Upscale Your Expertise to Manage Financial Business Risks Effortlessly
Risk is the main cause of uncertainty in any organisation and can come from both internal and external sources. Thus, companies increasingly focus more on identifying risks and managing them before they even affect the business. The ability to manage risk will help companies act more confidently on future business decisions.
Due to the prevailing focus on risk, risk management jobs have opened up and the scope trail is massive. Professionals in financial institutions and corporate need a solid understanding of financial risk measurement and management. This financial risk management course deepens the understanding of modern risk management concepts, theories, practices and trends while introducing various risk management concepts, tools, and techniques, by using an integrated approach.
Develop hands-on skills with class exercises
Knowledge will be imparted through class exercises to develop hands on skills that can be applied to practical scenarios
Hands-on exposure to popular financial models & tools
Get exposed to various financial models for analyzing and managing risk using popular tools like Excel
Live & Interactive online classes - Not recorded videos
Real classroom experience - Interact & learn more
Learn from the top faculty of IIM Kozhikode
Lectures imparted by top & experienced faculty
Learn to measure, manage & evaluate financial risks
Appreciate and understand the basic challenges in measuring, managing and evaluating risk by applying popular financial tools and procedures
Opportunity to earn a Certificate of Completion from IIM Kozhikode
On successful completion, you will receive certificate of completion from IIM Kozhikode
Who should attend
- For Indian Participants – Graduates (10+2+3) or Diploma Holders (only 10+2+3) from a recognized university (UGC/AICTE/DEC/AIU/State Government) in any discipline.
- For International Participants – Graduation or equivalent degree from any recognized University or Institution in their respective country.
- Proficiency in English, spoken & written is mandatory.
- Minimum 3 years of overall experience in financial institutions / finance department of non-financial firms or at least 4 years in a managerial position in such enterprises.
Dr. Jijo Lukose P J
Prof. Jijo Lukose P J, a doctorate from School of Management, IIT Bombay has designed and delivered training programs for banks and financial institutions including World Bank, ICICI Bank, Bank of America, CRISIL, Ashok Leyland Finance, Reserve Bank of India etc.
Prof. Sony Thomas
Prof. Sony Thomas is Ph.D. in Finance from Department of Management Studies, IIT Madras. He has conducted various training programs in Finance to private and public sector companies. Prior to joining IIMK, he worked with Deloitte Research and GE Money-MSE Financial Decision Sciences Lab.
Prof. Venkataraman S
Prof. Venkataraman is a Fellow (and MBA) of Indian Institute of Management Calcutta, and has been a Visiting Doctoral Scholar at S. C. Johnson School of Business, Cornell University, USA. Prior to joining academics, he has worked in the industry for around 20 years serving in various leadership positions. His specializations include corporate sustainability, international business, and entrepreneurship. He was formerly a Senior Director at CRISIL Ltd, the largest rating agency in India and a subsidiary of the globally recognized rating agency Standard & Poor’s. Over a span of 20 years, Venkat led various businesses within CRISIL and garnered extensive experience in credit ratings, advisory services, equity grading’s, risk management, credit risk models, business restructuring, valuation, infrastructure privatization, securitization and corporate governance evaluations. He has been closely involved with CariCRIS, the world’s first regional credit rating agency based in the Caribbean, having served as its founding CEO and Chief Rating Officer of CariCRIS from 2004-2007.
Post the payment of all due fees and upon satisfying the requisite attendance & evaluation criteria of the Professional Certificate Program in Applied Financial Risk Management, participants will be awarded a certificate of completion issued by IIM Kozhikode. Participants who are unable to clear the evaluation criteria but have the requisite attendance will be awarded a Participation certificate.
