Gain the Foresight and Expertise to Identify and Manage Financial Risks
The increasing complexity and growth in the market value of financial assets and their derivatives highlight the need to manage investments in these securities, prudently and optimally. Professionals in financial institutions and corporates need a solid understanding of management and financial risk measurement. This course is designed to introduce various risk management concepts, tools, and techniques. Using an integrated approach, the course will emphasize on the design and implementation of risk management practices in financial institutions. It also deals with the mathematical ideas and the algorithms behind the construction of models for analyzing and managing risk in financial markets. Basically, this course purports to familiarize students with, and deepen their understanding of modern risk management concepts, theories, practices and trends.
At the end of this course, the participants will be able to:
- Understand the relationship between risk and reward, and explain how incentives can impact risk management
- Appreciate and understand the basic challenges in measuring and managing risk
- Evaluate and apply tools and procedures used to measure and manage financial risk
Practical and application oriented knowledge
Knowledge will be imparted through class exercises to develop hands on skills that can be applied to practical scenarios
Hands on exposure to various financial models and tools
Get exposed to various financial models for analyzing and managing risk using popular tools like Excel
Learn to measure, manage and evaluate financial risks
Appreciate and understand the basic challenges in measuring, managing and evaluating risk by applying popular financial tools and procedures
Implement Risk Management practices in your Organization
Learn to implement robust risk management measures to smoothly sail through the crisis situations
Certificate of Completion from IIM Kozhikode
On successful completion, you will receive certificate of completion from IIM Kozhikode
Who should attend
- For Indian Participants – Graduates (10+2+3) from a recognized university (UGC/AICTE/DEC/AIU/State Government) in any discipline
- For International Participants – Graduation or equivalent degree from any recognized University or Institution in their respective country
- Proficiency in English, spoken & written is mandatory
- An overall experience of minimum 5 years in financial institutions/finance department of non-financial firms, or at least 3 years in a managerial position in such enterprises
Dr. Jijo Lukose P J
Prof. Jijo Lukose P J, a doctorate from School of Management, IIT Bombay has designed and delivered training programs for banks and financial institutions including World Bank, ICICI Bank, Bank of America, CRISIL, Ashok Leyland Finance, Reserve Bank of India etc.
Prof. Sony Thomas
Prof. Sony Thomas is Ph.D. in Finance from Department of Management Studies, IIT Madras. He has conducted various training programs in Finance to private and public sector companies. Prior to joining IIMK, he worked with Deloitte Research and GE Money-MSE Financial Decision Sciences Lab.
Prof. Balagopal Gopalakrishnan
Dr Balagopal Gopalakrishnan earned his PhD in Finance and Accounting from Indian Institute of Management Ahmedabad. He is also an M.B.A in Finance from S P Jain School of Global Management and B.E. (E.C.E.) from National Institute of Technology, Surathkal, Karnataka. He obtained the FRM certification from GARP in 2011. Dr. Gopalakrishnan brings with him nearly 8 years of corporate experience in domains such as risk management and data analytics. His research interests are in banking, financing of firms, gold, and international finance.
Post the payment of all due fees and upon satisfying the requisite attendance and evaluation criteria of the Professional Certificate Program in Applied Financial Risk Management, participants will be awarded a certificate of completion issued by IIM Kozhikode. Participants who are unable to clear the evaluation criteria but have the requisite attendance will be awarded a Participation certificate.
Live & Interactive Digital Learning
Learn from anywhere
Learn without quitting job
Case study learning
Hands-on learning using case studies, projects and simulations
Interactive live sessions with Industry stalwarts
Mobile platform enabled
Seamless learning on all screens; desktop, laptop, tabs & mobiles through app and browsers
Classroom based learning
Interactive in session peer to peer and with faculty discussions for in-depth learning against isolated learning of recorded sessions
Dedicated Career Advancement Services Team
Leverage innovative strategies for high career growth from Right Management (a ManpowerGroup company)
Good interaction with all professors & all the professors possess extensive knowledge of the subject matter. This knowledge & certificate will definitely help me in my carrier growth.
