Description Of Brand Sales & Marketing Courses
In this fast moving, and highly competitive and connected world, corporations are always looking for employees who are equipped with the right and advanced skills to realise their business objectives. Being one of the essential pillars of any business, professionals in Branding, Sales, and Marketing, are always high in demand in the corporations. However, such a job requires people who are equipped with the right and updated set of skills for optimum performance. Therefore, pursuing not any but the right course(s) in Branding, Sales, and Marketing will help you in boosting your career while maintaining a high employability quotient.
Products are made in a factory but brands are created in the mind —Walter Landor
In general, many amongst us misunderstand branding and limit its definition to the aesthetic components such as the design and logo of a brand. However, it might be true a few decades ago, today it has evolved to become a wholesome concept that encompasses various compositions owing to the growth of highly connected and digitally enabled world. Broadly, branding includes the identification, creation, and management of the perception of a brand in consumers’ memory. Although it has always been a vast and ever evolving concept, branding has become more dynamic with the growth of the internet user base across the globe. Therefore, if you are already on role branding professional, pursuing our live and interactive online branding courses, will help you become a leader in such a rich and diversified field.
To understand it better, here’s why branding is crucial for businesses in today’s world.
Branding Adds ‘VALUE’ To Businesses
Developing a brand for a business is just like creating an identity of an individual. For any individual, an identity is as crucial as other elements essential for living a life with dignity. Similarly, branding adds value and reputation to the business, which otherwise would become dull and stagnant eventually forcing it to die.
Let’s try to understand it with an example. For a stock brokerage platform, it becomes imperative that it focuses on creating a brand value that is based on trust —enabling smooth and safe financial transactions. Otherwise who would like to take a risk on their hard-earned money while trading through an untrusted platform.
Here, as aforementioned, it becomes the responsibility of a branding professional to carefully identify, create, and manage the perception of a brand to be able to make a business successful. Our live and interactive online PR and brand management courses will certainly help you in developing your analytical thinking to boost your career in branding.
Enhancing the customer base
Organic marketing through customer referral of a brand is a true sign of a powerful and a successful branding strategy. What it takes to create a concrete base of loyal customers for a brand? Although there are many elements associated with the answer, trust is the utmost emotion that a customer looks for in a brand before associating with it. A great branding plan will work towards establishing the values based on confidence and security where the customers can trust the business with which they are equating.
Consequently, a good branding professional will be able to leverage consumers’ trust into the greatest advertising technique of all times —word of mouth. Such referrals, along with bringing new business to the brand, enhances its positive perception through an unending chain of progression through customers. ‘Brand Tata’ is an example of such an aggressive branding strategy where the products and services of Tata Sons are considered to be of the best quality in class.
Enriches Brands’ Working Environment
A brand with a great and positive reputation is more likely to employ workforce that possesses a greater level of satisfaction, pride and ownership with it. Hence, a dynamic branding strategy is not only going to bring more business and expand the customer base for the company, but will also have employees that are more happy with their employer. Eventually, it is going to impact the working environment of the firm positively.
Skills required for a Branding Role
• Research and Analytical Skills
• Interpersonal Skills
• Innovation and creativity
Through our online courses on branding, you are going to understand it better how a rich branding strategy fetches far-reaching comprehensive and positive results. Further, as we all know that employees are the first line of contact for any business, employees that stand behind their brand is expected to translate into bringing more customers and hence more business.
With the onset of the Covid-19 induced pandemic, there has been a considerable alterations in consumer behaviour worldwide. This has a brought considerable changes in the way branding professionals pitch their marketing strategies. While brands in sectors such as hospitality, retail, aviation, restaurants, etc., are facing unprecedented crises, e-commerce, food, ed-tech, and healthcare have witnessed a surge in their businesses. Brand managers employed in the former category have been trying hard to avoid a hit on their businesses while the ones in the latter have been leveraging the situation to expand their employers’ business.
By pursuing an online courses on branding, the professionals will get a good insight on how to inculcate new strategies and processes owing to the drastic changes brought by the pandemic.
Types of Branding
• Product Branding: It involves branding a specific product(s) and is the most common type of branding. It works for the success of a product in the market by analysing the needs of the end-customer and formulating effective strategies.
• Personal Branding: Communicating individual’s personality by building a public persona can be loosely defined as the objective of personal branding. While earlier it used to happen largely through print media and TVs, today social media plays an important role for managing personal reputation.
• Corporate Branding: Like personal and product branding, corporate branding involves creation and management of values, exclusivity, mission, etc. In short, it work towards inculcating the broad conduct of the corporate in a market.
• Service Branding: Services, being invisible are a challenge for branding professionals. Here, they are engaged in a process where a customer finds the offered service(s) of a firm better, efficient, and friendly, making them visible —standing out of the crowd.
