Learning
Hands-on learning using case studies, projects and simulations
Scheduled classes at convenient timings for working professionals
Be a part of rich Alumni Network
Interactive live sessions with industry stalwarts
Dedicated Career Advancement Services Team
Leverage innovative strategies for high career growth from Right Management (a ManpowerGroup company)
After gaining decades of experience in Project Management, I was a bit sceptical about going back to learning in a classroom setting, albeit it was online, but all my inhibitions were cleared the moment I attended the first lecture of the Executive Development Program in Project Management from XLRI Jamshedpur. Professor Rajiv and Professor Santosh are both extraordinarily great educators and I’m glad that I got to learn from them. The entire journey of the program can be summarised in just one word – Phenomenal. And last, but not the least, hats off to Talentedge and its exceedingly innovative and state of the art learning platform for making this experience possible.
Assistant Vice President - HVDC Projects, ABB India
Jun 2018 Batch
The entire journey of pursuing the Project Management course for 8 months has been a wonderful experience. I extend my heartfelt gratitude to XLRI, Talentedge and above all else, Prof Sangem and Prof Misra for providing me this incredible learning opportunity.
The best factor of this course, in my opinion, was equal focus on both Business & IT Projects. The option to choose my own learning path through electives was extremely beneficial. I would genuinely recommend this program to all who are planning to venture into the domain of Project Management.
Jesintha Vijaya Maria Perika
Scrum Master, J P Morgan Chase
May 2016 Batch
It was indeed a very well designed course covering all aspects of Project Management in depth. Off course, I would have loved to spent more time of some of the points like Risk Management, Negotiations, etc. Thanks to Talentedge for providing this platform (combination of technology & talent) and XLRI for making it worth by their teachings. Faculties were well experienced and SMEs who made the session interactive and attractive. Overall it was an excellent and enriching experience to me.
Associate Manager - Project Management, HOWE ENGINEERING PROJECTS (I) PVT. LTD
Nov 2017 Batch
Deputy Manager - Corporate Marketing (Graphics)
Sr. Manager - Digital Initiatives
Marketing and Communication
Senior Manager - Business Development
Manikaran Power Ltd
Conference Producer and Editor
International Finance Magazine
The primary method of instruction will be through LIVE lectures that will be beamed online via Internet to student desktops/laptops or classrooms. The pedagogy will comprise lectures by XLRI faculty, sessions by industry collaborators, hands on exposure to project simulations, tools and workshop. Concepts will be explained using examples drawn from real life and will cover current trends and market practices. All enrolled students will also be provided access to our SLIQ Cloud Campus through which students may access other learning aids, reference materials, assessments, case studies, projects and assignments as appropriate. Throughout the duration of the course, students will have the flexibility to reach out to the professors, real time during the class or via our SLIQ Cloud Campus to raise questions and clear doubts. This course is suited for professionals in both IT and Non-IT domains and comprises a total of 7 modules. The first 6 modules are common for both IT & Non-IT participants. The last module is a custom module and participants will be given the choice to select any one of the two modules. There may be participants who would be interested in completing both the custom modules. In case participants wish to attend both custom modules, an additional fee of Rs.18,000 + GST will become payable.
A minimum of 70% attendance to the LIVE lectures is a prerequisite for the successful completion of this course. There are periodic evaluations built in throughout the duration of the course. These may be in the form of a quiz, assignment, project, case studies or other objective/subjective assessments. The evaluations are designed to ensure continuous student engagement with the course and encourage learning. Participants, who successfully complete the same along with the requisite attendance criteria, will be awarded a Certificate of Completion by XLRI. Participants who are unable to clear the evaluation criteria but have the requisite attendance will be awarded a participation certificate by XLRI.
XLRI is one of India’s leading management school based in Jamshedpur, Jharkhand, India. Established in 1949 as the Xavier Labor Relations Institute, by Fr. Quinn Enright, XLRI is acknowledged as India’s oldest business management school.
XLRI with its single vision of Magis, i.e., pursuit of excellence, focuses on three areas: academic excellence, personal values and social concern. XLRI spares no effort to make its curriculum world-class and deliver it in the most effective manner. It constantly scans the developments in business and in society and tries to pro-act to meet the challenges. Its world-class faculty with its commitment and deep sense of service delivers the curriculum very effectively.
Consistently being acknowledged as the Best “HR Course” in Asia–Pacific, it has also been recognized for its research acumen by the London Business School and is ranked among top 5 research schools in India cutting across management and technical institutes. For more details, visit www.xlri.ac.in
XLRI features consistently among the top 5 business schools of the country. In 2012 XLRI was ranked No. 4 among top 75 B-schools in India across Private and Government sector by Outlook India. Among other rankings, it was ranked #5 by the 2012 edition of CNBC-TV18′ s Top B-Schools in India, #4 by the Business Today 50 best business schools of 2012, #3 by Business World B Schools Unplugged.