Live & Interactive Digital Learning
Learn from anywhere
Learn without quitting job
Case study learning
Hands-on learning using case studies, projects and simulations
Interactive live sessions with Industry stalwarts
Mobile platform enabled
Seamless learning on all screens; desktop, laptop, tabs & mobiles through app and browsers
Classroom based learning
Interactive in session peer to peer and with faculty discussions for in-depth learning against isolated learning of recorded sessions
The primary method of instruction will be through LIVE lectures that will be beamed online via Internet to student desktops/laptops or classrooms. This course would use a mix of pedagogical tools such as lectures, case discussions, Excel simulations etc. in the learning process. Students are expected to read the textbooks or other assigned readings outside of class and participate in the critical evaluation of the material through class discussion and in-class exercise. The course may require participants to work on individual/group assignments and/or projects. The main objective of such assignments/projects will be to help the participants apply their conceptual learning in the course to actual organizational decision scenarios. All enrolled students will also be provided access to our SLIQ Cloud Campus through which students may access other learning aids, reference materials, assessments, case studies, projects and assignments as appropriate. Throughout the duration of the course, students will have the flexibility to reach out to the professors, real time during the class or offline via our SLIQ Cloud Campus to raise questions and clear doubts.
A minimum of 75% attendance is a prerequisite for the successful completion of this course. The course may require participants to work on individual/group assignments and/or projects and the participants will have to secure the minimum pass marks in the respective evaluation components. Evaluation methodology is the discretion of the faculty. The methodology includes online exams, case analysis, class contribution and any other component as decided by the faculty. Participants who successfully complete the same and satisfy the requisite attendance criteria, will be awarded a certificate of completion. Participants who are unable to clear the evaluation criteria but have the requisite attendance will be awarded a Participation certificate.
About IIM Kozhikode
IIM Kozhikode was the fifth Indian Institute of Management, founded by Government of India in collaboration with Government of Kerala at Calicut in the year 1996. IIMK also holds the credit for having pioneered the Interactive Distance Learning (IDL) Program for working executives in India. Having started with 300 class contact hours in 2001-02, the year-long Executive Management Education is today the richest available in the country having 450 class contact hours. The Institute today is a leader in Faculty Development Programmes (FDP) and is the major QIP (Quality Improvement Programme) Centre of the All Indian Council of Technical Education, in the field of management education.
IIMK is also one of the few Centres for Development of Digital Libraries in the world and is a country leader. The Institute also has a strong International Exchange Programme for students and faculty with several leading Management Institutes in EU and ASEAN countries like SDA, Bacconi, Jonkoping, Sweden, Copenhagen Business School, Denmark, ESCAP-EAP, France; University of Queensland, Austria, Victoria University of Wellington and so on.
An active member of the Strategic Management Forum, IIMK lays stress on organizing Seminar/Conferences and conducts management programs for teachers. Leading Management Institutions like IIM Ahmedabad, Bangalore, Calcutta, Indore and Lucknow along with MDI, Gurgaon, XLRI, Jamshedpur and IIFT, New Delhi join hands to conduct week long faculty development programme on various subjects in the field of Strategic and general management.
IIM Kozhikode is ranked 5th amongst management institutes in India – According to the report by Business Today on India’s Best B Schools 2013.
- Perspectives on Risk and Risk Management
- Basic Risk Types and Measurement
- Financial Disasters and Risk Management Failures
- Understanding Financial Returns
- Volatility and Correlation
- Financial Markets and Institutions
- Introduction to Trading and Market Microstructure
- Equity Markets
- Bonds, Interest Rate and Interest Rate Sensitivity
- Corporate Bonds and Credit Risk
- Hedging with Derivatives Features and Valuation of Forwards, Futures, Swaps and Options
- VaR, Expected Shortfall (ES) and Other Risk Measures
- Parametric and Non-Parametric Methods
- Monte Carlo Simulation
- VaR Mapping and Backtesting VaR
- Credit Ratings
- Credit Risk Modelling and Credit Scores,
- Estimating Default Probabilities
- Structural Approach
- Credit VaR
- Credit Derivatives
- Securitization and Structured Obligations
- Operational Risk
- Liquidity Risk
- Risk Reporting
- Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) and Creating Value with Risk Management
- Risk-adjusted Performance Measurement and Risk Reporting
|For Indian Residents||
Rs. 75,000+ GST*
Payment Deadline: 20/12/2018
|For International Students||
Payment Deadline: 20/12/2018
|1st Instalment||2nd Instalment||3rd Instalment|
Rs. 30,000 + GST*
Payment Deadline: 20/12/2018
Rs. 15,000 + GST*
Payment Deadline: 02/04/2019
Rs. 30,000 + GST*
Payment Deadline: 15/06/2019
All applications for this course must be made through an Online Application Form.