Deputy Manager Finance, TATA BLUESCPOPESTEEL
Apr 2019 Batch
It was great learning experience as I was looking for deeper insights in Risk Management and application of theoratical knowledge including calculations on Excel Work book. The lectures were interactive and all my questions were addressed. Overall a great value addition for anyone looking for building career in Risk Management.
Senior Officer, Tata Asset Management Limited
Apr 2019 Batch
The primary method of instruction will be through LIVE lectures that will be beamed online via Internet to student desktops/laptops or classrooms. This course would use a mix of pedagogical tools such as lectures, case discussions and Excel simulations etc. in the learning process. Students are expected to read the textbooks or other assigned readings outside of class and participate in the critical evaluation of the material through class discussion and in-class exercise. The course may require participants to work on individual/group assignments and/or projects. The main objective of such assignments/projects will be to help the participants apply their conceptual learning in the program to actual organizational decision scenarios. All enrolled students will also be provided access to our SLIQ Cloud Campus through which students may access other learning aids, reference materials, assessments, case studies, projects and assignments as appropriate. Throughout the duration of the course, students will have the flexibility to reach out to the professors, real time during the class or offline via our SLIQ Cloud Campus to raise questions and clear doubts.
A minimum of 75% attendance to the Live Sessions is a prerequisite for the successful completion of this program. The program may require participants to work on individual/group assignments and/or projects and the participants will have to secure the minimum pass marks in the respective evaluation components. Evaluation methodology is the discretion of the faculty. The methodology includes online exams, case analysis, class contribution and any other component as decided by the faculty. Participants who successfully complete the same and satisfy the requisite attendance criteria, will be awarded a certificate of completion. Participants who are unable to clear the evaluation criteria but have the requisite attendance will be awarded a participation certificate.
About IIM Kozhikode
IIM Kozhikode was the fifth Indian Institute of Management, founded by Government of India in collaboration with Government of Kerala at Calicut in the year 1996. IIMK also holds the credit for having pioneered the Interactive Distance Learning (IDL) Program for working executives in India. Having started with 300 class contact hours in 2001-02, the year-long Executive Management Education is today the richest available in the country having 450 class contact hours. The Institute today is a leader in Faculty Development Programmes (FDP) and is the major QIP (Quality Improvement Programme) Centre of the All Indian Council of Technical Education, in the field of management education.
IIMK is also one of the few Centres for Development of Digital Libraries in the world and is a country leader. The Institute also has a strong International Exchange Programme for students and faculty with several leading Management Institutes in EU and ASEAN countries like SDA, Bacconi, Jonkoping, Sweden, Copenhagen Business School, Denmark, ESCAP-EAP, France; University of Queensland, Austria, Victoria University of Wellington and so on.
An active member of the Strategic Management Forum, IIMK lays stress on organizing Seminar/Conferences and conducts management programs for teachers. Leading Management Institutions like IIM Ahmedabad, Bangalore, Calcutta, Indore and Lucknow along with MDI, Gurgaon, XLRI, Jamshedpur and IIFT, New Delhi join hands to conduct week long faculty development programme on various subjects in the field of Strategic and general management.
IIM Kozhikode is ranked 5th amongst management institutes in India – According to the report by Business Today on India’s Best B Schools 2013.