What differentiates sellers today is their ability to bring fresh ideas —Jill Konrath
Sales have been playing a pivotal role since the inception of the concept of business in early evolution days of humans. Being at the centre stage of the growth of any business, an executive in sales is expected to bridge in the gap between the needs of the consumer and that of the services/products offered by the firm. However, in this fast moving and highly competitive world, it is inevitable for salespeople to develop an ability to evolve dynamic and new ideas for fetching desired results. Our online sales courses are designed to equip you with required skills which will certainly help you in achieving career goals.
One of the most influential and historic business personalities and an automotive industry leader of his time, Henry Ford, once said, “Nothing happens until someone sells something.” If you are a sales professional and you become obsolete with the skills and strategies, you are certainly going to lose several business opportunities, causing a serious toll to the firm’s revenue. Therefore, it is always advised to keep yourself updated with the new sales techniques and skills offered by various online sales courses in India. However, if you choose to pursue sales certification online from the variety that we offer, you are definitely going to learn it from the leading market experts from premier Institutions in India and abroad.
From planning to execution, it’s all on your plate
Market research, sales planning, budgeting, generating demand of the product/services, payment collection, etc., all falls into the bucket of salespeople. Therefore, a sales professional is expected to be collaborative and persuasive while having equipped with advanced technical, communication and problem solving skills. If you are already a sales professional and is looking for boosting your career by acquiring new skills, join from the range of our cutting-edge, live and interactive online sales courses.
On the question of employment quotient, as sales is a highly competitive profession, you are ought to be in active and always learning mode. The expansion of internet users and digitalisation has completely transformed the sales professions. Today, along with the traditional sales methodologies, salespeople are expected to have a rich knowledge of the digital world. Remember, communication is the base of sales and marketing even when the world is moving towards the fourth industrial revolution.
Earlier when personal selling was the only option with the salespeople to sell products and services, now, along with it, they will have to leverage the digital options available to provide information, advice and recommendations to the customers.
• Time management and planning
• Technical Skills
Learning from the leading market experts is always advised to become a next-gen leader in sales. We, at Talentedge, believe that choosing a right course for enhancing your knowledge that can fetch fruitful results is not only beneficial for you, but also for the firm you are associated with. Hence, we are now offering multiple carefully crafted live and interactive online sales courses from one of the leading institutions in India and abroad. Get enrolled in our courses and start inclining towards your career goals.
Moreover, the pandemic has changed the world of sales to an extent of permanency. While earlier in-person sales was said to be the most effective tool, sellers and buyers are abruptly forced to go digital. Today, when Covid-19 waves are expected to hit frequently and forcing the government to impose restrictions on movement, it becomes imperative for salespeople to learn new methodologies. Through our sales certification online, you will get an opportunity to directly learn from the leading faculty, enabling you to inculcate vibrant sales strategy amid the pandemic.
Different Kinds of Sales Profile
• Outside Sales: Considered to be a traditional sales profile and the professionals usually interact face to face with the customers outside their offices. Usually, salespeople engaged in outside sales profiles spends more time outside their offices to meet underpinned business targets.
• Inside Sales: While outside sales professionals brings in the new customers, inside salespeople are responsible for maintaining relationships with the existing clientele and fetching new orders from them.
• Account Managers: They are responsible for managing the clientele of the firm while ensuring the needs of the clients are met on timely manner. Broadly, their task is client retention.
• Business Development Managers: While outside sales representatives have an immediate sales targets and goals, business development managers are responsible for shaping the future business of the company. Their main task is to define and develop what, when, where, and to whom a company needs to sell in the future.
Types of Selling
• Transactional selling: A short-term sales strategy that fetches quick sales. Most common example of transactional selling is sales through e-commerce platforms. Here, neither the seller not the buyer is interested in developing long-term relationship.
• Solution Selling: Here, the focus is on the need of the customer over firms’ product/service. A good solution selling strategizes more on building genuine connections with the prospects and providing creative solutions while presenting service and experience along with the product.
• Consultative Selling: To make it easy, it is a strategy that is a step ahead of solution selling. It caters selling to the buyers who are capable of identifying potential solutions on their own. It requires more skilled salesforce to execute the consultative selling.
• Provocative Selling: Similar to consultative selling, it focus on navigating buyers to the solutions. However, provocative selling adds antagonism by creating a sense of crises to provide solutions. This has proven to be an effective selling techniques amid the Covid-19 pandemic and uncertainties driven by it.
Marketing’s job is never done. It’s about perpetual motion. We must continue to innovate every day —Beth Comstock, Former CMO & Vice Chair, GE
Just like a flow of the river, marketing is a job that is, as Beth Comstock had mentioned, a “perpetual motion.” For such an incessant and ever evolving profile, a marketing professional is expected to remain highly flexible towards learning new marketing techniques, methodologies, and procedures. However, before going deep into what is expected from the professionals in the industry, we must understand what marketing stands for and all essentials it includes.
To begin with, marketing can be defined as an activity of the promotion of services and products that a business offers. Amongst other elements, market research and advertising are central to marketing. From beginning to end, a vibrant business model will embed marketing in all of the stages. Sometimes, the field of marketing overlaps with that of sales and branding. However, all these profiles are bifurcated with a silver lining and are likely to perform in collaboration.