In case payment is being made online through Credit Card/Debit Card, please ensure that you have the Credit Card/Debit Card with you at the time of filling out the Application Form. If you have opted to pay the Application Fee/Instalments of the Fee through Demand Draft/Pay Orders, then please ensure that the Demand Draft/Pay Orders for the applicable amount is made favoring “IIM Kozhikode” payable at Kozhikode and is sent to the address provided below along with the downloaded copy of your Application Form. Please ensure that you write your Name, REGID, Course Name and Contact number at the back of your Demand Draft/Pay Order.
All Demand Draft/Pay Orders along with a downloaded copy of your Application Form must be sent to.
Student Relations Manager,
21, Institutional Area, Sector 32,
Gurgaon 122001, Haryana, INDIA.
The Course fee is payable in instalments as per the instalment schedule provided. In the event of late payment of Instalment 1 or any other subsequent Instalments, a Late Fee is leviable as follows.
- A Late fee of INR 1000 + GST will be charged to the Participant, if the instalment is paid within 7 days from the due date published on the instalment schedule.
- A Late fee of INR 2500 + GST will be charged to the Participant, if the instalment is paid between 8 days from the due date to within 14 days from due date as published on the instalment schedule.
- If the Fee Instalment is not received within 14 days from the due date, then the Participant shall be considered a dropout and a Rejoining Fee of INR 5000 + GST will be charged to the Participant if the Participant wishes to continue with and complete the Course and rejoining can be accommodated as per Course guidelines.
Cancellation by the Participant
- Requests for refund of fees on account of cancellation of enrolment shall be considered only if such requests are received prior to closure of registration or 21 days before date of course commencement whichever is earlier.
- In event that such valid requests for refund of fees are received, the application money shall be refunded after deducting a penalty of INR 5,000 + applicable taxes for Indian participants & USD 125 for foreign participants.
- In all other cases, no refund shall be made.
- A participant may opt for rescheduling to a later batch of the same course / another course of prior to commencement of the course. However, such intimation must be made by the participant at least fifteen days prior to the commencement of the course. The amounts paid by the participant shall be considered as advance payment towards the next batch / alternative course. Further, the participant shall have to pay an administrative charge of INR 5000 plus applicable taxes (Indian participants) or USD 125 (foreign participants) for facilitating such rescheduling.
Cancellation by Talentedge & the Institute
Talentedge & the Institute, reserve the right to cancel courses at any time owing to reasons like insufficient enrolments, trainer indisposition or force majeure events. In the event that Talentedge or the Institute cancels a scheduled course, the student will receive full fee refund for the same. All refunds will be processed within 30 days of receipt of a valid refund request.
Crafting a great product is just the first half of the story of running a successful business because generating revenue is dependent upon making the potential customers aware of the product, its advantages and the reasons why it is better than its...
Today every business is trying to engage with data science in one form or another. Unfortunately, very few businesses have been able to even grasp the idea of what constitutes data science, let alone a useful or profitable implementation of the...
Senior corporate executives are expected to be “force-multipliers” but faced with the relentless pace and pressure of the business domain can sometimes make them lead their team and organization astray. Therefore, it becomes imperative for the...