- Introduction to Risk Management and basic risk types
- Volatility and Correlation
- Bond Fundamentals
- Portfolio Theory and CAPM
- Financial Returns, Modeling Risk Factors
- Monte Carlo Methods
- Financial markets, Institutions and Regulations
- Introduction to Derivatives
- Equity, Currency, and Commodity Markets
- Bonds, Interest Rate and Interest Rate Sensitivity
- VaR, Expected Shortfall (ES) and other Risk Measures
- Parametric, Historical Simulation and Monte Carlo Simulation
- Hedging with Derivatives
- Interest Rate Derivatives
- Non-linear (Option) Risk Models
- Case study on VaR, VaR Mapping, and VaR Backtesting
- Corporate Bonds, Credit Risk, and Credit Ratings
- Credit Risk Modelling and Credit Scores
- Estimating Default Probabilities and Credit VaR
- Credit Derivatives
- Securitization and Structured Obligations
- Operational Risk and Liquidity Risk
- Stress Testing, RAROC, and Economic Capital
- Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) and Review
|For Indian Residents||
Rs. 1,00,000 + GST
Payment Deadline: 21/01/2021
|For International Students||
Payment Deadline: 21/01/2021
|1st Instalment||2nd Instalment||3rd Instalment|
Rs. 35,000 + GST
Payment Deadline: 21/01/2021
Rs. 25,000 + GST
Payment Deadline: 01/04/2021
Rs. 40,000 + GST
Payment Deadline: 05/07/2021
All applications for this course must be made through an Online Application Form.
In case payment is being made online through Credit Card/Debit Card, please ensure that you have the Credit Card/Debit Card with you at the time of filling out the Application Form. If you have opted to pay the Application Fee/Instalments of the Fee through Demand Draft/Pay Orders, then please ensure that the Demand Draft/Pay Orders for the applicable amount is made favoring “IIM Kozhikode” payable at Kozhikode and is sent to the address provided below along with the downloaded copy of your Application Form. Please ensure that you write your Name, REGID, Course Name and Contact number at the back of your Demand Draft/Pay Order.
All Demand Draft/Pay Orders along with a downloaded copy of your Application Form must be sent to.
Student Relations Manager,
21, Institutional Area, Sector 32,
Gurgaon 122001, Haryana, INDIA.
The Course fee is payable in instalments as per the instalment schedule provided. In the event of late payment of Instalment 1 or any other subsequent Instalments, a Late Fee is leviable as follows.
- A Late fee of INR 1000 + GST will be charged to the Participant, if the instalment is paid within 7 days from the due date published on the instalment schedule.
- A Late fee of INR 2500 + GST will be charged to the Participant, if the instalment is paid between 8 days from the due date to within 14 days from due date as published on the instalment schedule.
- If the Fee Instalment is not received within 14 days from the due date, then the Participant shall be considered a dropout and a Rejoining Fee of INR 5000 + GST will be charged to the Participant if the Participant wishes to continue with and complete the Course and rejoining can be accommodated as per Course guidelines.
Cancellation by the Participant
- Requests for refund of fees on account of cancellation of enrolment shall be considered only if such requests are received prior to closure of registration or 21 days before date of course commencement whichever is earlier.
- In event that such valid requests for refund of fees are received, the application money shall be refunded after deducting a penalty of INR 5,000 + applicable taxes for Indian participants & USD 125 for foreign participants.
- In all other cases, no refund shall be made.
- A participant may opt for rescheduling to a later batch of the same course / another course of prior to commencement of the course. However, such intimation must be made by the participant at least fifteen days prior to the commencement of the course. The amounts paid by the participant shall be considered as advance payment towards the next batch / alternative course. Further, the participant shall have to pay an administrative charge of INR 5000 plus applicable taxes (Indian participants) or USD 125 (foreign participants) for facilitating such rescheduling.
Cancellation by Talentedge & the Institute
Talentedge & the Institute, reserve the right to cancel courses at any time owing to reasons like insufficient enrolments, trainer indisposition or force majeure events. In the event that Talentedge or the Institute cancels a scheduled course, the student will receive full fee refund for the same. All refunds will be processed within 30 days of receipt of a valid refund request.
This course is designed with an aim to provide students with a 360 degree view of various practical and applicable aspects of marketing and brand management that includes understanding different types of markets, competition, buyer behaviour and...