Our online advanced marketing certification courses will take you deep into the concepts of marketing and will assist you being an effective marketer. Our courses will help you to employ efficacious market research and analysis, product development, advertising, distribution, and sales. Modern marketing began with the introduction of TVs in the 1950s. However, with the spread of internet and eventually, the smartphones has disrupted the whole concept of marketing.
Technology is now playing a key role in almost all forms of marketing —video marketing, print marketing, and various forms of internet marketing. Today, other than being well versed with the four ‘P’s’ of marketing given by E. Jerome McCarthy —product, price, place, and promotion, the marketers are expected to have a strong hold of technical and other advanced skills. A marketer through her/his critical, problem solving and out-of-the-box thinking will work towards enhancing the firms’ success and efficiency. Through these functional skills, you will be able to explore new markets while delivering a better customer experiences.
We offer a range of online marketing courses for executives and provide basic and advanced courses in Digital Marketing & Social Media Strategy, Advertising Management & Public Relations, Managing Brand & Market Communication, Sales & Marketing Management, Integrated Marketing Strategy, and Marketing Analytics amongst others through various premier Indian and international institutions such as the IITs, IIMs, XLRI, eCornell, etc.
But before you choose one amongst the many courses to boost your career, you should first know the broad set of skills that are required for the marketing role:
• Problem Solving Attitude
• Technical Skills —writing, research, data analytics, social media marketing, SEO/SEM, etc.
If you are looking for a role in marketing, you can specialise in one or more hard skills through our online programmes in marketing. Interestingly, other than developing the hard skills, our courses are designed to enhance your soft skills as well. By opting our online marketing courses, executives can elevate their performance and can help their employer become a market leader while achieving their personal career objectives in marketing. Post completion of our programmes, you will be able to expand your networking opportunities if you opt to be the part of an “Executive Alumni status” provided by some of our premier institutions partners.
As with other professions, the onset of the Covid-19 pandemic has brought disruptive changes to marketing. Amid the pandemic, marketers have observed a considerable change in consumer behaviour. However, without having equipped with advanced and new-age skills, it will be difficult for marketers to analyse the changes to be able to formulate effective marketing strategies. Through our online marketing certification courses, you will be able to prepare yourself for navigating through challenges and explore possibilities. As soon as you are done with our online marketing courses, you will be able to build a whole new marketing mindset for achieving optimum results.
Types of Marketing
• Traditional Marketing: It involves marketing techniques that emerged before the arrival of the internet. It heavily relied on outbound tactics as access to information was not as dynamic as it is today. Newspapers, magazines, pamphlets, billboards, TVs, and radios were largely used for marketing.
• Outbound Marketing: Calling, throwing emails, printing ads, etc, to the consumers to raise awareness about the product/service.
• Inbound Marketing: Based on three broad principles —attract, engage, and delight, inbound marketing focuses on attracting customers to the product/services. In this type of marketing, digital marketing strategies are heavily employed to fetch desired results.
• Digital Marketing: It leverages the technology and internet to reach the audience and negates the use of traditional marketing strategies. Search engines, social media, email, and websites are used to reach the audience.
• Buzz Marketing: It strategizes on generating a word-of-mouth marketing for product/services by engaging influencers on social media, and leveraging creative content and interactive events. To be more precise, it tries to create a buzz of the product/service or the brand via employing above mentioned strategies.
SPJIMR (Formerly SP Jain Institute of Management and Research)
Meet your Instructors
Learn from skilled instructors with professional experience in the field.
Marketing Communication Specialist, Docplexus
The faculty was very amicable and managed the sessions brilliantly.
Business Manager, Gateway Technolabs pvt. ltd.
Talentedge digital marketing program has allowed to access holistic knowledge and improve my pitch toward our clients. The understanding of social and analytics have especially given me more insights towards strategizing for clients. The program is really nice and must do for the students and Professionals.
Senior Manager- Client Services, Greenroom
When you work with a digital marketing agency, you live your life on your toes, juggling countless assignments till nocturnal hours. After completing my MBA almost a decade back and diving head-first into the sea of Marketing, I realised that the waters are not familiar anymore. Hence the need for upskilling to survive in this domain was as necessary as the air we breathe.
Coincidently, at the same time, I stumbled upon Talentedge and PG Certificate Program in Digital Marketing from MICA. Kudos to the impeccable targeting of Talentedge.
So, I took the leap and enrolled for this program and as they say, the rest is history. It's been a great learning experience doing this course with MICA, anchored by TalentEdge. The program expertly explained every aspect of Digital Marketing and widened my scope of work tenfold. Prof. Kishore was no less than a rockstar during his lectures and highly proactive in making the concepts clear as a crystal.
Shortly after completing the program, it helped me contribute more to my clients at my agency and I wholeheartedly thank Talentedge & MICA for being a part of my success story.
Marketing Manager APAC, Wilson Learning
Would definitely recommend this program for budding marketers.
Self Employed, Self Employed
A wonderful learning experience with amazing visit to the campus. The campus of MICA is absolutely breathtaking.