- What the Program is all about
- Unique Challenges in the Project Management Environment
- Tools and Steps in Project Planning
- Introduction to Frameworks for Project Management (Agile, PMBOK)
- CPM & PERT
- Critical Chain Project Management
- Project Management Simulation Exercise – Scope, Resources & Scheduling
- An Introduction to MS-Project
- Interpreting the output of an MS-Project Report
- Applications to Technical Scheduling and Resource Scheduling
- Resource Levelling
- Tracking and Monitoring Project Progress
- Application of Financial Techniques for Analysis of Projects (NPV, IRR, Payback, Discounted Payback)
- Earned Value Management
- Project Budgeting & Cost Control
- Project Cost Estimation & Cost Reduction Strategies for Ongoing Projects
- Financial Risk Assessment
- Designing a Project Risk Management Plan (Risk Identification, Risk Prioritization, Risk Response, Risk Management Strategies)
- Stakeholder Analysis & Management
- Manpower Planning & Staffing in Projects
- Managing Teams in Projects
- Performance Assessment & Evaluation of Project Teams
- Application of the ADKAR framework for Change Management
- PMO Charters & Project Management Policies
- Project Portfolio Management
- Business Law Concepts for the Indian Project Management Scenario (Selected Concepts from Contract Law & Sale of Goods Law)
- Industrial Relations & Labor Laws for Project Teams
- Project Financing & Funding Alternatives
- Project Recovery
- Contract & Vendor Management
- Procurement Strategies for Projects
- Introduction to tools for linear projects like Metros etc. (TILOS)
- Basics of Forensic Schedule Analysis. Introduction to methods of Delay Analysis (Impacted as Planned, TIA etc.)
- Software Development Lifecycle & Software Project Management
- Deliverables Management in Software Projects – Software Maturity & Release Management, Technical Environment Management
- Software Project Management Methodologies – Agile, Managing ERP Projects, Offshore Delivery Project Management
- Project Planning, Resource Management, and Cost Estimation for IT Projects
- Quality Control, Software Vendor Management, and Contract Management for IT Projects
- Governance, Risk Management, and Change Management for IT Projects
|For Indian Residents||
Rs. 1,00,000 + GST
Payment Deadline: 14/01/2021
|For International Students||
Payment Deadline: 14/01/2021
|1st Instalment||2nd Instalment||3rd Instalment|
Rs. 35,000 + GST
Payment Deadline: 14/01/2021
Rs. 25,000 + GST
Payment Deadline: 05/04/2021
Rs. 40,000 + GST
Payment Deadline: 20/08/2021
All applications for this course must be made through an Online Application Form.
In case payment is being made online through Credit Card/Debit Card, please ensure that you have the Credit Card/Debit Card with you at the time of filling out the Application Form. If you have opted to pay the Application Fee/Instalments of the Fee through Demand Draft/Pay Orders, then please ensure that the Demand Draft/Pay Orders for the applicable amount is made favoring “XLRI Jamshedpur” payable at Jamshedpur and is sent to the address provided below along with the downloaded copy of your Application Form. Please ensure that you write your Name, REGID, Course Name and Contact number at the back of your Demand Draft/Pay Order.
All Demand Draft/Pay Orders along with a downloaded copy of your Application Form must be sent to:
Student Relations Manager,
21, Institutional Area, Sector 32,
Gurgaon 122001, Haryana, INDIA.
The program fee is payable in instalments as per the instalment schedule provided. In the event of late payment of Instalment 1 or any other subsequent Instalments, a Late Fee is leviable as follows.
- A Late fee of Rs.1000 + Tax will be charged to the Participant, if the instalment is paid within 7 days from the due date published on the instalment schedule.
- A Late fee of Rs.2500 + Tax will be charged to the Participant, if the instalment is paid between 8 days from the due date to within 14 days from due date as published on the instalment schedule.
- If the Fee Instalment is not received within 14 days from the due date, then the Participant shall be considered a dropout and a Rejoining Fee of Rs.5000 + tax will be charged to the Participant if the Participant wishes to continue with and complete the program and rejoining can be accommodated as per program guidelines.
- Requests for refund of fees on account of cancellation of enrolment shall be considered only if such requests are received prior to closure of registration or 21 days before date of course commencement whichever is earlier.
- In event that such valid requests for refund of fees are received, the application money shall be refunded after deducting a penalty of INR 5,000 + applicable taxes and GST for instalment(s) paid for Indian participants & USD 125 for foreign participants.
- In all other cases, no refund shall be made.
- A participant may opt for rescheduling to a later batch of the same program / another program of prior to commencement of the program. However, such intimation must be made by the participant at least fifteen days prior to the commencement of the program. The amounts paid by the participant shall be considered as advance payment towards the next batch / alternative program. Further, the participant shall have to pay an administrative charge of Rs.5000 plus applicable taxes (Indian participants) or USD 125 (foreign participants) for facilitating such rescheduling.
Cancellation by the TALENTEDGE & Institute
Talentedge & the Institute, reserves the right to cancel courses at any time owing to reasons like insufficient enrolments, trainer indisposition or force majeure events. In the event that Talentedge or the Institute cancels a scheduled course, the student will receive full fee refund for the same. All refunds will be processed within 30 days of receipt of a valid refund request.
This course is designed with an aim to provide students with a 360 degree view of various practical and applicable aspects of marketing and brand management that includes understanding different types of markets, competition, buyer behaviour and...